General Anakin Is F2P

1235Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Krynn007 wrote: »
    A second-time unlock is doable for F2P players who aren't way behind on GR and Seps. A first-time unlock, however... I don't think there are many people who meet all the requirements or can get ready in the few remaining days. And those who do are probably not F2P to begin with.

But that's par for the course. Whales get first pick and a temporary advantage, as always. At least they don't require toons like Juhani or Canderous this time around. Aside from Droideka (and maybe Shaak Ti if General S. renders her obsolete) all characters and ships* are extremely useful.

*That is, if you have the patience to 7-star the Negotiator before getting your JKA 2.0. Unless Mace gets a rework, it would be painful to gear him up for his obsolete capital ship. And I have a feeling that the event might be next to impossible with Endurance.

That's wrong
    I'm totally 100% f2p and am ready

I don't see how many others are not
    Everything that is required basically has use elsewhere in the game, and unless you been sitting under a rock, I don't see how people haven't worked on them yet
    At least veteran players
    The sep droids for Geo tb
    The ships for negotiator
    Assaj, because nightsisters

I'm kind of surprised they didn't choose characters like kit fisto. Characters that people probably haven't star or geared up. Usually that what they do

My Eta-2 just went to 5*. I don't like ships and the ship meta has barely changed (HT and Han's Falcon) since ships were released. That's why I'm not ready. And I don't really care. I'm not dumping 6k+ crystals for a ship just to 7* it in time for the event. Especially since it's completely viable in fleet arena at 5*...just like the Falcon was.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Everyone complaining about Anakins new event being P2W is so incorrect.

Let's see, T1, GR capital ship, regular ships & anakins ETA.

Everything here including anakin's ETA has been F2P for quite some time now and you cant scream "P2W!!!" When the ship has been out for ages and the rest being F2P GR.

All the GR pilots are useful and somewhat meta characters as well. On top of that, unlocking the Negotiator at 7* is practically impossible for even whales meaning Mace Windu would be used for this event.

T2: Ahsoka, GK, Padmé, Shaak Ti & C3PO

Ahsoka has been F2P for years, GK has been out for years, Padmé is 6+ months old, C3PO is super old and Shaak ti is the only exception.

Although she has been out for 2-3 months and fleet nodes are hard nodes now with the cheaper pricing so it's easy for a F2P to get her (this is the only really P2W part if the event that is arguable)

And again, all amazing meta characters / top tier.

T3: Just requires skill which money cant buy.

T4: Asajj, B1, B2, Droideka & Magnaguard

Asajj is incredibly F2P and a solid character. B1 may be thought to be P2W but I mean hes been out for around 4-6 months which is incredibly F2P.

B2, Droideka & Magnaguard have been out for a while and all of these characters a fairly attainable (droideka is somewhat difficult) however, they're all apart of another amazing team.

So this event requires, a bunch of F2P, meta characters besides Shaak Ti (B1 to a very minimum extent) and requires meta / top tier characters everyone has geared up basically.

So forget all the fuss because this is much more F2P compared to Darth Malak and people just don't understand that.

I dont get why the same people commenting there is no content get mad when content gets added.

I didnt farm C3PO because I was too lazy to farm ewoks and yet I'm not screaming P2W because the event isnt and I'm not gonna get super salty over the fact that I didnt get my F2P characters ready due to my laziness.

General Anakin is as much f2p as going with a face mask and a pistol in a bank. Sure you can think its than free money...but it wasnt pre thought far.
  • Shadroth wrote: »
    I’ll be missing this run. Anakin’s ship at 5* and Magnaguard needs lots of gear (carbanti anyone?) B1 needs 40 shards and Shaak needs 65. All 3 are on fleet battles so next run for me.

Same. Rng has been royally screwing me as shaak isn't even 5 stars yet even though i started farming her within a week or so of her fleet node. B1 is some 90 shards and the eta is 50 shards.

So I'm not worried since those 3 alone would take 10s of thousands of crystals to whale to 7* and 17k power.
  • @kello_511
    Also the generic “any galactic republic fleet commander” part...there is a huge difference between the 2 GR commanders and their ships (arguably one is the best and the other is the worst fleet commander), so it stands to reason that Mace will need to be much stronger than GK for his command ship to stand a chance in the event. Otherwise the next iteration of the event will just be a “hit auto” with GKs ship in there.

