Really? Ships?

Replies

• I only had to gear up Mace (GL10) to bring Endurance above 40k.

It is not a hard requirement if you have focused on ships and pilots throughout the game. If you didn't, perhaps this event and its reward is not for you. Out of all of the ships available, 31 of mine are above 40k, and only 2 are below 30k power (Negotiator @ 0 and Vulture @ 24k). I welcome any ship requirements in any and all future events. I'm ready.

Now, those droids needed for the last tier is another issue. We all have our own bottlenecks.
  • groovdog wrote: »
    Adamklark wrote: »
    honestly I didn't expect this. I started to gear up clones. for no reason it seems. oh well should I say I'm not even surprised EA comes up with the most random things to make walls?

New player approaching 11 months and I will have at least 5 gr ships ready and a 40k+negotiator. Of course will miss shak due to only 2 refreshes and 5 star c3p0 but neglect ship at your own risk. Been #1 in fleet for 10 of those 11 months at 400 crystals and 1800 fleet shards a day 😉

And to guy abov me I agree. This is an event that is hard for newer players due to diversity.

I’m calling complete ****.

No way a new player is in a guild that is hitting enough GP to have a 7* negotiator 40k+. If you are then either your guild is carrying you or you’re spending massively to have enough GP.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    As a person who enjoys ships, I am alright with them requiring it for this event because it provides an additional reason to actually use them. With only two legendary events, one heist type event, and the standard TW/TB stuff there has been little to do with them in the game. Maybe this is a sign that they will actually start putting out more ship based content.

I won't be getting Skywalker this around due to not having Shaak Ti/Droids at high enough levels and thats okay. I will learn from others what the optimal investment is for the event and work towards that.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited October 2019
    People have been asking for more ships inclusion such as raids

Well, ships are now being included in raids, events, other things (in the cards so to speak)

The lesson is don’t wish for things you don’t want once you get it
  • Ok listen... I play this game since 1,5 year. I have 2.8m GP and I think thats kind of high for this time. I'm really invested in the game, plan everything, participate on everything that brings me forward, I'm #1 in both arenas every day AND I have 0 chance to get this event! So the conclusion is, ether you play this game since the beginning or you are the one that cant participate the events if its not just by pure exident. AND that sucks. That, in my humble oppinion, will destroy the game because only a group of players can play the game completly and therefor enjoy the game completly. And that in a time where more and more players leave the game for the poor choises that the devs make and newer players are just screwed. This would have possibly been a event that breaks this cycle, but they screwed up. AGAIN!

+1. They just keep giving stuff to year 1 players. Most of the rest of us are stuck behind a massive gear/ship wall.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    honestly I didn't expect this. I started to gear up clones. for no reason it seems. oh well should I say I'm not even surprised EA comes up with the most random things to make walls?

General Skywalker would be pretty pointless without Clones so there's no gearing waste there. But how on Earth are these "random" requirement?. General Kenobi, Padme, 3PO and Ahsoka are random? His wife, his Jedi Master, his Padawan and the droid he built are "random" connections to General Skywalker? Lmao. Fighting AV and Sep droids? AV was his main nemesis throughout the Clone Wars...he spent the whole war fighting Sep droids. His own ship along with a GR fleet? His own ship being a requirement is "random"? Shaak Ti is really the only one without a strong connection to Anakin but everyone expected her to be part of things since she's the newest character and therefore the most likely to create panic farming...so while her connection to Anakin might be a little thin, her use in the event is certainly not "random". Might need to go back and re-think the meaning of the word "random", lol.
  • This is fine. Better than fine. It's far past time when ships were actually a useful part of the game. I still hate them, though. Whatever.
  • This is really a complaint? Jka, ahsoka, fives, and rex all should have been worked on in preparation for LSGTB. Clone sgt is the same. Why wouldn't someone have put in the work on their ships as well for those ship battles. Even if your guild still runs Hoth you would have characters prepped to help your guild. 40k requirement is easy to hit with moderate work on the pilot and near maxing the ship abilities or some combination of both. Same with mace/endurance. Unless you're a mid-low range GP player or new there's no viable excuse to not be able to meet the requirements for tier 1.
  • This forum is so predictable. Whenever CG does X, it doesn't take many hours before there's a thread going "Really? X?".

Anyway, I've never focused much on ships, and despite of this, the first tier is the one tier I might actually be ready for. The ships have been easy to acquire for a while, and after the Ahsoka and clone reworks, we've known that we better gear them up.
  • Holy great walls of text.

