What is with Wat's AI?

So I've noticed some really bad decision making on What's part on defense. I like to use him with my General Grevious CIS Droid team in place of Droideka, I put it on auto to see how it plays and I notice something that has to be the **** AI decision I've seen in a while. First turn he put the shield generator on Magnaguard, good that's what I do. One his 2nd turn he PUTS THE MEDPAC ON B1, wait what? He puts the medpack on a character that cannot heal? Okay I get it, he has the lowest health on the team which I could forgive if B1 and Wat weren't in the same faction!

This seems inexcusable, Wat is a Separatist and B1 is a Separatist. Wat's AI should account for B1!

Take sometime and fix this rather obvious oversight, please.

Replies

• But what if B1 just wants to feel special? ;(
    He wants the shiny gear.

Then he can get his relic and the crit chance and crit damage bonuses it supplies. He can't crit, but he'll feel special.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Everyone thinks they want good AI until they actually have to play against it.

You don't want "smart" AI. The whole reason you're able to climb in arena is because the AI is mostly dumb (MOSTLY, I know certain things are hard coded, calm down nerds) and just does random stuff. If it actually played "intelligently" you'd lose a lot more on offense and come here raging about how the AI cheats.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    Everyone thinks they want good AI until they actually have to play against it.

You don't want "smart" AI. The whole reason you're able to climb in arena is because the AI is mostly dumb (MOSTLY, I know certain things are hard coded, calm down nerds) and just does random stuff. If it actually played "intelligently" you'd lose a lot more on offense and come here raging about how the AI cheats.

And the same can be said with that argument. Simple, I wouldn't mind a smarter AI. Would it increase the odds of me losing? Without a doubt but it would be more enjoyable seeing my modding and decision making actually mean something. Nobody is wanting an perfect "chess" style advanced AI anyways, but one that doesn't repeat itself 100% of the time regardless of what's on the table would would be welcomed by me anytime.

Someones asking for a robot uprising
  • So, regarding Wat's AI, the way he places the taunt tech and medpack is predictable.
    The taunt tech will go to the tank-tagged toon with the highest combined health and protection first turn ( bonus turn if he's zetad )
    the medpack goes to the toon with the currently lowest combined health and protection on wats 2nd turn
    The damage piece will go to one of the two remaining toons third turn. I haven't figured out the exact criteria of which gets picked on this piece however.
    B1 getting the medpack is expected, but definitely wasted.