TW matchmaking

Prev1
Dear CG!
Slowly the tw. When do we finally get into the lottery that you take into account the guild's total gp and not the members who entered? We keep getting bigger teams with 10-15-20M GPs just because they don't enter people to fight much weaker guilds. It's time to deal with that, not packing the 100th OP characters or relic stuff. Not only are there whales in the game, there are also those who are the ones who take these stupid things out of their minds.

Replies

• Another wonderful draw. 196M GP vs 225M GP
    Is that really okay?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    drmotto wrote: »
    We keep getting bigger teams with 10-15-20M GPs....

No, you don't. Your teams are approximately the same GP.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Another wonderful draw. 196M GP vs 225M GP
    Is that really okay?

Those numbers are not accurate to the situation at hand. The active GP in the match is close to equal. In that sense, yes its ok.
  • It’s sandbagging at its finest.

The algorithm should be first to match number of participants to number of participants and after that check the next one would be GP. You would have far more balanced TW’s.

You will always get a one off meaning you face a crazy good guild that you likely can’t beat but it shouldn’t be every other war. Tough battles yes, but not impossible.
  • drmotto wrote: »
    Dear CG!
    Slowly the tw. When do we finally get into the lottery that you take into account the guild's total gp and not the members who entered? We keep getting bigger teams with 10-15-20M GPs just because they don't enter people to fight much weaker guilds. It's time to deal with that, not packing the 100th OP characters or relic stuff. Not only are there whales in the game, there are also those who are the ones who take these stupid things out of their minds.

Why are you looking at the total GP rather than active GP? Horrible idea to base matchmaking on total GP. Active GP is already the closest thing to being fairly paired against one another.

I cannot imagine being a player of a guild that instructs me NOT to join TW just because they want to get paired with an "easier" guild. Such players would just leave and we're back to square one on your "issue".

All this will do will create a much worse scenario for many guilds who are unable to get all their members to join TW and forced to face those who were able to. The disparity will be so much worse.
  • Total GP doesn't matter.
    The sandbagging point is fair enough though as is one of the solutions above. Try and match on number of entrants and active GP. Maybe it already does but if so could shift weighting of it to number of entrants first. If sandbaggers keep drawing other sandbaggers they may stop using it as a tactic. If it is just a guild who is relaxed on entry then that is fair enough but they have no reason to complain if drawn against other guilds with only partial entry (for either reason).
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Is that really okay?

Those numbers are not accurate to the situation at hand. The active GP in the match is close to equal. In that sense, yes its ok.

No, that's not okay. Why should the large teams be exposed to the weaker guides? Why can't we finally make it to the full GP not to be the active GP for the draw? So how do I motivate my team members to take part in this when it seems we have lost at the moment of the draw?
    TW has been going for 2 years, the community has been telling me this is bad for 2 years. Is it really that hard to once listen to players and improve once they get ****?
  • drmotto wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Is that really okay?

No, that's not okay. Why should the large teams be exposed to the weaker guides? Why can't we finally make it to the full GP not to be the active GP for the draw? So how do I motivate my team members to take part in this when it seems we have lost at the moment of the draw?
    TW has been going for 2 years, the community has been telling me this is bad for 2 years. Is it really that hard to once listen to players and improve once they get ****?

Not all guilds have less than 100% participation because people are told to sit out but because it is voluntary. You basically want to force people to try for full participation or they get hammered. That is a very poor approach.

As I said elsewhere, matching on participants and active GP would solve it. Full GP is trying to dictate to people how to play the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Is that really okay?

Not every guild has full participation, and some dont even require it.

This guild event requires a fair amount of time where players need to "be ready" and not everyone can commit to that. It is good that they allow guilds not to suffer when someone cant be active.

Does that mean they shouldnt try to do more to mitigate this, of course not, but full GP is not the way to do it.

Believe it or not some guilds win, regardless of the opponents "advantage", in a game mode that has strategy and long term development aspects, it can be hard to gauge what is "wrong" and what is just poor planning (which can lead to complaining). They use the metrics of the win ratio in GAC, maybe they use that here too and it is producing close to the 50% they want to see.

They have access to all the data, the matchmaking should just make use if it. Average participants GP, zeta count, some combination of g12, g13, relic lvl and maybe even number of participants are all good metrics to start with.
  • Fair... 2700 zetaz vs 3600 zetas... Really fair?
  • drmotto
    10 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Here is the result. Don't tell me it's okay and totally normal. We are at a disadvantage with 26M GP.
  • This is not about win or loose.. this is about fairplay
  • xjjngp1f0z5u.png
  • Or the relics... About 50 vs 170
  • 5 players with 1million gp is equal with 1 player with 5 million gp? I dont think so.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    HUNSadun wrote: »
    Fair... 2700 zetaz vs 3600 zetas... Really fair?
    Or the relics... About 50 vs 170

Neither of these values are accurate to the situation. but could be part of a constructive conversation as to what should be included in matchmaking to help make things more fair.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Or the relics... About 50 vs 170

Neither of these values are accurate to the situation. but could be part of a constructive conversation as to what should be included in matchmaking to help make things more fair.

But i dont think so 50 players with 199m gp is equal with 40 players 199m gp. Thats not fair i think.
  • I don't care about the people who didn't joined the TW, but i have a sense its not accidentally.
  • HUNSadun wrote: »

Is this guild vs guild zetas, or active TW particpants vs active TW participants?
  • Fanatic wrote: »

Is this guild vs guild zetas, or active TW particpants vs active TW participants?

Full guild vs full guild.2700/50 3600/50 count if you want. But still not fair
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Are you perhaps all in the same guild? haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • This....nu6bzhwvanxt.jpg
  • leef wrote: »
    Are you perhaps all in the same guild? haha

Ohh man... Yes the same guild!
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I highly doudt that if they drop X people it will be a fair match. They almost had twice as much g13 than us.
  • Also we are in a group containing almost 200 players whom are still playing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    And before you answer, yes i sent a pm to lucifer to help find a solution hell if that helps i can give you or anyone whos competent in the sucject a discord invite and we can provide specific details about the matches we get.

why would they have to go to discord for you to share ideas on how matchmaking could be improved?

pinning everything on the other guild and calling them names is the only thing that should be avoided. the discussion should revolve around matchmaking, not what anyone wants to accuse another guild of (with no proof).