Requirements getting more and more outrageous

There will be no one left playing this game. It's as if CG is purposely trying to get everyone to quit the game. Ship required for characters now? High gear level requirements for characters AND ships?Characters that require entire teams to unlock that are then used to unlock General Skywalker? Instead of new content they give us this cash shop grab nonsense. Great job especially after introducing relics aka gear levels 14-20+. It could have had modest requirements but obviously CG doesn't care about anyone but whales who will buy whatever requirements these new characters have. Things aren't getting better they are getting worse. Power level requirements are gonna be the new basis for unlocking these characters and eventually they will require relic lvl 7 characters to unlock just wait and see.

Replies

• TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Your dad has :alot: of money, ask him for some to get this done.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Not even jj could save this doomed game!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I feel like such a whale for having a 7* C3PO. Outrageous requirements indeed.
  • I don’t think anyone from CG reads these feedback posts, I mean they keep them buried on the forum, certainly off of the general comments page so nobody will see them.

That said, I agree that the game is sliding in a bad direction for F2P. They are counting on enough whales continuing to spend, but they are making the gap between F2P and P2P so expansive it is rapidly become non-fun to play.

And the effect is exponential. For example, in the past week I have gone from top 500 in SA to 500-1000 thanks to a proliferation of relics. As my arena rankings (in all arenas) fall, my rewards returns diminish, which means I am constantly falling farther behind. It’s not fun to log everyday and get your brains beat out in in arena, see your rank drop, see your rewards get smaller.

New F2P players are so far behind the 8-ball they will never catch up unless they win the lottery and assign winnings payments directly to CG.

I think these mobile game devs are operating on a flawed business model, one that says mobile games have a limited shelf life. That may be true for the average game, but not for IP like Star Wars. Star Wars is 40+ years old and not going away anytime soon. This game could be like that if CG planned for the long term instead of trying to make as much money as possible before the game dies on X date. That approach becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But then again, what do I know?

As I said, I doubt anyone at CG will read this, so I’m just chucking a pebble into the Grand Canyon here, but I felt it needed to be said. If I posted this on the Gen Comments page, I’d probably get banned; I hope its ok to post feedback in the feedback section...
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • ToLive
    106 posts Member
    Wow, new "Prophet of game dying"...
    The game should be fun for all types of players. New f2p are all in same boat, nobody starts with Malak in inventory.
    New events become more complicated but maybe they will be fun for old player.

People crying when arena became one-squaded. Now with relics it is much more diverse and people start crying again.

:/
  • ToLive wrote: »
    Wow, new "Prophet of game dying"...
    The game should be fun for all types of players. New f2p are all in same boat, nobody starts with Malak in inventory.
    New events become more complicated but maybe they will be fun for old player.

People crying when arena became one-squaded. Now with relics it is much more diverse and people start crying again.

:/

Saying people are “crying” because they are providing feedback on a negative game experience doesn’t help anything, it just makes you look incapable of seeing anything from anyone else’s perspective.

And regardless of whether you want to dismiss it as crying, the results are tangible.

I’ve been playing nearly 2 years, and I’d call myself a minnow, as I’ve spent just a little money. I’m a recreational player, my GP is 2.8m. I am in a well organized coalition of guilds that holds players accountable for participation requirements, and we are currently downsizing and restructuring our guilds because so many of our players have left in the last few weeks. One of the founders described this as “apocalyptic times” in the game, as we are shuffling players and officers in order to maintain full, competitive guilds.

So if you call that crying, great. I’m just trying to provide feedback about what I am experiencing. I suppose sine it’s not all roses and you dont have the same experience, I just shouldn’t say anything?

Heaven forbid there a diversity of opinions and experiences on the internet these days lest we result to personally attacking people.

• And FWIW, dismissive personal attacks on people providing their gameplay experience on the official SWGOH feedback forum only adds another negative feeling associated with the game.

“Hey, lets get super involved with the SWGOH community. It’s great to go on there and get personally attacked and marginalized if your views differ from anyone else’s.”
  • ToLive
    106 posts Member
    Heaven forbid there a diversity of opinions and experiences on the internet these days lest we result to personally attacking people.

Easy man, my post was about topic starter message. This messages like "There will be no one left playing this game." looks like prophet's nonsense for me.

So let the steam out I don't want attack you in any ways.

I read this forum for more than a year and I see such threads every day.

• ToLive
    106 posts Member
    CG are not fools, and they monitor how many players left the game. And how many joins or rejoin.
    It is life and nobody(almost nobody) will play this game forever. 3m+ roaster mean 1.5+ years playing. I think it very good result for mobile game.
  • ToLive
    106 posts Member
    And as see some player need a reason to left the game. New event is a good one :)
  • Don't worry about the game dying. No one ever really dies, right? Right?!?
    2zzUHff.gif