Obsolete zeta leadership

Alot of us have invested zetas on leadership we dont use anymore. Ex nihilus, cody, bastila, yoda and many more. Why not making a leadership zeta not leader slot still give the bonus to the character itself or some bonus. It really feel we wasting zetas on nothing

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The minor issue with this is that they are not balanced for that and could lead to some very OP combinations.
  • I could see this being good. Like GMY could keep the shock immunity even when not leading.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining on this (because I'm not - I get it) - but "built in obsolescence" is part of the game. Honestly, it's part of most industries. You have to keep gearing, modding and zeta-ing newer and better characters. That's part of the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    All characters become more obsolete as time goes on. Some more than others.
    There's a difference between a character becoming obsolete, and a zeta on that character becoming obsolete though.

Making even leader zetas have lasting changes to the characters they are applied to might actually even make some zetas that are not worth a second glance somewhat appealing. It's no guarantee your investment will remain relevant, but at least it will be useful when you use the toon.

The entire leader ability remaining active would be OP, but just some small portion that applies only to that individual would be okay. Like GMY being immune to shock.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining on this (because I'm not - I get it) - but "built in obsolescence" is part of the game. Honestly, it's part of most industries. You have to keep gearing, modding and zeta-ing newer and better characters. That's part of the game.

I agree with this. The problem I have is that it’s not just being obsolete. It actively hurts you. Zetas add a huge GP chunk that really hurts in GAC. I wish they would find a way to address that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Good points by both of you (Woodward and Bulldog). Not sure what a good solution might be though - at least one that's practical.

Maybe a system that would allow you to "lock out" leadership zetas prior to the start of a GAC? So, you're not removing it - but it's like it doesn't exist - in terms of ability or GP).
    But Woodward's idea would work too - and probably be simpler to code. Just rework some/most of the leadership zetas to have a "when in the leader slot " function and a "when not in the leader slot" function.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*