"and Thrawn."

Just curious if you have a team of 4 "and Thrawn" for a particular use. I've seen it a lot.

Replies

• Options
    I used Triumvirate and Thrawn to take down a Padmé team this past round of GAC.

I've also used him in a Palp team to take out Carth teams.

I like to save him as a roving "helper" against any team that I think is either a little too powerful for the team I'm sending in or if the opposing team has one character that is a bigger threat than the others (with the Carth team, it was the zZalbar).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I used Triumvirate and Thrawn to take down a Padmé team this past round of GAC.

I've also used him in a Palp team to take out Carth teams.

I like to save him as a roving "helper" against any team that I think is either a little too powerful for the team I'm sending in or if the opposing team has one character that is a bigger threat than the others (with the Carth team, it was the zZalbar).

Basically he puts 1 enemy on lockdown and gives an ally free TM right?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    With wampa and hoda +1
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    There's really not a thrawn team, so every team is something +Thrawn. Most people even say "empire +Thrawn"
  • Options
    There's really not a thrawn team, so every team is something +Thrawn. Most people even say "empire +Thrawn"

Yeah, that's the meat of the point of the thread. What teams of 4 + Thrawn?

It isn't infinite.
  • AKsithlord
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I don't have a GG nuke team so instead I use zzGG g12+3, zDooku g12+3, zB2 g12+3. Znute g11+3 and Thrawn g12+3. He does quite bit and with dookus omega stealthing GG at the beginning. Makes them really effective at offense. Have had some luck on defense but GG mods aren't there yet so its not destroying teams
  • Options
    Thrawn + IT also works well. Gives a cleanse that Troopers desperately need. If you're using for straight up offense then move Veers out of lead and drop your Shore/Storm.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I'm always a meta behind, and my last two counter-meta teams have been JKR/Bastila/GMY/JB/Thrawn and CLS/Han/Chewie/3PO/Thrawn. Thrawn/Magma/DT/+2 is an effective Triumvirate counter as well.
  • Options
    My Sith are overall underdeveloped, so I currently use Thrawn alongside the Triumvirate and Dooku.
    Still not a he.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn + Magma is still my go to vs Traya. Easy win everytime.... I really miss the Traya meta lol
  • Options
    Thrawn is literally a solution to every team of 4. He fits in everywhere with his fracture, counter attacks and TM swap/cleanser.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    I also use him in a moving position depending on my opponents defense. empire (palp lead, rg, vader, tfp) or triumvirate. But there have been times I used him in no synergy teams for that single toon lockdown (against nuke teams behind a tank). I'd say don't hesitate to plug him anywhere.
  • Options
    I use him with Cls and Resistance mostly now but Thrawn goes wherever he wants and fits in nicely.uyti6l17kyfv.jpg

The Chiss army knife.
  • Options
    How is Thrawn used against a zTraya team?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    There are no teams + thrawn, there only are thrawn + teams.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Thrawn is Chuck Norris when Chuck Norris does Star Wars cosplay.
  • Options
    NS + Thrawn might actually be more detrimental than 5 NS, as he can't revive on a basic or be revived on a basic, so less offence for Ventress, less health for Daka, and potentially less TM for Talzin.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Options
    Until my Malak is 7*, Darth Revan, Fallen Basty, HK, ST... and Thrawn make a potent raid/late Geo TB team, and were my go to in arena before I got my Malak up to G11 and 6*.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    Usually the "...and Thrawn" is due to the lack of the fifth you really need and thus fill in with him as he is a great toon and can boost almost any team
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    Juzz wrote: »
    Usually the "...and Thrawn" is due to the lack of the fifth you really need and thus fill in with him as he is a great toon and can boost almost any team

Exactly. He was my 5th for my DR team while I was waiting for Malak’s second coming. Was the only way my DR could pierce the wall of Malaks...
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Thrawn is Chuck Norris when Chuck Norris does Star Wars cosplay.

He even kicks his opponents to stop them dead :smiley:
  • Options
    Some of us have no Revans of any flavor, no CLS, etc.

I use Asajj, Daka, Zombie, Nihilus, and Thrawn to hunt slow JKR’s in arena. If my Thrawn goes before their Revan, I win 70-80% of the time.

• Options
    MabLunga wrote: »
    Some of us have no Revans of any flavor, no CLS, etc.

I use Asajj, Daka, Zombie, Nihilus, and Thrawn to hunt slow JKR’s in arena. If my Thrawn goes before their Revan, I win 70-80% of the time.

I guess I can "empathize." I quit for 1.5 years. zFinn resistance team was my best path to an arena team in a month. Did that while spending 6 months farming for CLS. 1.2 years later I now have a meta competitive team for top 200. Mods are still an issue for me. My CLS is only 279 speed at relic 6. He's the fastest on my team. I'm sure top 10 DS/Malak teams on my server are 330+ speed.