3 Fleet Farms

Prev1
You've got to be kidding. So G13, relics and then 3 fleet farms, a TB character, 2 legendaries...No wonder it's a 5 year plan. Wow. Good try on the $3.99 pack. Good try. I'm certainly looking forward to Jedi Luke requirements. I'd use other words but I'd probably get permanently banned. The lot of you better get luxury company cars after this one.

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Fleet farms are no different than hard node farms

Shaak Ti aside, the other two have been in game for a very very long time
  • You don't need the Negotiator either (though I bet it's a ton easier with it). You can use Endurance.
  • Only way you could use negotiator is if it was 7 star anyway as per requirements so for 99% of players you’d have to use mace windu capital ship regardless
  • Can be done with endurance, but need all g13+relics for that fleet and godly rng in your favor.
    Negotiator requirements would probably be g12 fleet
  • Only way you could use negotiator is if it was 7 star anyway as per requirements so for 99% of players you’d have to use mace windu capital ship regardless

Not even Team instinct or Mighty wallets have a 7* negotiator.

It's endurance for everyone
  • DHudson wrote: »
    Well that all just makes it so much better. I'm glad you two have such a positive outlook. Good on you. And that's why they do the stuff that they do because people like you both are okay with it.

Actually with you on this one, it’s an event that I probably will quit over. But you’ll always get 2 sides of the coin in forums. Some are die hard fans of the way cg does things, some can see it’s a milking of the cash cow style.
  • Padmé has been out 6+ months, GK has been out for years, b1 for months & C3po has been out for a year. Shaak ti is if.

Someones been slacking.

Get gud
    Well that all just makes it so much better. I'm glad you two have such a positive outlook. Good on you. And that's why they do the stuff that they do because people like you both are okay with it.

Actually with you on this one, it’s an event that I probably will quit over. But you’ll always get 2 sides of the coin in forums. Some are die hard fans of the way cg does things, some can see it’s a milking of the cash cow style.

Some can enjoy it and some can wait. It's only how personal you take it...

Some can enjoy it and some can wait. It's only how personal you take it...

I agree, it’s how you play the game and what your farming style is like whether you enjoy it or not. Personally g13, geo Tb, relics, this event and then ls geo Tb next month is too much farming in a short space of time. But that’s how it is, the spenders keep the game going and I’m sure the majority of the community appreciate it. Just with gac and tw becoming more flooded with having the lastest thing/relic being more and more important it’s something I don’t enjoy anymore. But that’s my play style, all for everyone’s different ways of enjoying the game, just not my cup of tea anymore (yes I’m British)
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Why do fleet farms matter vs character farms? They require the same amount of energy.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    DHudson wrote: »
    Because ships

giphy.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• There have been relatively few ships for a good long while. I can understand a lot of complaining. But if you aren't spending crystals to keep this area of the game leveled, as F2P, you've been unwise. This is a resource management game. This is an entire area of the game that it's been easy to invest in and complete, at least in terms of star level.

There are so many toons that you do have to say "Do I need this, and how much should I put into it?" Though, with toons, you should be working to farm anything you don't have to at least somewhere past 6* in case of an event.

With ships, if your approach has been "I don't need shuttle, I don't need Gar's ship, etc." you haven't been playing the game right because this day has been coming since ship release, and quite frankly, the real complaint is more that some of us have taken ships seriously from the start and there's been little in the way of rewarding us for that until now. The complaint that ship farming should remain a joke and cater to people who don't do it is garbage.
  • There have been relatively few ships for a good long while. I can understand a lot of complaining. But if you aren't spending crystals to keep this area of the game leveled, as F2P, you've been unwise. This is a resource management game. This is an entire area of the game that it's been easy to invest in and complete, at least in terms of star level.

There are so many toons that you do have to say "Do I need this, and how much should I put into it?" Though, with toons, you should be working to farm anything you don't have to at least somewhere past 6* in case of an event.

With ships, if your approach has been "I don't need shuttle, I don't need Gar's ship, etc." you haven't been playing the game right because this day has been coming since ship release, and quite frankly, the real complaint is more that some of us have taken ships seriously from the start and there's been little in the way of rewarding us for that until now. The complaint that ship farming should remain a joke and cater to people who don't do it is garbage.

Why is that? The game was made with characters and ships were only added later. Its called Galaxy of HEROES not Galaxy of Ships
  • TVF
    36592 posts Member

I'm ok with it because I'm planning to have this done for zero dollars.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Why is that? The game was made with characters and ships were only added later. Its called Galaxy of HEROES not Galaxy of Ships

All I see in that last line is somebody justifying poor strategic choices.

But I will answer your question.

They added the game mode a long time ago. The fact that they haven't developed it much has been a gift to F2P, because the safe assumption is that they are going to increasingly monetize it at some point. But instead, it has largely sat there, allowing for F2P to complete farms with relatively little daily investment. Assuming you've also been wise in choices that increase your daily crystal intake...

From an F2P perspective ships have been one of the safest investments you can make, with a much higher likelihood of being able to stay even with everything at all times. So yes, you can say you don't play the game for ships, but it's in the game. In fact, most of what we do in the game was "added" or modified later... I wouldn't want to play this game if it was still like it was on release... but if you say you don't play it for ships then you aren't playing it to win. And the result of not playing to win is that you lose.

• I have come to live with the fact that as a F2P player, I can accept the fact that I will miss out on any legendary characters the first time around and get them when it comes back.

Players who spend on this game makes it possible for this game to continue running that didn't cost anything up front.

Most of the requirements have been around for so long, most would've gotten them by now except may Shaak Ti and Padme.

If you don't have them, that was your choice to not farm them. It's the same for me as well, I chose to put those droids aside to get my DR & Malak and then moved towards Geos and Clones. So, I accept the fact I'm going to get him maybe in the next 5-6 months perhaps. I look on the bright side that I now have something else to chase.

This game will be less stressful when you learn to live with your choices. If you're not spending any money, accept the fact you're not going to be ahead of the curve.
  • I dont get it.

Why everyone must get everything in the first try?

Thats endgame contend for players that finance our game or longtime players that made the right choices.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Farms?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Padmé has been out 6+ months, GK has been out for years, b1 for months & C3po has been out for a year. Shaak ti is if.

Someones been slacking.

Get gud

child
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    GA_Phoenix wrote: »
    I dont get it.

Why everyone must get everything in the first try?

Thats endgame contend for players that finance our game or longtime players that made the right choices.

It's a slippery slope on the requirements. That was more so my point.

They continually raise the bar on the requirements as more and more people catch on and are prepared for what they expect the requirements to be based on the last thing. We've been on this slope since CLS. ETA: Actually, since Thrawn.
  • The bottom line is that most people don’t have all the requirements yet and will have to wait for the second or third instance. That’s okay- that is more content to build towards. If you are recently into the game you pry don’t have any revans either - you may not have thrawn or Traya or CLS.
    To be already ready you would have had to have been playing a long while. This is no different than any other game- new releases come out but if I’m haven’t been playing since the start and making good choices then I should t expect to be ready. Next time is still awesome.
    For anyone looking to hurdle over other players and get to the top without having played very long - we have crystals and packs available or of course there were the Revan releases which allowed for a lot of leap frogging.
  • My issue with Fleet is the currency generated slower. At normal times it is only 5/hour unlike 10/hr for regular energy. Plus, there is only one bonus fleet currency per day instead of 3, like regular energy. So they 'charge' the same 20 energy for a toon node, but only give you half the energy per day.