IPD Target Lock Question

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question. I've run into this issue several times. How is GK able to taunt with IPD's target lock on him?

I have the zeta on IPD, and the target lock was inflicted before the taunt came up. All opponent characters have all zetas as well, so I might just be missing something there. Not necessarily saying something is broken, just trying to figure out what's happening so I can adjust strategy as necessary. Thanks!

5w4zgy2ergmo.png

Replies

• Options
    GK's new zeta says he'll taunt for 1 turn then any GR ally loses protection up or if crit hit. So guessing that triggered it. Not sure why that is not stopped by the IPD zeta however but it's his unique and not an ability so the unique is treated a little different than abilities.
  • Options
    Hmm, I definitely think that's where the taunt is coming from (a GR ally losing Prot Up). Just not sure why the target lock isn't preventing it. Haven't seen anything to suggest the taunt should happen.
  • Options
    When you activate IPD ability he dispeled all bufs on enemy team, including their prot up, then Kenobi zeta trigers and give him taunt , and then target locked is applied. It is not a bug.
  • BrakirKY
    145 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    When you activate IPD ability he dispeled all bufs on enemy team, including their prot up, then Kenobi zeta trigers and give him taunt , and then target locked is applied. It is not a bug.
    This is correct. If you look at the ability mechanics for IPD's buff strip, it dispels buffs first, then applies target lock. The taunt is activated as soon as as prot up is lost, so it sneaks in between the two actions in IPD's ability. If you have Kenobi shocked before you strip buffs, the taunt shouldn't apply between the two actions, since shock blocks buffs.
  • Options
    Thanks! I'll definitely keep an eye to see if this is how this is happening. I actually think the target lock had already been applied to him (IPD's turn meter in the screen shot suggest this, although I don't remember how soon before this GK taunted) and the taunt came on a different turn when an ally lost protection up.