Ships are probably where I'm going to fall down if anywhere, but I'm ok with it. Aside from the fact that the ship meta has been the same since 1999 i think ships are a great addition to this game that should get more attention.
  • GR ships have been around for so long now. Ignoring Negotiator which nobody has (mathematically impossible), Eta-2 was the latest and that was 10 months ago.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    To be fair, the game launched almost 4 years ago This will be the first time in that span that ships of any kind have ever been required to unlock a character.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Let's assume you've been playing a fair amount of time. If you're a new player, you shouldn't expect end game content ftp.

But if you've played for any considerable amount of time and done tge challenges consistently, you have more than enough materials laying around to finish them.

I didn't have endurance maxed because it isn't good. But I had 3000 prestige laying around even after taking negotiator's abilities as high as you can at 5 star. So no problem there. And getting it above 40k is just a matter of gearing mace. I took mine to g11 because he should be getting a rework soon and will be needed for tb.

Fives and asoka were good reinforcements before the falcoln meta for tl fleets. So they have been good choices to put gear on in the past. And we have known clone wars era content was coming and ls tb would need ships for a few months. Even if you neglected gr ships until that news came, you should have them above 40k by now.

So it's not like it's a surprise that you may need content from the era they are focusing on.
  • Ok listen... I play this game since 1,5 year. I have 2.8m GP and I think thats kind of high for this time. I'm really invested in the game, plan everything, participate on everything that brings me forward, I'm #1 in both arenas every day AND I have 0 chance to get this event! So the conclusion is, ether you play this game since the beginning or you are the one that cant participate the events if its not just by pure exident. AND that sucks. That, in my humble oppinion, will destroy the game because only a group of players can play the game completly and therefor enjoy the game completly. And that in a time where more and more players leave the game for the poor choises that the devs make and newer players are just screwed. This would have possibly been a event that breaks this cycle, but they screwed up. AGAIN!

So what? I am in game for 3 years and still have zero chances of participating in this event due to Shaak Ti and... Magnaguard 😂😂😂It is all about money: if you whale you toon - you pass, overwise ****. There is no planning in this “game”. You just can crystal and stuff stockpile to get some new toon. That’s it
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Ok listen... I play this game since 1,5 year. I have 2.8m GP and I think thats kind of high for this time. I'm really invested in the game, plan everything, participate on everything that brings me forward, I'm #1 in both arenas every day AND I have 0 chance to get this event! So the conclusion is, ether you play this game since the beginning or you are the one that cant participate the events if its not just by pure exident. AND that sucks. That, in my humble oppinion, will destroy the game because only a group of players can play the game completly and therefor enjoy the game completly. And that in a time where more and more players leave the game for the poor choises that the devs make and newer players are just screwed. This would have possibly been a event that breaks this cycle, but they screwed up. AGAIN!

So what? I am in game for 3 years and still have zero chances of participating in this event due to Shaak Ti and... Magnaguard 😂😂😂It is all about money: if you whale you toon - you pass, overwise ****. There is no planning in this “game”. You just can crystal and stuff stockpile to get some new toon. That’s it
    Stockpilling and spending it at the right time is planning.

Magnaguard is not even moderate spending content. Shaak Ti is the only requirement that can only be met by having hoarded some crystals in time or spending. Although, being the only marquee character released in the recent months (aside from a ship), it was to be expected that she'll have some importance. She even appeared in the weekly shipments 3 or 4 times, couldn't have been any more obvious.
    Ok listen... I play this game since 1,5 year. I have 2.8m GP and I think thats kind of high for this time. I'm really invested in the game, plan everything, participate on everything that brings me forward, I'm #1 in both arenas every day AND I have 0 chance to get this event! So the conclusion is, ether you play this game since the beginning or you are the one that cant participate the events if its not just by pure exident. AND that sucks. That, in my humble oppinion, will destroy the game because only a group of players can play the game completly and therefor enjoy the game completly. And that in a time where more and more players leave the game for the poor choises that the devs make and newer players are just screwed. This would have possibly been a event that breaks this cycle, but they screwed up. AGAIN!

Magnaguard is not even moderate spending content. Shaak Ti is the only requirement that can only be met by having hoarded some crystals in time or spending. Although, being the only marquee character released in the recent months (aside from a ship), it was to be expected that she'll have some importance. She even appeared in the weekly shipments 3 or 4 times, couldn't have been any more obvious.

