General Rip Off

Prev1
Thank you for introducing the General Rip Off event. A great move to require now C3PO (+5 ewoks), Padme (+5 Sepps including GG or 5 Genosians) and like 10 additional characters.

Thats 25 ships/characters all-together for one single character. G12...thats rubbish.

And let's not forget we do need droids, because well...because one of the sides need to buy for 1000 Euro right? And for what to require the full 501 clone team...of course not we don't need his own team.
Ridiculous event, rip off and in the end no real content in the end. This game is stale on content and all what is introduced is just more gear grind nothing else.

And the best thing of all - no Ani...makes absolutely Zero sense

The only thing this type of event is doing - the amount of customers get less. Thats the truth. This game only lives because of the SW franchise, else it would be a dead cat already long ago. Last raid is nearly 2 years old. The GAC is a fail in all aspects be it matchmaking or pts system and we dont even talk about the cheating. The TBs are celebrated like its 5 years work created.

My 2cp

Replies

• I didn’t actually read half the post, sorry. But I totally agree with the 501st clones part. If it is a team where GS is leading the 501st - which it is stated he will be - then the 501st clones should be involved in the event.
  • Lachie_1 wrote: »
    I didn’t actually read half the post, sorry. But I totally agree with the 501st clones part. If it is a team where GS is leading the 501st - which it is stated he will be - then the 501st clones should be involved in the event.

They could be used in tier 3.
  • They should have stopped all game development 2 years ago because of this post
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'm not laughing at your expense, but i do think it's funny how different we view things. Imo both padme and 3po are freebees since "everyone" already has them unlocked and geared due to being rather powerfull/usefull event characters themselves.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Same as @leef says, padme and 3po should be freebies by now.. the toons to get padme are also used in this event, free crossover, sep droids are on everyone’s list because of geo Tb, so the only real stumbling block is shak ti..

I won’t get him till second time around as I’m behind on the droids and shak ti, but I’m not ranting about it..you don’t get the new shiny stuff unless your lucky or whaling. Just hold your breath and wait till the next time around, not the end of the world.
  • They should have stopped all game development 2 years ago because of this post

Lmao :D

To be honest, this event isn’t going to be that bad for a lot of long term players, especially the focused ones. C-3PO has been top tier for a while, same with Grievous and the droids they reworked/added. If you have them you most likely have Padmé and are at least working on her squad, and if you have Revan, you most likely at least have Kenobi.The most common walls here (I think, anyway) are Shaak Ti and Anakin’s ship.

Will more people get Anakin than the first time Malak came? I’m not sure, my guess is no, but his second time around is going to see a lot of unlocks, I can promise you that.

Look at it this way: for the last Epic Confrontation, you needed 2 Ancient Journey characters and their teams, including side characters from their events with little synergy (who aren’t as good as GR, Sep droids, or 3PO). This one requires, at minimum, Sep droids, no Grievous which is actually nice for a lot of new players, Padmé and her team (1 Legendary), C-3PO (2 Legendaries) and, unfortunately, Ewoks. They’re pretty bad, but then again most teams that body Ewoks can body Old Republic, too.

TL;DR
    The characters aren’t that bad for long term players, and even for new players you can probably farm these requirements quicker than Malak’s.
  • Lachie_1 wrote: »
    I didn’t actually read half the post, sorry. But I totally agree with the 501st clones part. If it is a team where GS is leading the 501st - which it is stated he will be - then the 501st clones should be involved in the event.

I made a post about that
    This is... SPARTAAAAAAA
  • X3ina
    108 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    Literally, Shaak Ti should be the only challenging part of the requirements for players at this point. Many of them (Anakins ship, separatist droids, GR ships) should have been on players radar since the announcement of the Negotiator and Geonosian TBs.

For me its Shaak Ti and credits 😞
  • I haven’t seen his kit but I’m leaning towards not worth it. Do all that work and you still need to get him to gear 13 relic 7. I’ll keep working on relics for core players that never go out of style. Like Han, Thrawn and the others that find a way to sneak into the meta time and time again.
  • Not only are the most chars very f2p friendly.
    For Padme you need (most of the time) GG and Droids
    So by needing Padme and the Droids you are needing 2 times just the Droids.
    i understand the hate for the ship-part because a lot of players dont even look at them.
    And I see every point against Shaak.
    BUT:
    Every Char you need is or at least was a very good member of a team you get great benefit from in GAC and TW. And maybe even TB
  • Be interesting to see what synergies general Skywalker has.
    Ani ship and shaak ti both farmed of fleet energy along with most of the g12>13 kit. That's a thin spread if you're (like me) hovering mid stars on those.
    If gensky has 501 leadership synergy better than shaak ti, that's gonna make shaak feel like a bit of a waste (unless new clones come in....).
    Also not sure how many 7* negotiator out there. Maybe this will push more demand for a windu/endurance tweak?

I'm way off this. I'm a small dolphin, but 6*gk, 5*shaak ti, no padme, no C3PO, no SEP droids to mean anything.
    But...it is nice that you don't need to farm toons that will go unused elsewhere...ewoks, vets, farm boy, carth...love the toons they unlock but sit on shelf afterwards. Better to get more utility from the already sought after toons
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    i understand the hate for the ship-part because a lot of players dont even look at them.

