Lack of content makes the game boring currently

JZ95
167 posts Member
It's been a few days since GAC ended and there's nothing to do. I guess there was a TB, which feels very isolated as mode. Just go in, do your 4-4 CMs, deploy and that's it, especially the Geo TB is more boring than the others because the phases at fewer and last longer. Rancor is on auto, tank and HSTR end lighting fast, so fast that it's almost impossible to experiment and try out different squads.

I think we really need a new play toy, a mode that can keep us busy for as long as we want but doesn't actually require to sink too much time to do well. Spending additional time on it is just for the sake of having something to do. It's sad that all we got is relics, which isn't content but more gear walls to grind and then the devs took a break from pushing actual content.

I'd like this thread to be a brainstorm thread for all sorts of ideas, if you have something in mind I'd like to hear it.

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    If you want a mode just to have something to do, try coming up with a fun limitation for your teams and play GW on manual.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    If you want a mode just to have something to do, try coming up with a fun limitation for your teams and play GW on manual.

I've been trying to use a Jedi Council team (GK lead, Kit, Eeth, Mace, and Plo) but even at G10-12 they can't finish GW.
  • Here's some ideas for new content I'd like.

1. We need a recurring event that uses old Republic.
    2. We need some more events that use the galactic republic and separatists tgat we all just geared (though tb counts for this somewhat). But with bh we got the tb and some galactic bounties too.
    3. We need updated difficulty to current recurring events. I can auto the mythic tiers. A challenge would be nice.
    4. Updated tiers for challenges.
    5. A new gw tier that required me to face hard teams. Doesn't need to be endless but should have 12 gac difficulty level battles.
    6. A new raid or a ship raid.
  • Though, I think the critisms for cg about new content is a bit over blown.

New content takes time. Ds geo tb is still pretty new. They have also worked on relics (like it or not, more gear is a required way to eventually make geo tb beatable).

They are also working on the ls geo tb. That requires making new kits for pve opponents, deciding which teams will get reworked, deciding on character rewards, and designing new characters that will be rewarded. So a bit more complicated than a reskin.

And while you may not like tb, people did ask for pve content when we were getting a lot of pvp content.

I think in general cg tries to give us what we want. They may over correct sometimes but they are generally giving us stuff we have asked for. But people complain anyway.

Last year it was new characters as marques. People complain there are too many marques. They switch it up to legendaries. People complain it is too much. They switch it to reworks, then people complain that we have no new characters.

Yes, they could mix it up a bit but they seem to focus on one thing at a time. I think it'll switch back to marques soon enough (probably with ep 9 or the mandolorian), then we'll have some journies or legendaries associated with the new releases.

So my best advice is be patient. New content will come. But be careful what you wish for. Those complaining about the lack of content will be complaining about too much in a few months.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    TW sign up today, GAC sign up tomorrow. Stuff is coming.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH