State of the Galaxy - October [MEGA]

Replies

• I engage, therefore I enjoy... :neutral:
  • GraveTroll wrote: »
    Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics.

Well no ****! They still suck but we're all forced to work towards them because it affects both arena and the Geo TB! 10 days of triple cantina refresh to get the materials for 1 R7 assuming you have the spare (sometimes critical) gear. But what lovely spin there.

Tell me community, how much you LOVE relics?

I really like them so far. My raid damage has greatly improved. Fleet is a blast with several relic pilots, as well as an interesting challenge thanks to players who already have Han and Chewie at r7. In squad, I'm able to beat more Malak teams than before with my JKR + Thrawn team. And I made it to kyber in the last GAC. I can't say I'm a fan of the additional grind and it wasn't an easy decision to throw more money at the game than I had planned for this month, but I sure love the outcome.
  • Liklik113 wrote: »
    Cg your boring us to death. Nothing new and no sandbox mode coz your delusional response is no one wil be interested in trying out their teams in intra guild battles. Get ready for more people quitting and keep listening to the minority who are clapping their hands because we get contraband cargo every 2 days.

Do you want less Contraband Cargo? Because this is how we get less Contraband Cargo (and nothing to make up for it).
  • It’s always good to communicate and listen to the community but the 31814 characters that are relic7 can also mean that it’s less than 1000 people or 2000 that have the entire roster relic7.
  • Deez_Nuttz
    13 posts Member
    edited October 1
    The two most pressing issues we’ve needed to resolve are a) when is the information surfaced and b) who can see it.

@CG_TopHat Feel free to message me in private or email me and I can show you all of this.
    “BattleRpc” and “BattleFinish” are clear as day in the data and the data these contain can easily be spoofed.
    Post edited by Deez_Nuttz on
  • TCS
    17 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I don’t qualify a reskin of an existing mode as new content. A new raid, a ship raid, a MSF Fear the darkness type mode, endless mode, and inter-guild battles would be new content, not a reskin.

I get that, but the Geo TB was new content and I'd say LS and DS Hoth are similar but fairly different modes. Different teams, strategies, etc. I wouldn't perceive this as a reskin simply because you can't use the same characters/ships so it forces different strategies.

All that stuff you suggested would be great, btw. And I think most people would be happy to see more conceptually different content. But it is really difficult for them to integrate all new modes into a game that has a fair bit of bugs and no subscription/guaranteed money to rely on. New content doesn't drive player investment on a large enough scale to have them focus the necessary time to develop, test, balance, and release. But Relics were a perfect add for them: limited asset creation/art design (compared to a raid, TB, etc), no new toons, very few Cantina changes, but also extends the power curve and gives players something to acquire (through farming or spending).

For a dev, the goal is to create as much revenue as possible with as little asset investment (re: Dev/Concepting time) as possible. Because this frees up the team to work on more and more things, including QoL/bug fixes, and further content releases. Love it or hate it, but releases like this and marquees/Malak-style events fuel the entire game. SWGOH would not exist without additions that people could spend on.
  • Nothingface
    394 posts Member
    edited October 1
    State of the Galaxy: COMPLETE BOREDOM
    "CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Follow Up - Relics
    We’re starting our next round of ideation around the future of relics and are excited to share what we come up with (when it’s closer to ready!).

I can't be the only one concern about this statement....

No follow up indication about easier low level gear but at least we get as other grind.
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Follow Up - Relics
    We’ve been monitoring the rollout of Relics carefully and we haven’t seen any major technical issues. Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics. We’ve seen 31,814 characters go to Relic 7 and there are over 138,612 characters at Relic 4-6. The tools we use to monitor the meta are also showing some pretty big shakeups. We’re starting our next round of ideation around the future of relics and are excited to share what we come up with (when it’s closer to ready!).
    CG_TopHat

I never see so many people leave game before Relic.

You make you own at less 3M$ with Relic in a month.

In financial term : every thing is fine!

In reality : it's not because people buy something that they like it or they don't have regret after!

• The Trello thing seems brilliant. I hope they keep updating it and using it.
  • You've seen a small amount of rage from the community because:

1. Your forum moderators destroyed your forum
    2. Your own players know that you know nothing, do nothing and are just pretty much below average in every single thing you do
    3. People just stopped trying to tell you the issues since you dont listen

Its sad really what is happening to the game, 1 step closer to death.
  • Iy4oy4s
    1008 posts Member
    TCS wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I don’t qualify a reskin of an existing mode as new content. A new raid, a ship raid, a MSF Fear the darkness type mode, endless mode, and inter-guild battles would be new content, not a reskin.

I get that, but the Geo TB was new content and I'd say LS and DS Hoth are similar but fairly different modes. Different teams, strategies, etc. I wouldn't perceive this as a reskin simply because you can't use the same characters/ships so it forces different strategies.