Also, it's worth keeping in mind that the "hate for the ship part" also might have something to do with the fact that this is the first character event in the almost 4 years of the game that has had any ship requirements.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I haven’t seen his kit but I’m leaning towards not worth it. Do all that work and you still need to get him to gear 13 relic 7. I’ll keep working on relics for core players that never go out of style. Like Han, Thrawn and the others that find a way to sneak into the meta time and time again.

How did that work out for the Malak meta?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I haven’t seen his kit but I’m leaning towards not worth it. Do all that work and you still need to get him to gear 13 relic 7. I’ll keep working on relics for core players that never go out of style. Like Han, Thrawn and the others that find a way to sneak into the meta time and time again.

Honestly, I would be surprised if this was anything like Malak. This is way to f2p friendly and there is a new movie coming out in 2 months. This feels more like the easy bait to drain hoarders before the "real" meta-shift character drops. Maybe I'm wrong. But it just feels to easy and too obvious.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Honestly, I would be surprised if this was anything like Malak. This is way to f2p friendly and there is a new movie coming out in 2 months. This feels more like the easy bait to drain hoarders before the "real" meta-shift character drops. Maybe I'm wrong. But it just feels to easy and too obvious.
    If it's so easy how can it drain resources that you can't recover in two months?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

If it's so easy how can it drain resources that you can't recover in two months?

Because f2p hoarders can't replenish 10-15k crystals/gear that fast?

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Of course they can. 60 days x 500 crystals/day = 30,000 crystals.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I understand how math works. Many f2p hoarders can't pocket 500 crystals/day. You'll insist they can. Agree to disagree.

• This event is really easy for old players but for new players ..... ??? $$$$
  • To me its the gear that is the real screw job here, the gear crunch is brutal as everyone knows, and that is a lot of G12's required for just one event
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    To me its the gear that is the real screw job here, the gear crunch is brutal as everyone knows, and that is a lot of G12's required for just one event

Ironically, it's only the Eta-2 that's holding me up. Honestly, the fact that they would require a ship for character unlock never occurred to me - especially since they've never done it before.
    But needing 170 shards to 7 star it (even though it's already 60k power lol) isn't worth the 6k crystals I have. I'll wait for the second time around.

• Why to call the event "Clash on Kamino"? Lets call it "Cash on Kamino"! :D
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I understand how math works. Many f2p hoarders can't pocket 500 crystals/day. You'll insist they can. Agree to disagree.

Your point was that a meta toon would be short lived, right? 2 months. A meta toon will allow you to bank 500 crystals a day (minus any you have to give up to share a payout hour of course). So hoarders (like me) will spend their hoarded resources to get the new meta, then spend the next two months building it back up. Exactly what I did with Malak.
  • Calculate which resources you require for all those 22+ characters than your 30k xtals will be nothing.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Calculate which resources you require for all those 22+ characters than your 30k xtals will be nothing.

Well this is part of it. The needs for this event are so numerous, that for many it's unattainable unless they have 30k+ crystals banked. The other part presumes that General Anakin will be meta...which I don't believe he will. At least not in the same dominating way (even for 2 months) that Malak was. I could be wrong.

But once we see his kit, it should become clear if he is a counter to the Revan Rock, Padme Paper or Seppy Scissors - or his simply going to crush all three (like Malak before?). That would be an odd choice, since CG stated that their goal was to move toward a rock/paper/scissors meta.

Hence my guess that, at best, he will be a pseudo replacement for one of the 3 in the meta (or even a fourth that counters one or two of the others) as well as a GAC help and a LS TB boost. At worst, he's a resource drain prior to the real meta-change dropping in December with the new movie.

• Yeah the ships are the other screw job, especially the cap ship, where most will need Mace, and Mace's ship and toon are total junk, like many I REALLY don't want to invest in him, or his ship

I have to agree with Nikom's general sediment here, that this is a grab right before an even bigger grab comes with Ep9.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

I agree, think Chewbacca.

Because f2p hoarders can't replenish 10-15k crystals/gear that fast?

This.. and Stun Guns!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Every event is gated somehow.

For most new events, it's by newly released characters who are either required or make the event much easier. For some events, it's an obscure faction that was of little relevance until now. For some it's gear on units you probably already have.

For this? They're going for breadth. And that is not an unreasonable gate. Particularly since that list has no bad units on it, and it's all stuff that's been pretty relevant for the theme of this six month block. The droids have been a super high profile team. 3PO and Padme are two of the best units in the game. GR ships are probably the next meta, and several of the pilots are clones, who are probably gonna be a big deal in LSTB. Shaak Troopers throws down at a meta level. Asajj is one of the best units in almost every game mode and has been ever since Mama T came to the game. And there's really only one panic farm in there. Shaak Ti. Every investment you make for this event will hold value. The most questionable is Mace for Endurance, but he's liable to get a rework and there will probably be an Endurance ship battle for LSTB.

It's quite the list, but nothing on there is unreasonable. I for one won't be getting there this time, but I'm certainly within strike distance for next time without going overboard. Most of the requirements were on my to do list anyways. Heck, several of them are on my arena team.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I agree, think Chewbacca.

Chewie let me get first during the JKR meta, so it was worth it :awards night 1986: