Why people keep asking for more pve

Because the PvP in this game is ridiculously unbalanced in favour of people who pay to win. You can argue against this, but you will fail.

Replies

  • I disagree. In all game modes, spenders will generally outperform non-spenders, otherwise there would be no reason to spend. Do you imagine that they would create a new raid or event and not tune it such that it's very difficult unless you have a great roster. Remember when the sith raid first came out and people complained that it was too hard for non-spenders, remember when people were making the same complaint about GeoTB? I actually think GA matchmaking has been pretty good lately, but my main point is that all new content (PVP or PVE) will be tailored towards highly developed rosters, and with PVE this is even more likely.
  • I don’t understand....
    Players want more pve because they like Star Wars and they like this game and they want more of it.
    End game players remember enjoying playing through the tables and having to ramp up to handle events and journeys. They may not beat it the first time but they like having a goal to build towards.
    It’s not more complicated than that...it doesn’t mean they don’t like pvp- but for some of course they feel like it is more difficult to compete in that aspect. Pve doesn’t require you to be the best. It just requires your time and focussed team building and gearing, all of us remember enjoying that or we wouldn’t have played this game to begin with. It is natural for players to want updates to the game so that they continue enjoying that element.
  • Kyno
    21649 posts Moderator
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Because the PvP in this game is ridiculously unbalanced in favour of people who pay to win. You can argue against this, but you will fail.

    This game is not P2W, there is nothing in this game that cant be gained through time and nothing that is locked behind $$ as the only path to get it.

    Now for the only argument that matters in against your statement:

    $$ =/= good at the game. There are many players who $$ and are not the top every game mode, which means they lose despite $$$. Therefore they do not have a ridiculous favor on their side.
  • Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Because the PvP in this game is ridiculously unbalanced in favour of people who pay to win. You can argue against this, but you will fail.

    Incorrect. PvE content sets fixed goalposts you can problem solve and invest your resources towards meeting and being successful which results in a gratifying feeling which almost everyone regardless of spending enjoys. It also however leads to an end point which results in that content being boring and a repetitive slog once completed. These factors combined result in 1st the desire for PvE content and 2nd the requirement for new PvE content on a semi regular basis. Hence frequent calls for new PvE content.

    Conversely PvP content does not need to be updated regularly since the goal posts continuously move based on the continuous development of your opponents meaning there is less call for new PvP content. Newer progression systems also feed this continued development cycle in PvP content which is why it's cheaper for the developers focus more on progression systems than new PvE content which will necessarily become obsolete/boring quickly.

    With respect to pay to play advantage, the first reply already answered this. High level spenders do an awful lot better than free to play in all new PvE content. Meanwhile, in grand arena it's likely competitive free to play will have an advantage in the championship standings as it seems to be the case so far that the more g13 teams and relics involved in a GAC battle the lower your banner average is going to be. F2P players with one or two g13s and relics are currently less likely to see multiple high relic characters in your opponents roster because of the massive GP they add. In addition, a single relic 7 character (easily obtainable as free to play) now lets you climb to 1st in arena. If anything, PvP content is currently balanced with respect to P2P vs F2P advantage where as the current pinnacle of PvE massively favors spenders with multiple g13 teams.

  • People want more PvE, because PVP is generally boring, you face the same teams again and again.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    People want more PvE, because PVP is generally boring, you face the same teams again and again.

    The 500 crystals a day gets boring too :p
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • leef
    12845 posts Member
    8hmw0t94u0vc.png
    I'd like to see you win that argument now ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naw
    917 posts Member
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Because the PvP in this game is ridiculously unbalanced in favour of people who pay to win. You can argue against this, but you will fail.

    I have NEVER liked PVP in this game. All this PVP content makes me sick in stomach, and I’m itching to quit on a daily basis.

    I started playing this because of the PvE was fun. Now there is nothing to do besides sim sim sim.

    Rewards are in general garbage and there’s not really much to do.

    Instead of neutering GW it should have been reworked. New PvE game moded created etc.

    But we are long past that. The only thing that matters is how to get money the easiest.

    I used to enjoy this game on a daily basis, how to find the joy again?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Because the PvP in this game is ridiculously unbalanced in favour of people who pay to win. You can argue against this, but you will fail.

    This game is not P2W, there is nothing in this game that cant be gained through time and nothing that is locked behind $$ as the only path to get it.

    Now for the only argument that matters in against your statement:

    $$ =/= good at the game. There are many players who $$ and are not the top every game mode, which means they lose despite $$$. Therefore they do not have a ridiculous favor on their side.

    Oh I’m just completely SHOCKED that you are defending this game.

    I would be willing to bet $1,000,000 that everyone in the top twenty has spent money to be where they are. CASE CLOSED.
  • Akenno
    111 posts Member
    Would be cool to get some sort of private TB.

    I mean we have GAC as some sort of 1vs1 TW so we need the same for TB. :D
  • Liath
    4606 posts Member
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet $1,000,000 that everyone in the top twenty has spent money to be where they are. CASE CLOSED.

    I will happily take your million dollars.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet $1,000,000 that everyone in the top twenty has spent money to be where they are. CASE CLOSED.

    I will happily take your million dollars.

    You have it backward. I will happily take YOUR million dollars.
  • leef
    12845 posts Member
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet $1,000,000 that everyone in the top twenty has spent money to be where they are. CASE CLOSED.

    I will happily take your million dollars.

    You have it backward. I will happily take YOUR million dollars.

    How though, cause you're not winning that bet. haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet $1,000,000 that everyone in the top twenty has spent money to be where they are. CASE CLOSED.

    I will happily take your million dollars.

    You have it backward. I will happily take YOUR million dollars.

    How though, cause you're not winning that bet. haha

    So, you don’t think the top twenty players have ever spent ANY MONEY on this game? You honestly believe that?
  • leef
    12845 posts Member
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    I would be willing to bet $1,000,000 that everyone in the top twenty has spent money to be where they are. CASE CLOSED.

    I will happily take your million dollars.

    You have it backward. I will happily take YOUR million dollars.

    How though, cause you're not winning that bet. haha

    So, you don’t think the top twenty players have ever spent ANY MONEY on this game? You honestly believe that?

    I know that for a fact, i'm one of them.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    4606 posts Member
    Leef, you forgot #the882. :D
Sign In or Register to comment.