3 weeks in....Ship options?

Qwik
25 posts Member
edited October 2019
Ok, so I'm not F2P, but I'm not a rich guy either as I will spend some cash from time to time.

Recently unlocked ships. Wow, overwhelming to say the least. The battles are so much tougher, not even able to clear the last map on stage 1 :neutral:

I can easily get distracted and was wondering if there was a 'pillar' system for the ships? Or a general guide to stick to for an order of ship collecting.

I don't really have anything that seems to really go well together, a mixed bag so to speak.

Any tips on what I should be looking into for ship/crew at this point?

Replies

• Options
    Now that bugs have been reworked, I'd go for geos for ds. You can fill in tie silencer, tie fighter, vader's tie, or a number of other ships. You'll eventually want ht for your ds tank.

For ls, you can either go rebels or galactic republic. Rebels let you unlock chimeria and are good if you get the falcoln but require a lot of gear.

Galactic Republic aren't good until you get negotiator so a bit of risk there too. But if you farm geos early you may be able to be in a geo tb guild before too long.

But for arena you can start with geos, use biggs as a backup tank and throw a few other ships and do ok.
  • Options
    Try to farm characters who have a ship. Some examples are Ahsoka Tano, Biggs, Boba Fett. The Phoenix characters also have ships and are a good start, because you can use them to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine.
  • Options
    JoryG87 wrote: »
    Try to farm characters who have a ship. Some examples are Ahsoka Tano, Biggs, Boba Fett. The Phoenix characters also have ships and are a good start, because you can use them to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine.

It also helps if the pilot is good in other areas. Bugs are good for both ships and fleet. Boba fett, bossk, and cad bane are good for both. Vader and tf pilot are good for both. Phoenix is good early on but probably not worth maxing. First order could be good depending on what kind of ep 9 love they get. Anakin and ashoka are both good for both.
  • Options
    My fleet was built around characters with other uses. Currently HT, tie silencer, ahsoka with phantom, Vader, cassian, and ghost to reinforce. Under chimaera
    Gave (or contributed to) squads for phoenix, rogue one (LSTB) jedi/gr, empire, FO, BH
    Other good duos are Biggs/wedge, slave1, tfp and FOTFP. And you'll need Thrawn tarkin and ackbar (would skip windy unless gets a rework).
    The other gr ships are good, but at their best with negotiator not endurance
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Tie silencer is very strong in early fleet arena. It shares node with its pilot, KRU, who also has other uses. The only drawback is, that you may want to farm other cantina nodes instead.

Rebel ships like Phantom, Ghost and Biggs' x-wing are easy to farm, have good synergy and are used to unlock a capital ship later (Chimaera).

Start farming Hound's Tooth as soon as you gain access to its node (shared with Jango). HT is has been part of every META since its introduction. It's pilot will be farmable at level 85, but you may as well farm the ship itself earlier.

You will need some dark side ships to gain access to farming zeta materials. Imperial tie, FO Tie and Geonosian Soldier's are all easy to farm, and have their uses in fleet arena. Slave One (which is also required to unlock HMF) and Tie Advanced are good choices too, although slower farms.

As others already pointed out, stick to ships who's pilots also have other uses and which you would farm and gear at some point anyway.