Actually stockpiling is not a planing. Just saving. No plans or anticipation except to buy something one of these days. It is not a plan at all. Strategy - yes, planning - no.
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Actually stockpiling is not a planing. Just saving. No plans or anticipation except to buy something one of these days. It is not a plan at all. Strategy - yes, planning - no.
    How would you personally plan for new content with the existing game mechanics?
  • Anakin was one of the best pilots in the galaxy. ship battles are prominent in the star wars films. fleet arena rewards for 1st place is 400 crystals, so, A LOT. this game, and its lore, is a lot more ship-oriented than you'd like, ok, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't do what they did. it makes sense, and if you didn't farm/gear the ships/pilots it is your fault only. i don't even like the GR, but i saw the necessity and the future use and farmed them. i just got the negotiator and noone has it at 6* probably yet, let alone 7* so stop complaining, we will all use the Endurance, so that event is tailored for that (or it should be)
  • Can someone confirm which figure on a ships display is the figure we should be looking at for the 40k GP requirement? Thought it was the top one which would be ok but YouTube video by Ahnold says it is the crew power number which is on the left near the toons pic??? If it is that number then it is near on impossible to get all above 40k.

dude, r7 maxed anakin is 43k crew power, dont be insane. they mean ship power. that's easy. my rex's arc is 6* and it's 46k, come on..

How would you personally plan for new content with the existing game mechanics?

Exactly! You cannot. That’s why it is not a planning... “game”.
    In games, there are characters you really plan to develop. They exists when you start to play. You choose who you rise first and when. SWGOH was like that before. Unfortunately, no new toons outperform old ones by light years. So, planning is lost: you cannot plan your future teams. There was post of some whale recently when relics were introduced: even they frustrated as they do not know who to level.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Today I redownloaded Swtor.

I love Star Wars. But Galaxy of heroes has changed so much that I don’t find it fun anymore.

I rather roam around in an open virtual world and have fun then to just push some touch screen buttons and hope for good rng on a stupid mobile phone.

This game has ruined any turn based games I’ll play in the future. From now on I’m avoiding games like this like the plague
  • Vasu
    27 posts Member
    How can you not have the GR ships ready? Been farmable for ages and the pilots are actually very solid toons now.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    JDIII wrote: »
    Saying ships was in the q & a last week don’t actually help your guys case, you realize this right? Since when, in the history of swgoh, has someone farmed a character or ship and had them finished in a week or even 2...nobody unless they paid. Having said that, this event is not meant for everyone to complete it the first time around and players have to accept that!

I know, right? They only gave us 2 weeks to farm Clone Sgt's ship!

Seriously, what are you even talking about. The only farm that couldn't have been done easily by *anyone* at this point is Shark Tea. And anyone who is paying attention knows a new toon is likely to be needed at some point. And there's barely been any new ones lately. This was a slam dunk for anyone thinking ahead.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    To be fair, the game launched almost 4 years ago This will be the first time in that span that ships of any kind have ever been required to unlock a character.

Things are constantly changing in this game and it's always foolish to rely on past precedent.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

It's a plan to save up and spend only when it becomes needed on what turns out to be needed. That is absolutely a plan.
  • I mean I pretty much have every toon that is required ready exept Shaak Ti and that **** me anyway but... GR SHIPS??? "At least 3 other GR Shipps at 7* and 40k" Who has those? Sure there are some that have Anakins Ship and Ahsokas and maybe even Five's/Rex's at 7*, but at least means pretty much If you dont have the Negotiator at 7* 40k (and who has that?) then you will need all the others at 7* 40k too... Who has that? In a game where you have to think twice where to spend your recources, who geared this toons/ships up to that level?

I think a bigger worry for this event, is how difficult and how time consuming will this limited time event be for these minimum requirements?

Will it be an RNG fest or even doable with these requirements?
  • Some of these comments :D. I think what people are annoyed about is that there are many different group of players krakens, whales dolphins FTP. There are whales and kraken I’ve spoke to and no issue. Then the group of baby whales/dolphins who spend big but usually only on big events or meta defining that run lean rosters that are going to be excluded from the event. Ships have never been required before and the ships that have been put down to be used have never been useful before. C3PO seemed like his use was lower and now suddenly needed at 7 star. Yet not really linked to General Anakin/clones but might be wrong. I think making an event which is not whale / spend friendly is very questionable when that is effectively there business model. I think the other problem is that group of baby whales / dolphins have a set budget of 2-400 dollars where as this event has left in some cases likely people won’t even be able to enter / more like 800 dollars in the case of if your ships are nowhere near ready.

That the problem of this game : all old player who leave the game can't be replace by new player.

A new player will see that he can't join end game content before at 2 years in the best case...
    All new player know in the last year leave the before reach lvl85 because the step to end game is toooooooo loooooooonnnnnnnggggg... and making 100$ in game will not help to gain a lot of time...