General Anakin Is F2P

Prev1345
Padmé_Sadmé
208 posts Member
edited October 2019
Everyone complaining about Anakins new event being P2W is so incorrect.

Let's see, T1, GR capital ship, regular ships & anakins ETA.

Everything here including anakin's ETA has been F2P for quite some time now and you cant scream "P2W!!!" When the ship has been out for ages and the rest being F2P GR.

All the GR pilots are useful and somewhat meta characters as well. On top of that, unlocking the Negotiator at 7* is practically impossible for even whales meaning Mace Windu would be used for this event.

T2: Ahsoka, GK, Padmé, Shaak Ti & C3PO

Ahsoka has been F2P for years, GK has been out for years, Padmé is 6+ months old, C3PO is super old and Shaak ti is the only exception.

Although she has been out for 2-3 months and fleet nodes are hard nodes now with the cheaper pricing so it's easy for a F2P to get her (this is the only really P2W part if the event that is arguable)

And again, all amazing meta characters / top tier.

T3: Just requires skill which money cant buy.

T4: Asajj, B1, B2, Droideka & Magnaguard

Asajj is incredibly F2P and a solid character. B1 may be thought to be P2W but I mean hes been out for around 4-6 months which is incredibly F2P.

B2, Droideka & Magnaguard have been out for a while and all of these characters a fairly attainable (droideka is somewhat difficult) however, they're all apart of another amazing team.

So this event requires, a bunch of F2P, meta characters besides Shaak Ti (B1 to a very minimum extent) and requires meta / top tier characters everyone has geared up basically.

So forget all the fuss because this is much more F2P compared to Darth Malak and people just don't understand that.

I dont get why the same people commenting there is no content get mad when content gets added.

I didnt farm C3PO because I was too lazy to farm ewoks and yet I'm not screaming P2W because the event isnt and I'm not gonna get super salty over the fact that I didnt get my F2P characters ready due to my laziness.

Replies

• JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    You made so much money with relics, did you have to come up with a new version of already existing Anakin to squeeze even more out of us? The final movie of the trilogy is coming out this December and this is another resource drain before new movie content comes out
  • Options
    What isn't F2P besides Shaak? Exactly
  • Padmé_Sadmé
    208 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

Everything here including anakin's ETA has been F2P for quite some time now and you cant scream "P2W!!!" When the ship has been out for ages and the rest being F2P GR.

All the GR pilots are useful and somewhat meta characters as well. On top of that, unlocking the Negotiator at 7* is practically impossible for even whales meaning Mace Windu would be used for this event.

Ahsoka has been F2P for years, GK has been out for years, Padmé is 6+ months old, C3PO is super old and Shaak ti is the only exception.

Although she has been out for 2-3 months and fleet nodes are hard nodes now with the cheaper pricing so it's easy for a F2P to get her (this is the only really P2W part if the event that is arguable)

Asajj is incredibly F2P and a solid character. B1 may be thought to be P2W but I mean hes been out for around 4-6 months which is incredibly F2P.

B2, Droideka & Magnaguard have been out for a while and all of these characters a fairly attainable (droideka is somewhat difficult) however, they're all apart of another amazing team.

So this event requires, a bunch of F2P, meta characters besides Shaak Ti (B1 to a very minimum extent) and requires meta / top tier characters everyone has geared up basically.

So forget all the fuss because this is much more F2P compared to Darth Malak and people just don't understand that.

I dont get why the same people commenting there is no content get mad when content gets added.

I didnt farm C3PO because I was too lazy to farm ewoks and yet I'm not screaming P2W because the event isnt and I'm not gonna get super salty over the fact that I didnt get my F2P characters ready due to my laziness.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Is the event 3 days or 7? Or have they not said?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Don't bother OP, the complainers (who probably do not even play) will cry and be outraged no matter what.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Is the event 3 days or 7? Or have they not said?
    They haven’t said but it’s very likely 3 days
  • Options

He's right, if you play right and focus right, you could easily get this character, it's also very easy to horde Shards if you're a level 85 player.
  • Options
    Good deal.
  • Options
    Welcome to the swgoh forums, where every event you are not prepared for is P2W and for the whales, while every event you are prepared for was f2p/easy to see coming.

Every new gear level/progression system will be the final nail in the coffin due to the max exodus of players, and every new raid/guild event is destroying our guilds by forcing players to better guilds.

Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options

The power requirements are so high that in some cases g13 will be required to get there. This is an unimaginable gear sink just to take part and that tells us nothing about difficulty
  • Options
    And the 700 kyrotechs to get Padme and Shaak'ti just to g12 is super f2p cause nobody would use those for any of the other 170+ characters that need them now.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Which toon requires g13?
  • Options
    Why were all the replies deleted?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Drewbee wrote: »
    And the 700 kyrotechs to get Padme and Shaak'ti just to g12 is super f2p cause nobody would use those for any of the other 170+ characters that need them now.
    Whale or F2P — everyone has to decide who to allocate kyrotechs too

You didn’t do Shaak Ti and got four (For example) g13 toons while someone else only got a g12 Shaak Ti

You do get to benefit from those 4 g13 toons over the months
  • Options
    JZ95 wrote: »

The power requirements are so high that in some cases g13 will be required to get there. This is an unimaginable gear sink just to take part and that tells us nothing about difficulty

False, these are same gp levels as malak, which meant g12 +1 or g10ish with a zeta
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    Drewbee wrote: »

Most of Padme's gear was awarded when you completed her event because she was not meant to be that hard to gear but it was impossible to change it that late, so they just gave it to ua
  • Options
    Right padme and shaak both have two zeta so with zeta they probably hit threshold at G9. My G10 padme is 20k. Maybe not enough to be went viable but able to do event
  • Options
    Darkjar wrote: »
    Why were all the replies deleted?

I honestly think the forums are broken.

My threads are double posting inside and outside of the thread
  • Options
    I’ll be missing this run. Anakin’s ship at 5* and Magnaguard needs lots of gear (carbanti anyone?) B1 needs 40 shards and Shaak needs 65. All 3 are on fleet battles so next run for me.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    And here is how everything gets justified, someone somewhere chose to farm Shaak Ti instead of all these other characters, someone somewhere got lucky and picked the right characters to farm because they are a fan of a certain era of star wars and now the get a free pass for the meta for 6 months. We've been through all this before, CG wouldn't have made the requirements what they are unless they saw huge revenue potencial, this only means one thing, they know how to make the most money out of every situation, Anakin made no sense, we already have his ultimate form, can someone explain how he's any different from the version we have already?

This is another slap in the face of loyal long term players. And BTW, whoever says it's just Shaak Ti that's the only p2p aspect of the event, well who cares? That's still prohibitive for getting the character
  • Options
    And here is how everything gets justified, someone somewhere chose to farm Shaak Ti instead of all these other characters, someone somewhere got lucky and picked the right characters to farm because they are a fan of a certain era of star wars and now the get a free pass for the meta for 6 months. We've been through all this before, CG wouldn't have made the requirements what they are unless they saw huge revenue potencial, this only means one thing, they know how to make the most money out of every situation, Anakin made no sense, we already have his ultimate form, can someone explain how he's any different from the version we have already?

This is another slap in the face of loyal long term players. And BTW, whoever says it's just Shaak Ti that's the only p2p aspect of the event, well who cares? That's still prohibitive for getting the character

Considering there is no kit yet, nobody really knows how he is different. As for why another version, I ask: why 5 hans? 4 Chewies? Multiple leias, lukes, landos, reys, kylos, yodas, obi wans, ahsokas, revans, and bastilas?
  • Options
    Mmmm....... I’m happy with these requirements. I won’t be ready in time (been farming Shaak Ti, B1, Droideka, and ETA for a while but I’m going to be short and even if I got them in time, my Magnaguard is 7* but only g7) for the first shot, but all the requirements are reasonable.

I think a couple f2p players will get it. But saying it’s easy when B1 and Shaak Ti take the same energy and are relatively new is a bit disingenuous.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Been out for 3 months.

Btw Shaak ti clones + anakin & Padmé GR & GGs droids are all the best teams in the game.

Btw Shaak has been out for months so honestly you're just looking for a reason to complain.

So you're telling me people wouldn't have already farmed these iconic meta toons? Yeah aight
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Mmmm....... I’m happy with these requirements. I won’t be ready in time (been farming Shaak Ti, B1, Droideka, and ETA for a while but I’m going to be short and even if I got them in time, my Magnaguard is 7* but only g7) for the first shot, but all the requirements are reasonable.

I think a couple f2p players will get it. But saying it’s easy when B1 and Shaak Ti take the same energy and are relatively new is a bit disingenuous.

Honestly I neglected Droideka and its kicking me in the ... rn lol
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Won't get close, but not miles off either. 2nd time...maybe.

Every new character, especially one like this, is P2W to a degree. That's how the game is funded and why we are all able to play it.

Yes a few F2P may get him because they farmed the right things at the right time, but they're the exception not the rule.

Having said that, OP's long winded post shows little understanding of the grind a f2p has to go through.

We're not seeing anything new with this event. Making money is always the priority, why wouldn't it be?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Shadroth wrote: »
    I’ll be missing this run. Anakin’s ship at 5* and Magnaguard needs lots of gear (carbanti anyone?) B1 needs 40 shards and Shaak needs 65. All 3 are on fleet battles so next run for me.

This is really the only thing I don't like about this style of event. Sure, it's f2p - if you happened to guess right on many things and gear most of them along the way - several of which are from the same energy (ship). I've got 6k+ crystals stashed, but honestly not sure I want to burn it just to get Shaak Ti and Ani's ship both to 7*.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Won't get close, but not miles off either. 2nd time...maybe.

Every new character, especially one like this, is P2W to a degree. That's how the game is funded and why we are all able to play it.

Yes a few F2P may get him because they farmed the right things at the right time, but they're the exception not the rule.

Having said that, OP's long winded post shows little understanding of the grind a f2p has to go through.

We're not seeing anything new with this event. Making money is always the priority, why wouldn't it be?

Wdym I'm 93.2% f2p. I have most of these guys ready just not all
  • Options
    You made so much money with relics, did you have to come up with a new version of already existing Anakin to squeeze even more out of us? The final movie of the trilogy is coming out this December and this is another resource drain before new movie content comes out

I think the real problem you, and many others are facing is the feeling that you must collect every character / ship. You don't. This is a huge game. Focus on what you like and play the characters you enjoy. You don't HAVE to HAVE everything they release.

I'm very happy to see more content, because it provides more opportunities for people who want that character. I don't want Gen. Skywalker,, so I won't pursue him. I love Ewoks, Rebels, Smugglers, Empire and a few other squads, and they keep me winning plenty to be happy.

Find what makes you happy, and do that. Don't try to play Keep Up, cause unless you are a kraken or whale, you won't be able too..... Just enjoy the game. :):):)
  • Options
    If you have been playing GoH for 2 years or more, chances are, you will have all the required toons if you are in a good guild. The only exception being Shaak Ti as she is still fairly new. The requirements are pretty low unless you are a new player.

I see what they are doing, make it possible for a lot of older players to unlock him day 1, then have some 100 dollars packs to tempt people to make him G13 and relic 7 immediately.