Mace Rework?

Prev1
What ever happened to Mace's rework? Weren't we told when Padme first came out that Mace was going to get a rework? Or was that never an official thing?

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    We were never told he is getting a rework at any point in time since his last rework years ago

Anyone saying Mace Windu is getting a rework is speculating
  • Nope the little person in ur head is lying to you.

Palpatine?
  • He needs one though!
  • Rumour says they postpone the Mace rework by a week every time someone asks about it. Save that gear for him for 2023.
  • 5yv7tzdcqh7t.jpg
    Still waiting lol
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    They should not rework anything, they should let people catch a breath 1st.

Another character that comes from beeing useless to beeing a 1 man army would further push the game to death. They should release content, lots of it and fast(no geo tb is not content).

A rework doesn’t have to mean turning him into a one man army. I’d settle for him not being hot garbage anymore.

And why would making a character (one that lots of people like) actually useable kill the game??? Kyros and adding multiple progression systems too close together are why most of the people in my guild and arena who have quit couldn’t stand it anymore.
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    They should not rework anything, they should let people catch a breath 1st.

Another character that comes from beeing useless to beeing a 1 man army would further push the game to death. They should release content, lots of it and fast(no geo tb is not content).

LMAOOO buddy all the reworks are new content & F2P. GEO TB is new content and you're just so unskilled to participate in it.
  • GeoTB is new content, but it's not additional content. You have to sacrifice existing content to pariticipate in it.

I'm also being generous, it's mostly a reskin of Hoth.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if a rework wasnt imminent with LSTB coming in November. If he doesn't get reworked for this, I don't think he will. With that said, CG does have a good track record of reworking the most requested characters.

I’d actually be shocked if he gets a significant rework. There’s a few characters that the game basically gives (Jedi consular, clone wars chewie, etc.). If Mace were a good character, beginners would just use this character from level 40 (or whenever you get ships) until it’s time to start working on heroes. I think it’s more like they introduce a new Mace that’s actually good.

As a fan of the character, I really hope we get 1 good Mace in any form.
  • I’d actually be shocked if he gets a significant rework. There’s a few characters that the game basically gives (Jedi consular, clone wars chewie, etc.). If Mace were a good character, beginners would just use this character from level 40 (or whenever you get ships) until it’s time to start working on heroes.

I hear you, but disagree, under that line of thought then Tarkin & Vader also suck, and I don't think anyone is saying either of them are useless the way Mace is.

I agree he doesn't need to be a 1-man army.

After reading his Kit a few times I really just think he needs to have that Expose altered from Random Target to whoever he targeted with attack and then give him a Taunt since he's a Tank.

Minimal changes would make him quite usable, IMHO.

• Taunt, expose, and retaliation. Also: keep the permanent kill jango if killed when exposed (no need to insta-kill, but can be dead is dead).
  • First, @Intrapidoo
    (no geo tb is not content)

I have to laugh at how ridiculous this is. You make yourself sound so dead-ignorant when you say things like this. If you want, you can say that you don't like Geo TB, or you can agree with the criticism from @elmarko1234 who said:
    GeoTB is new content, but it's not additional content. You have to sacrifice existing content to pariticipate in it.

But when you say that it's not new content, you are fooling yourself...and no one else.

Look, no one has to like Geo TB. People can still wish for more things to do to keep them busy in-game. There are lots of criticisms that you can level if you like, but "it's not new content" can only possibly be asserted by people who don't know the english definitions for common words like "content" and "new".

Secondly, I've previously addressed a possibility for a Mace rework. We still don't have anyone who engages in anything like the attack-deflection which makes the Jedi so cool in the movies' action scenes. Consistent with the in-story description of Mace as adept at turning opponents attacks against them and with the movie depiction of Mace redirecting blaster fire and Sith force-lightning, I proposed an ability that would actually reflect special damage (rather than counter-attacking), It took a while to find my original proposal, but I did, and it went like this:
    Vaapad (Unique):
    Mace Windu has +50% evasion vs Special Damage. Whenever Mace successfully evades Special Damage, there is a 50% chance the attacker takes 50% of the damage directed at Mace. If Mace was the only target of this Special Damage, there is a +50% chance the attacker is affected. This is not a counter-attack.

Additionally, I proposed a new ability "Flank Attack" for Mace instead of Taunt, which would probably be folded into his Vaapad Unique, perhaps as a zeta upgrade:
    Whenever a Sith enemy attacks another ally or whenever any enemy attacks another ally currently at less than 50% health, Mace Windu counter-attacks.
  • I bet he will get some new abilities which unlock at R7 only
  • If there is anything to give CG credit for it is reworks/touch ups!

Some of the best things over the year has been these reworks on seps and 501. The addition of newer toons that really help a faction. B1, nute, dooku etc etc.

While they have never said master windu would get a rework I can speculate that he will and it will be pretty good. Maybe not GG level though. Also you can probably see what they are going for from the padme event and geodstb.
  • I’d actually be shocked if he gets a significant rework. There’s a few characters that the game basically gives (Jedi consular, clone wars chewie, etc.). If Mace were a good character, beginners would just use this character from level 40 (or whenever you get ships) until it’s time to start working on heroes.