No. It doesn't stand to reason. P1 of an event is always a "hit auto" phase. What made the Revan events different (and cool) was that they gave you a chance to access lore and play with the abilities of the borrowed event toon to help you learn to use the borrowed toon more effectively in later stages.

I have no problem making this prediction: If you qualify for p1, and you actually try to beat p1, you'll beat p1. No exceptions.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    MntMan wrote: »
    OK. Said by quite a few, but my two cents. I have been playing for no idea how long, but call it 2? 3 years? Not going to get him my first pass and I have no problem with that. I haven't made a first pass open for some time now, back maybe when Palp first came out.

To me the first pass privilege belongs to two groups;

1) P2P - Hey these are for you guys/gals. No issues with it. You fund the game you should enjoy the advantages of early access.

2) The meticulous F2P - Here is where I agree and disagree with the OP because I don't think it is your average F2P player so calling it a F2P event, while technically true, is a bit disingenuous.

The existence of this topic is a reaction to the common viewpoints like this:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215362/shocker-another-event-solely-for-whales#latest

I doubt anyone is either saying it's easy for f2p to be ready for this event or that majority of f2p will make it. Given that the reality is somewhere in between, I find that hyperbole that skips a plethora of things that starts with f2p and goes upto the whales and calls every single new thing "for whales" much more disingenuous.
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Krynn007 wrote: »
    I'm totally 100% f2p and am ready

I don't see how many others are not
    Everything that is required basically has use elsewhere in the game, and unless you been sitting under a rock, I don't see how people haven't worked on them yet
    At least veteran players

Your smugness is palpable. Allow me to cheer for you.

In all seriousness I'm not surprised some people are ready, but I'm also not surprised most will not be and neither should you. This is a snowballed effect that started some time back. If you made the right choices to prepare and be ready for JKR, then chances are DR was a bit easier followed by Malak. Not saying you didn't work hard, but more saying that if you started off on the wrong foot a few events back unless you're dropping some quid it's tough to catch up. (This is where you tell me you've done it of course. The internet never lacks pros, but anyways)

Again I won't get it this time and it doesn't phase me at all, and it really shouldn't phase either the non-spender or those who are not great/disciplined planners or otherwise just plain lucky, but more credit should be given the planners as opposed to attributing it to only luck. This isn't a job for me. It's allegedly fun (though content is a questionable discussion for another thread) so to me being super disciplined isn't what I'm shooting for. Some people find enjoyment in it though so to each their own. Mildly competitive is good enough and I'd guess the majority of players actually fall into this same group, though they wish they were in another when events like this drop.

So while F2P for sure this continues t snowball into a P2P opportunity unless a long time back you started doing things right and have stayed on path. P2P should truthfully be the corrective action and it is, which I think is what the OP is essentially saying without realizing it. The problem is most people now that are F2P would need to P2P to catch up on the events while some still obviously do not need to, but I think they'd be the majority.

Also just for fun did anyone else notice that before the power requirement was 16,500 and I think in Geo TB it is as well (maybe later phases are higher I forget) and now it's at 17,700 so even if you were ready gear wise based on prior requirements you still need to gear, all of which was commented that for the gear crunch as the power creeps it would be made easier to come up to a higher plane (not top level), but now with power creep requirements rising that still hasn't been done. Figured I'd give teh ole pot a stir on that one. Have fun.
  • Free to Play, but also not.

Yes you can farm all those for free, and eventually gear them and relic them for free. But 7* and 17.7k is probably not free to play when general Anakin rolls into town.

If CG introduces the thing where the event is unlocked as soon as you hit the requirements then it would skew it more towards free to play. Missing the meta for 3 months is really lame.
  • @Robomechazoid
    Missing the meta for 3 months is really lame.

And you've never been behind the meta before?

a) Congratulations, and
    b) how can you possibly be behind now, if you got every previous event toon on the first pass?
  • It's somewhat f2p friendly for competitive vets who follow the meta. Pretty unachievable for new players with normal sized wallets. Fair enough.

