HK Modding?

Morning all,
My HK-47 is G11/7* and is doing nowhere near the amount of damage i see enemy hk’s doing. What mods am i meant to have on HK?

Thank you!

Replies

• I'm sure you also know there's a lot of things that factor into HK's damage output, mods just being one factor. Gear level, unique zeta, team composition all also factor in.

But in terms of mods you can honestly go with either crit damage or offense depending which has the better secondary offense, crit chance, speed etc. secondary stats. With the Crit Damage boost from a full sith empire team, combined with the offense boost from ferocity the two sets are pretty even in average damage output. Given the crit chance boost from ferocity as well, a crit damage set would seems to make sense but that's also offset by the fact HK doesn't critically hit on his AOE.

If you check the mod meta report on swgoh.gg you'll see that most top 10 arena players are modding with either offense set or crit damage set.

vq0j4c8jipz9.png

Both are valid choices. You have some flexibility on the 2 peice set, crit chance probably isn't wasted but since you get so much crit chance from ferocity it's also not essential.

You definitely want a crit damage triangle and an offense cross though and good offense secondaries on all your mods. At g11 you can't have 6 dot mods so you'll want flat offense secondaries probably. At g12 and higher you'll probably want 6 dot mods with offense % secondaries.

Also see this recent discussion as CD vs Offense on sith empire is briefly mentioned on page 1 https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/214955/offense-mods-giving-more-critical-damage-than-cd-mods#latest
  • Offense all day. His assassination protocol special anihilates the targetted enemy most of the time anyway, but his AoE (paired perfectly with deathmark) can't critically hit so that type of set is wasted there.

You need a lot more gear though, HK's damage potential is considerably lower at G11, G12+ or G13 is highly recommended.
  • I'm sure you also know there's a lot of things that factor into HK's damage output, mods just being one factor. Gear level, unique zeta, team composition all also factor in.

But in terms of mods you can honestly go with either crit damage or offense depending which has the better secondary offense, crit chance, speed etc. secondary stats. With the Crit Damage boost from a full sith empire team, combined with the offense boost from ferocity the two sets are pretty even in average damage output. Given the crit chance boost from ferocity as well, a crit damage set would seems to make sense but that's also offset by the fact HK doesn't critically hit on his AOE.

If you check the mod meta report on swgoh.gg you'll see that most top 10 arena players are modding with either offense set or crit damage set.

vq0j4c8jipz9.png

Both are valid choices. You have some flexibility on the 2 peice set, crit chance probably isn't wasted but since you get so much crit chance from ferocity it's also not essential.

You definitely want a crit damage triangle and an offense cross though and good offense secondaries on all your mods. At g11 you can't have 6 dot mods so you'll want flat offense secondaries probably. At g12 and higher you'll probably want 6 dot mods with offense % secondaries.

Also see this recent discussion as CD vs Offense on sith empire is briefly mentioned on page 1 https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/214955/offense-mods-giving-more-critical-damage-than-cd-mods#latest
    Offense all day. His assassination protocol special anihilates the targetted enemy most of the time anyway, but his AoE (paired perfectly with deathmark) can't critically hit so that type of set is wasted there.

You need a lot more gear though, HK's damage potential is considerably lower at G11, G12+ or G13 is highly recommended.

Thank you!
  • I've found a tenacity/health set is best on HK.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I've found a tenacity/health set is best on HK.

Why? You want him to do damage. I'd rather have my AOE knock out multiple characters. Offensive mods for the win.

He thinks HK is a Jawa. All brown things look like Jawas to him.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rhispaq
    23 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @TVF you work for CG forget the dislike button why can't we like comments multiple times?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    As soon as I get paid.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH