How is general Anakin different from the Anakin we have in the game?

JZ95
167 posts Member
I'm not stupid, it's a money grab, that aside how does this characters make sense lore wise? The Anakin we have in the game IS general Anakin. The war never ended until order 66, by then Anakin already turned to the dark side and became Lord Vader. There's no window between the end of the war and Anakin turning to the dark side where you could place the Anakin we have in the game as just Jedi knight and non general, also Anakin transitioned from a Padawan to a Jedi shortly after the battle of geonosis where he still had the short hair and looked much younger. Not to mention the Anakin we have already looks older than the Anakin we're getting so he couldn't have been his previous form. This is legitimately worse than getting stormtrooper Han as a character.

Replies

• What's the window between stormtrooper han and han solo (raid han)
    Not everything has to make perfect sense lore wise, it should, i won't take that away from you. But Anikan is a cool character, of all the duplicates they could release i think a lot of people are happy that it's him and that at least a truely powerful character in game is also the chosen one.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Let's start with, this game is run by a company who is making a profit. Yes they do things to make money, calling anything a money grab is just like saying a car uses energy when talking about how it gets you places..... it's just unnecessary.

We dont know because we have not seen him or his kit, but we have many duplicate characters some from close timelines, some from not.

They have stated that they take characters as a snapshot of where they are in time, the current Anakin we have, I usually reference as the beginning of episode 3 of the films, while this Anakin will probably be more akin to what we see in the "Clone wars" series. Is there a huge difference, no, but his kit will reference this more, as this new one is likely to be have more synergy with clones.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Everything is a cash grab, no need to make up elaborate stories to fit that narrative.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    JZ95 wrote: »
    I'm not stupid

iDTtenp.jpg
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    He has cool hair, nice speeder, oh and everyone who is anyone will have him in their roster.. lol
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Let's start with, this game is run by a company who is making a profit. Yes they do things to make money, calling anything a money grab is just like saying a car uses energy when talking about how it gets you places..... it's just unnecessary.

We dont know because we have not seen him or his kit, but we have many duplicate characters some from close timelines, some from not.

They have stated that they take characters as a snapshot of where they are in time, the current Anakin we have, I usually reference as the beginning of episode 3 of the films, while this Anakin will probably be more akin to what we see in the "Clone wars" series. Is there a huge difference, no, but his kit will reference this more, as this new one is likely to be have more synergy with clones.

Dude, it's EA. Nuff said lol
  • I am fine with that since we have 5 hans and 4 chewies.
  • I'm more concerned about what is this supposed to mean for existing Padme team and especially Ahsoka. Currently Padme, Ahsoka, JKA, GK + 1 form a great Galactic Republic team. Is General Anakin supposed to be the +1? I hope not. I really dislike when the team is supposed to have two instances of the same character (I'm talking about you Kylo). I think he is the missing piece for 501 tag but that pulls Ahsoka from Padme. At the same time Ahsoka has explicit synergy with JKA and GK. Are these synergies going to change to reflect the new direction for this toon?
  • I hate how they changed jkas look again... His scar was all fallen fans had to enjoy about him
  • I feel like General Anakin should have a bit more connection to General Kenobi as, I think, they both represent the characters from the clone wars series. Thus I think a logical addition would be that General Anakin won’t do less damage when he is called into action by GK‘s special attack just like Jedi Knight Anakin doesn’t deal less damage. Maybe even go so far as to change it altogether.