@Ultra off topic but that's a cute pic of rey!

• No character is purchase only. Not unless this event only runs once ever.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • @kello_511
    Also the generic “any galactic republic fleet commander” part...there is a huge difference between the 2 GR commanders and their ships (arguably one is the best and the other is the worst fleet commander), so it stands to reason that Mace will need to be much stronger than GK for his command ship to stand a chance in the event. Otherwise the next iteration of the event will just be a “hit auto” with GKs ship in there.

No. It doesn't stand to reason. P1 of an event is always a "hit auto" phase. What made the Revan events different (and cool) was that they gave you a chance to access lore and play with the abilities of the borrowed event toon to help you learn to use the borrowed toon more effectively in later stages.

I have no problem making this prediction: If you qualify for p1, and you actually try to beat p1, you'll beat p1. No exceptions.

Sure, maybe you’re right. I even hop so.
    But allow me to leave my prediction here as well.

Keeping in mind:
    1. This event is unique in that a totally separate team is needed for each phase.
    2. The entrance requirements are easily achievable for long time/end game players.
    3. The toons that most players have high level relic sport on (Anakin and GG) are suspiciously missing.
    4. The only available GR commander is Mace, who is also the weakest command ship in game - with a pilot who has never been anywhere near meta.

I’m betting that:

-EVERY phase will be difficult
    -the entrance requirements are lower than what is achievable to complete
    -relics will be required for most phases, if not all of them
    -the low entry requirements are meant to lull people into a false sense of security (“oh, I’m already there so I don’t need to prepare any more”)
    -there will be a short time frame for the event so that no one has time to recover once they realize that their g12 toons aren’t ready - and no time for a low gear strategy to “make the rounds”
    -relic packs will make a return along with gear packs

Call me skeptical but I just don’t believe that this event will be “this easy” for end game players to just walk-through without spending some resources on it. If these min. requirements are all that is needed, there is very limited monetization opportunity (as many others have pointed out). It just doesn’t make sense to me, nor does it fit in with their typical MO.
  • It’s totally f2p. I made it and I haven’t paid for my people. I saved crystals and bought shaak ti with them. If you watch ahnalds channel he has been pretty much calling this for months.
  • @Robomechazoid
    Missing the meta for 3 months is really lame.

And you've never been behind the meta before?

a) Congratulations, and
    b) how can you possibly be behind now, if you got every previous event toon on the first pass?

a) thanks
    b) I've been behind the CLS and also slightly thrawn, meta. After that never.

How about you?
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    This whole game is F2P ,Tell me 1 Character that ONLY people HAVE that spent money? Theres none if you stop buying your sodas and candy or Beer or whatever and spend your money here you would have what you need for this event.If your a long time player,If not get it next time like I will been playing for 4 yrs now almost there, but will not spend money got to have my Orange Juice In The morning.stop following the meta and have FUn ,you have 6 montys to get these characters needed to gear 13 start now and you will be there next time around..bunch of cry BABIEs that farmed the wrong stuff.
  • @Robomechazoid

I started the game in early 2016, but took a 6 month break along the way. As a result I missed the marquee release of Nihilus, the first legendary event for Palp, and the introduction of ships & zetas. That put me way behind the Nihilus meta and man did that s u cc.

I've done fairly well catching up since, and I did get CLS and JTR on the first pass, but the vast, vast majority of legendary and Hero's Journey toons I got on the 2nd pass (Including JKR, DR, and Malak). I've been playing consistently for long enough that I thought I was finally going to the head of the line again, but nope. When I took a break was also an important time for clones, but hen the meta passed them by. So I never geared the up, and when preparing for this event I had to choose between Sep Droids and Clones/501st. I chose wrong. I've got everything at 7* and far above GP level except Grievous' back-up singers. They're all 7* too, of course, but only B1 is at 17,,700, and while I could move one of B2/Droideka/IG-100 from g8 up to 17,700 in time, I can't go g8 =>g11 for all 3 in just a week.

