Potential odd wat tambor bug

I’m experiencing something really odd with wat tambor. With my droid nuke squad, I’ve never once been in a situation where after OHKOing bastila, I fail to OHKO malak. Hits on malak are normally around the 250k mark for me and always wipe him out.

However someone on my shard is using DR Malak Bastila GBA, with wat tambor as a 5th.

For some reason, and I can find nothing in the kit that explains it, after I OHKO bastila the crit on malak does only around 80k. It’s not the tech (he gives Bactoid shield generator to malak but that shouldn’t affect anything)

I can’t see any explanation for this and am thinking it must be a bug. I know this is a rare problem as who tf is using wat with SE, but I’m pretty sure there is a weird bug in there somewhere

Replies

• Bactoid shield generator wipes out the ferocity on Malak, thus he'll likely have 5 to maybe 15 stacks less ferocity which means 15% more defense per stack ( and less benefit from T3 due to less debuffs). But I'm guessing it's the difference in defense due to no ferocity on Malak.
  • Cardiff0 wrote: »
    I’m experiencing something really odd with wat tambor. With my droid nuke squad, I’ve never once been in a situation where after OHKOing bastila, I fail to OHKO malak. Hits on malak are normally around the 250k mark for me and always wipe him out.

However someone on my shard is using DR Malak Bastila GBA, with wat tambor as a 5th.

For some reason, and I can find nothing in the kit that explains it, after I OHKO bastila the crit on malak does only around 80k. It’s not the tech (he gives Bactoid shield generator to malak but that shouldn’t affect anything)

I can’t see any explanation for this and am thinking it must be a bug. I know this is a rare problem as who tf is using wat with SE, but I’m pretty sure there is a weird bug in there somewhere

Technically there are 2 bugs in there ;)
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • IronRanger wrote: »
    Bactoid shield generator wipes out the ferocity on Malak, thus he'll likely have 5 to maybe 15 stacks less ferocity which means 15% more defense per stack ( and less benefit from T3 due to less debuffs). But I'm guessing it's the difference in defense due to no ferocity on Malak.

Can’t be that, the damage is 3x less. The difference is 5 stacks of ferocity. Would make a difference but that is very extreme. As for the debuffs, GBA adds a 6th so there should be basically the same number of debuffs as when I normally use the team.
    IronRanger wrote: »
    Bactoid shield generator wipes out the ferocity on Malak, thus he'll likely have 5 to maybe 15 stacks less ferocity which means 15% more defense per stack ( and less benefit from T3 due to less debuffs). But I'm guessing it's the difference in defense due to no ferocity on Malak.

Can’t be that, the damage is 3x less. The difference is 5 stacks of ferocity. Would make a difference but that is very extreme. As for the debuffs, GBA adds a 6th so there should be basically the same number of debuffs as when I normally use the team.
    Defense % is not a linear damage reduction.
  • There are significantly fewer debuffs on the battlefield if your opponent is using geo brood alpha and wat tamboor. Standard DR team will have ~10 debuffs per team member, or around 50. That combo will have like 20 or 25 total. So half as many debuffs, means like 350% CD instead of 550%. Combine that with Malak’s ridiculously high defense without ferocity and yeah, you should only be doing about a third as much damage as normal. Don’t forget wat cleanses an ally with his basic, too.
    It seems your opponent may have found a counter-counter.
  • There are significantly fewer debuffs on the battlefield if your opponent is using geo brood alpha and wat tamboor. Standard DR team will have ~10 debuffs per team member, or around 50. That combo will have like 20 or 25 total. So half as many debuffs, means like 350% CD instead of 550%. Combine that with Malak’s ridiculously high defense without ferocity and yeah, you should only be doing about a third as much damage as normal. Don’t forget wat cleanses an ally with his basic, too.
    It seems your opponent may have found a counter-counter.

Looks to me to be exactly the same. The only difference is that malak’s debuffs go. But that is made up for by geo brute being there. Wats basic only dispels on his turn and he doesn’t get a 2nd turn before I try nuke malak.

As for defence making a difference, tbh I’m not sure how much of a difference it can make but I’m not seeing it reduce damage by 3x
  • Does armor% reduce damage by an equivalent amount? What is relic 7 malak’s armor%?

Looks to me to be exactly the same. The only difference is that malak’s debuffs go. But that is made up for by geo brute being there. Wats basic only dispels on his turn and he doesn’t get a 2nd turn before I try nuke malak.

As for defence making a difference, tbh I’m not sure how much of a difference it can make but I’m not seeing it reduce damage by 3x

GBA, brute and wat also don't get ferocity because they're not SE so there won't be as many debuffs

GBA, brute and wat also don't get ferocity because they're not SE so there won't be as many debuffs

But they are replacing SiT and Hk, who don’t get turns before you hit malak
    Cardiff0 wrote: »

They can gain ferocity before taking a turn.
    There is no bug here (except for Geos), someone just found a way to shut down your GG nuke.

There is no bug here (except for Geos), someone just found a way to shut down your GG nuke.

No they can’t.

But yes I do actually think someone was correct in saying that defence makes that much of a difference cos looking at his malak he has 70% armor and that means damage is a third of what it is when he has ferocity.

Pretty crazy actually

No they can’t.

Read drevans conquerer unique - when a SE suffers ability block or stun they dispel it and gain ferocity
  • DuneFlint wrote: »

No they can’t.

Read drevans conquerer unique - when a SE suffers ability block or stun they dispel it and gain ferocity

Ok they can maybe get 1 stack. Nothing important