I hear you, but disagree, under that line of thought then Tarkin & Vader also suck, and I don't think anyone is saying either of them are useless the way Mace is.

I agree he doesn't need to be a 1-man army.

After reading his Kit a few times I really just think he needs to have that Expose altered from Random Target to whoever he targeted with attack and then give him a Taunt since he's a Tank.

Minimal changes would make him quite usable, IMHO.

I honestly don’t remember how easy tarkin was to get, but Vader certainly was not easy. Did they give us tarkin too? Like I said, I’d be happy if they made Mace a significant character, but I would be shocked if they did. Sometimes it’s nice to be wrong through :)
  • I don’t see them reworking Mace either. Vast chunks of the playing population have him starred, levelled and at least partially geared. There’s little money for them that way.

A new Mace toon would be more their style.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I can see him getting a new unique that reduces damage from DS sources along with ramping offense against DS (each hit does 5% more damage aka Finn rework). Not game breaking and might make a little money for those thinking Mace is staying weak.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • I don’t see them reworking Mace either. Vast chunks of the playing population have him starred, levelled and at least partially geared. There’s little money for them that way.

For now at least... assuming R8+ Or Multi Relics means new abilities, I could see reworks happening on characters like this (timed with Relic mat packs for sale) when the alternative is a month or two of grinding it out.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I'd be shocked if a rework wasnt imminent with LSTB coming in November. If he doesn't get reworked for this, I don't think he will. With that said, CG does have a good track record of reworking the most requested characters.

How dare you have a rational and non-inflammatory post in my forums!

SoulfulFrighteningArcherfish-size_restricted.gif

• What if mace windu is still alive? He used force jump and he is hiding all this time
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I don’t see them reworking Mace either. Vast chunks of the playing population have him starred, levelled and at least partially geared. There’s little money for them that way.

I cannot see Mace not getting a rework

The final battle in phase 4 of Geo TB that requires Count Dooku is a recreation of the the final duel in episode 2 versus Padawan Anakin, Jedi Kenobi, and Yoda

We have the Ackley special mission that takes place in phase 2 that is also something shown in Attack of the Clones

Since we are recreating that last couple of minutes of Geonosis in the films in this TB, we are very likely going to have a special mission that requires Mace Windu or a combat mission that requires Mace Windu in one of the phases where we fight Jango Fett

And Mace Windu definitely needs a rework if it is able to hold ground in the new TB because even at g13 he is trash
  • I’m ok with no rework. Just release a master windu or jedi counsel windu but iunno. Yes I’m aware that the current mace in the game is a master but it would allow for a new mace in the game without reworking. We will see. He is a really powerful jedi and deserves to be decent in the game.

Ahh, they can still make money on him w/out a marquee even if it's indirectly.
    If they rework and make him required for a mythic event at power 20K, either wallets will empty to get whomever he unlocks or you will drain your crystal savings so they can unload something else on us a few weeks later.

According to swgoh.gg, only 32% have him g11 or higher and 50% are below g10.
    If he is reworked to be a taunting tank for either LS Geo or this upcoming mythic, people will have to gear him because a g10 taunting tank is useless.

Mobile-g is correct when he says they can give us the chars for free at 7-stars because they are usually useless. It's the gear that kills us.

See community stats for mace here.
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/mace-windu/data/?filter_type=all

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @Intrapidoo
    Sorry but its just not new playable content

Sorry, but please define:

1. "new"

2. "playable"

3. "content"

Because from where I sit, absolutely NONE of your criticisms (We need gear! We need mods!) has anything to do with whether something is "new" or "content" when your original assertion was that this is not new content. Your addition of "playable" barely changes anything, since LS Battles Stage 4 isn't "playable" unless you meet the requirements of finishing LS Battles Stage 3. To say something isn't "playable" merely because you can't defeat it yet is... weird. If not juvenile. (i.e. "I didn't win! that's not fair!")

So please! Tell us what you definitions of "new" and "content" and "playable" are.

If they are remotely like anything that can be found in a dictionary, it's hard to imagine that DS Geo TB didn't meet it at the time of release.

But please. Educate me about the english language so I can understand how you are completely correct.

• @Intrapidoo
    Content would be a new raid, a new game mode, new things that people can ENJOY. Content to milk the cash cow further is not enjoyable content

So as I said at the beginning. Your complaints aren't that the content is not "new" (you nowhere even defined "new", which I can only take to be you conceding the point), or that Geo TB doesn't constitute "content" (same comment), but rather,

1) It's not enjoyable,
    2) It's too difficult for you to win,
    3) The content, though new, bears similarities to other content that exists, as if HSTR bore no similarities to HAAT, and
    4) It's not enjoyable.

As I said before, there's no reason you have to like GeoTB. There's no reason for you not to complain about it if you happen not to like it. But you're ritualistically using the phrase "no new content" when what you're actually complaining about is that you're not having fun.

So stop saying "no new content" and instead describe what would make the game fun for you. That would be a useful comment AND would have the benefit of not distorting the english language beyond all recognition.
  • ...just wanted to say, I'd love a Mace Windu rework... o:)