So, it's 2nd pass on GAS for me as well. one of these days I'll be ahead of the meta again. Not this time.
  • If the recommended G13 with relic 3 is needed to beat it I won’t really call it a ftp event at all

• No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    If the recommended G13 with relic 3 is needed to beat it I won’t really call it a ftp event at all

That would be a first time reccomended is the needed. Quite unlikely to happen. I expect -some- relic toons to be needed and it's where it matters the most in each team.
  • When something is free to play...everyone gets the free item.

Is this event free to play??? Yes and no!!

Those who hoard crystals from both arenas and refreshes shaak ti nodes a lot will be ready.

Those like myself that didn’t refresh her node every day will either have to pay a couple hundred or wait til later.

OP you stand tall on your soapbox screaming from a high Giving your thoughts and opinions as if everyone plays this game the same and they don’t.

Choices and consequences affect us all.

It’s only free to play if you refreshed Shaak Ti weeks ago....and we all know how dumb the drop rate is. Some days I went 0/5.

This event time line was designed to milk money from those who a missing it by not a lot.

Think of it this way everyone: if Shaak ti was released last week and the event requires her to be 7*G13.....would you still consider the event free to play???

Not everyone has the luxury of farming a specific toon the day it’s released because god knows....CG throws so much collection crap at us that they are making millions in revenue.

The answer isn’t Yes or No.....the answer is “Yes & No!!!!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    When something is free to play...everyone gets the free item.

Is this event free to play??? Yes and no!!

Those who hoard crystals from both arenas and refreshes shaak ti nodes a lot will be ready.

Those like myself that didn’t refresh her node every day will either have to pay a couple hundred or wait til later.

OP you stand tall on your soapbox screaming from a high Giving your thoughts and opinions as if everyone plays this game the same and they don’t.

Choices and consequences affect us all.

It’s only free to play if you refreshed Shaak Ti weeks ago....and we all know how dumb the drop rate is. Some days I went 0/5.

This event time line was designed to milk money from those who a missing it by not a lot.

Think of it this way everyone: if Shaak ti was released last week and the event requires her to be 7*G13.....would you still consider the event free to play???

Not everyone has the luxury of farming a specific toon the day it’s released because god knows....CG throws so much collection crap at us that they are making millions in revenue.

The answer isn’t Yes or No.....the answer is “Yes & No!!!!

Do we all know how dumb the drop rate is? Seems we don't.

Op never claimed all f2p are gonna get it, neither did a single poster in this topic or any topic I've read yet.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    K331 wrote: »
    This whole game is F2P ,Tell me 1 Character that ONLY people HAVE that spent money? Theres none if you stop buying your sodas and candy or Beer or whatever and spend your money here you would have what you need for this event.If your a long time player,If not get it next time like I will been playing for 4 yrs now almost there, but will not spend money got to have my Orange Juice In The morning.stop following the meta and have FUn ,you have 6 montys to get these characters needed to gear 13 start now and you will be there next time around..bunch of cry BABIEs that farmed the wrong stuff.

Actually if you start the game today you can't have Anakin before the game servers shut down. You must pay.

You seem to forget the most important factor in all of this. Although all characters are eventually f2p, the few months where they dominate the meta (aka apply the pay to win status) are also the reason for these complaints. Being unable to climb for your payout, thus slaughtering your crystal income, is basically the problem here.

I'm not so much concerned about general Anakin, I'm concerned about my payout and my payout alone. And of course implications with grand arena.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    JZ95 wrote: »
    K331 wrote: »

Actually if you start the game today you can't have Anakin before the game servers shut down. You must pay.

You seem to forget the most important factor in all of this. Although all characters are eventually f2p, the few months where they dominate the meta (aka apply the pay to win status) are also the reason for these complaints. Being unable to climb for your payout, thus slaughtering your crystal income, is basically the problem here.

I'm not so much concerned about general Anakin, I'm concerned about my payout and my payout alone. And of course implications with grand arena.

Everyone else is also only interrested in their payout and GAC. It's not just a reason to hate on the event, but also to love the event.
    It sucks if you can't reach top ranks anymore because others unlocked Ani and you didn't, but it also sucks if everyone and their uncle is able to unlock Ani and you lose your competative advantage because of that. Ideally you want to unlock Ani yourself, but you don't want many others to do the same.
    It's all self interrest.
    Save water, drink champagne!