On this episode of HOARDERS

Prev1
What’s the consensus on Championship Tokens: Hoard or Spend?

Replies

• Options
    Thoughts @Edward

I spend personally
  • Options
    spend +1
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    i was hoarding, but started spending. Also because when the new GAC starts you don't have access to the good stuff for a while.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Always Hoard.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    Balance is usually the key to success.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    Tbh Ive been spending but might start hoarding because you don’t get that much and who knows if they want to release something important in there like a character
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    I just laughed at the title. :D
    Personally I hoard, to a point. 20k ... I set a bar not to drop below, just in case.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I spend it but sometimes I don't know what to buy because I don't need this stuff... I need stun guns and carbantis and not other G12 stuff where I have hundreds of pieces. xD
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    I spend it but sometimes I don't know what to buy because I don't need this stuff... I need stun guns and carbantis and not other G12 stuff where I have hundreds of pieces. xD
    Kyrotechs all day
  • Options
    they’ve said in past they won’t be using GAC tokens for characters ever. i just spend mine on kyro or g12 finishers when i have it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Spend on them sweet kyros.
  • Options
    I hoard every other resource in the game, but I spend these on kyros.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Spend immediately

I don’t see the point of hoarding GAC tokens
  • Options
    Spending, that little that i can, before running out again of that currency for the next 8 weeks after GAC.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    Kyrotechs all day

Nah. Have 3 complete pieces ready. I am just waiting for the epic confrontation to gear other stuff up. :D
  • Options
    Akenno wrote: »
    Kyrotechs all day

Nah. Have 3 complete pieces ready. I am just waiting for the epic confrontation to gear other stuff up. :D
    Shaak Ti alone uses 4 until G12. G12 finishers require two full pieces of one type of kyrotech.

It's never too much to stop farming kyros imho. 3 full pieces can disappear about as fast as 2-3 carbantis when a new important character is released.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Rafini wrote: »
    they’ve said in past they won’t be using GAC tokens for characters ever

Source please.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Source please.

It doesn't even matter if there is a source. EA could state one thing and then change their mind anyway.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Source please.

It doesn't even matter if there is a source. EA could state one thing and then change their mind anyway.

This is quite true. Although it's odd that you think EA actually micromanages so far down that they'd dictate what goes in the GAC shop.
  • Options

Source please.
    They didn't say ever, but do not have any plans to do so.

May Q&A about general character/shop updates:

Q: What is the reasoning behind not adding additional characters to the various shops like Galactic War, Arena, and Cantina? It seems like rotating characters in and out of there would be such a good addition. Currently everything just goes to shard shop currency which is pretty boring. Thanks! -Smerd
    A: CG_Cyanides: We look at these various shops as lifecycle based. There's a point in a player's lifecycle where they are working on obtaining all characters from each shop. Once that is complete, this becomes a new inflow of Shard Shop currency for gear farming. We have no immediate plans to update these shipments.

August Q&A specifically about GAC shop:

Q: Are you planning to add anything else to the GAC store?
    A: Cyanides - Maybe someday in the future. The store is pretty robust as of now, and it's only been out for a couple of months, so we don't have any immediate plans to add more to the Championship Store. I could see us adding more slots so that certain pieces show up more often, but that's it.
    Q: Will characters be added to the GAC store or as GAC rewards?
    A: Cyanides - We don't have plans to add characters to the Championship Store. One thing we have noticed is that whenever we have gear and a character in the same Store, a majority of players will go for the character. This means that gear farming drastically slows down. We do this in the Guild Events Store (which was a strong internal debate), so I wouldn't want to also do this in the Championship Store.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    That was what I remembered but didn't want to dig it up to be sure. Thanks.

The part I took issue with was "never." And as pointed out above, even if they come right out and say never, it doesn't mean anything.
  • Options
    I use them to buy kryojerks. Every new char requires them plus going to G13.
  • Options
    Spend as they're definitely not adding a character there.

It's just for gear
  • Options

Source please.

This is quite true. Although it's odd that you think EA actually micromanages so far down that they'd dictate what goes in the GAC shop.

I don't think that. Based on their actions through the life of this game, the CG branch of EA seems to be managing on the fly.

I was merely pointing out that if EA did in fact state they were not planning on adding a character to the GAC shop that they could change their mind (and they have done such before in other areas of the game); so the Rafini fellows point was irrelevant.

• Options
    +1 for kyro. They may add something in the future that makes me wish I had hoarded, but I need kyros now. If I don't spend GAC tokens, then it's crystals instead (either via refreshes or shipments).
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options

Source please.

I don't think that. Based on their actions through the life of this game, the CG branch of EA seems to be managing on the fly.

I was merely pointing out that if EA did in fact state they were not planning on adding a character to the GAC shop that they could change their mind (and they have done such before in other areas of the game); so the Rafini fellows point was irrelevant.

"CG branch of EA" and "EA" are two different things. If you had said "CG branch of EA" (or just "CG" like most people) I wouldn't have said anything about it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    What Championship tokens??

Oh....ummmm....spend(t).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Thoughts @Edward

I spend personally

I don’t do championships at all. So it doesn’t concern me. But I do have enough gear and other resources for GS event :D
  • Options
    Someone mention hoarding?
  • Options
    cej14s31zsdj.png