All that stuff you suggested would be great, btw. And I think most people would be happy to see more conceptually different content. But it is really difficult for them to integrate all new modes into a game that has a fair bit of bugs and no subscription/guaranteed money to rely on. New content doesn't drive player investment on a large enough scale to have them focus the necessary time to develop, test, balance, and release. But Relics were a perfect add for them: limited asset creation/art design (compared to a raid, TB, etc), no new toons, very few Cantina changes, but also extends the power curve and gives players something to acquire (through farming or spending).

For a dev, the goal is to create as much revenue as possible with as little asset investment (re: Dev/Concepting time) as possible. Because this frees up the team to work on more and more things, including QoL/bug fixes, and further content releases. Love it or hate it, but releases like this and marquees/Malak-style events fuel the entire game. SWGOH would not exist without additions that people could spend on.

I agree, however, when long time paying players are leaving due to boredom...you have a content problem. Several in my guild and shard chat have left because of this.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Anecdotal evidence is the best evidence.

Especially when we heard the exact same evidence after STR was released.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MntMan
    219 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

As the ever present CG apologist I know you have no choice, but I will point out that STR had to be fixed a couple times if I'm not mistaken.

In any case my issue with the Relics was that it didn't add another dimension to the game. It was just a power creep add on and I felt it was done in a lazy way. I mean why not just increase gear level or character level for the same effect. They had the mechanics to do it already in place without "creating" something new. I.e. just adding a pic on the screen. At least that's how it feels.

To be honest though I'm actually kind of excited about what they may be cooking up and if it's a unique ability that goes with each relic then I think that would be pretty cool. I mean whales will outpace the FTP (as it should always be on new content), but there would be so much potential to completely change the face of meta. Heck they could put a crazy new ability on UCP that could take down DR if they wanted. It could be a complete pivot. Now if it was a blanket generic feature handed down it all relics it may not be that exciting, but one that is thoughtful for each character could be cool. They could even release them in waves/batches so they can play around abit with how it affects the community. Just my opinion though.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    edited October 1
    MntMan wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I will point out that STR had to be fixed a couple times if I'm not mistaken.

It did. Irrelevant to the comparison though.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Exactly, which is why their numbers are shortsighted at best but as long as the whales and krakens keep paying and playing, they’ll keep doing what they want
  • Appreciate all the consistent communication! And yall got the calendar out And the "State of the Galaxy" before October even started! "Impressive..." Excited about LSTB Geonosis. It will be fun. Could yall please bring Jar Jar to the game? I mean, I know a lot of people pay money and are really competitive, but after all this is just a game. Can we have a little silliness too? I mean, after all, silly and wacky creatures are a part of the Star Wars Universe...
  • Bartek
    24 posts Member
    edited October 1
    1. I wonder if new FO oriented GAC will take my FO units into consideration while matchmaking. I hope it will. Because not everybody have them maxed out.

2. Can't be more happy that you guys are actually doing something against cheating. Sharing the battle stats is something that we wanted for a long time. Very pleased about this. Cheaters to their doom!

3. Relics are not fun - but are necessity, so it's obvious that people keep upgrading. I'm finishing my second r7 character today. Only a second one! And i do triple refresh every day. Those Signal Data shut down my cantina farm for good for anything else. So how can i be happy about them.
    Post edited by Bartek on
  • Spang
    253 posts Member
    CG_TopHat wrote: »

Follow Up - Relics
    We’ve been monitoring the rollout of Relics carefully and we haven’t seen any major technical issues. Initially there was some negative reaction in the community, but overall our numbers are showing high and continued engagement with Relics. We’ve seen 31,814 characters go to Relic 7 and there are over 138,612 characters at Relic 4-6. The tools we use to monitor the meta are also showing some pretty big shakeups. We’re starting our next round of ideation around the future of relics and are excited to share what we come up with (when it’s closer to ready!).

I've heard insane amount of **** from my government, so I'm quite used to it, but this is on par with their worst.
    Though I'm glad that krakens and whales enjoy relics, so they keep paying for the game.

Btw are you sure that this was the best time to tell about the "next round of ideation around the future of relics"? I mean negative reactions are not over yet, but you already hint at the next paywall/grind.
  • Do NOT start the GAC without fixing the random freezing problem @CG_SBCrumb. This issue is out of control currently, freezes many battles etc and WILL make GAC VERY unfair
  • Lrrr
    108 posts Member
    October setting up to be a snoozer like September was and August before it....
  • Tarssus_Fraxar
    2 posts Member
    edited October 1
    I'm excited to hear that something will be done to make the new player experience better to navigate. I stopped playing this game about a year and a half ago after two years of playing and unfortunately had to start completely over when I re downloaded. I am honestly quite overwhelmed by this game starting anew even though I had so much prior experience. I cannot even imagine how a true new player would feel coming into this game. I hope that whatever these improvements are, they are truly beneficial.