Anyone else waiting for the other shoe to drop?

Prev1
General Anakin is extremely free to play. All of the requirements except Shaak Ti have been out for way longer than previous requirements for new characters and everyone knew Shaak Ti would be required. Everyone knew Anakin’s ship was good with Negotiator. I suspect more people will get General Anakin than most previous epic/legendary characters the first time they were released. I know in my guild more people will get him than normal.

It just seems like there is another shoe about to drop. Like you can get in with g12 but to actually win you need to be g13, or two weeks from now there will be a mega epic confrontation that requires General Anakin to be Relic level 7 or.... something. This just seems way too free to play.

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    They are focused on sequel content now

Outside LS TB don’t expect anything else CW related
  • AKsithlord
    38 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Mandalorian and episode 9 are coming out this year. GAS may not last long in the meta if they decide to release toons based off these movies. I theorize some new BH froms Mandorlorian possibly a new faction. Then some new resistance and FO maybe Sith and Jedi from episode 9 depending on how the movie goes but that's what I'm guessing. I could be totally wrong about it and nothing new could from the movies
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They are focused on sequel content now

Outside LS TB don’t expect anything else CW related

Yeah. Some of this is “generosity” (if you can call it that) for the $ we’ve had to whale elsewhere. Shockingly, EA does sometimes give back (in their own special sort of way). It’s all baked in, regardless.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Isn't this the perfect moment to give Mace Windu a slight rework? I guess most of us will use him and Endurace for the event...
    o:)
  • VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Isn't this the perfect moment to give Mace Windu a slight rework? I guess most of us will use him and Endurace for the event...

Mace Windu rework: coming after the event ends
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • dogwelder79
    1482 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    What do you mean "extremely" f2p? Either it is, or it isn't. There aren't degrees of f2p.
  • i was actually surprised, that my endurance (7* but not maxed) passed already the required 40k mark. (and i still have no clue how to win a fight with it :D )
    Also that the rest of the requirements are most met by a lot of people, biggest discrepancy is with Anakins ETA and shaak ti.
    I'm somehow skeptical, i think also there is something else coming or that to win the last tier full G13r7 is required, but we'll see, no GAS for me this time B) , that's sure.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • First, what you mean is long term/ broad roster ftp. I certainly won't be getting him which is fine- unless we get another 98% meta.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Pile wrote: »
    I'm operating under the assumption that GAS is a red herring, set up so we blow out any saved gear/crystals/resources. I give it 4 to 6 weeks after this event drops before the next greatest toon ever shows up and whales will have to wear out their credit cards.

What type of an event that assumption runs on when we have no greater type than this supposed red herring?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    I'm operating under the assumption that GAS is a red herring, set up so we blow out any saved gear/crystals/resources. I give it 4 to 6 weeks after this event drops before the next greatest toon ever shows up and whales will have to wear out their credit cards.

What type of an event that assumption runs on when we have no greater type than this supposed red herring?

Similar to the chewy event/release prior to the JKR/release.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I've got two competing thoughts in my head...

1) Malak has kind of set the expectation that an epic confrontation character will, basically, be an unrivaled meta until the release of a new gear tier/character. From a business standpoint, it probably wouldn't be the best move to show the big spenders that an epic confrontation character may only have a couple months at the top instead of half a year....

2) On the other hand, Shaak Ti is really the only new character we have here. Krakens/Whales/Dolphins usually chase legendary events, so 3PO and Padme shouldn't be a hurdle for many, which means the separatist droids shouldn't be a hurdle for many. The Mace timeout fleet has been a strategy for TW/GA for a while, so none of that should be an issue. Anakin's ETA should have been a focus for those that invest in fleet since (at the very latest) the negotiator was announced..... What I'm trying to get at is that the spending threshold (Shaak Ti shards/gear) for this epic confrontation is fairly low compared to the last one where you needed to have farmed 9 marquee toons and geared them up. Wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility for GS to not be meta long since the overall panic investment would be pretty low.
  • The other shoe is that he will be obsolete in just over 2 months, when episode 9 content drops
  • Saw the requirements, which arent bad at all, and since I'm not gonna be ready I'm just gonna hoard everything for dark Rey. If that doesnt come then...well...theres nothing left for me to want. But yes waiting for the other shoe is a good idea at this point

• Alijar1 wrote: »
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Isn't this the perfect moment to give Mace Windu a slight rework? I guess most of us will use him and Endurace for the event...

Mace Windu rework: coming after the event ends

100%
  • Some events recommend g10, and then they're very hard even at g12. Here, 17700 is the minimum requirement to participate, but it will probably be very difficult without g13 and relics. With f2p toons, gear is where they will get the money.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Expect gear XIII to be a soft requirement for most characters. The data mined packs point to this as well.

Source on this? Reddit link?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EdSolo
    411 posts Member
    Unfortunately, farming Anakin's ship is one of many things I had to sacrifice to farm everything else on ship nodes, so I am still a few shards away from 5* for it. Shaak drops have been terrible as well. I won't even get to try one round of this event unfortunately. At least I am finally down to farming just Shaak and Anakin's ship from the ship nodes (still need 20 Nest shards to finish her off, but I can wait for a BH2 event for those).
  • I think we’re really seeing a difference between those in top guilds and/or those in top 10 of arena/fleet every day and those who aren’t. If you’re getting top spots in arena/fleet every day, the requirements for this event are much easier than previous ones. Thats why you see people saying this is extremely free to play friendly.

If you aren’t in a top guild and haven’t been preparing and/or you haven’t been getting the needed crystals from arena and fleet, then all these requirements probably seem out of reach. That’s why you see people saying this is pure P2P.

Very different views depending on your gameplay. Very different from previous events though where it was P2P even if you were in a big guild and/or getting a top spot in arena and fleet every day.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Again, source? Reddit link? Random discord image someone faked? Someone reputable?

Togruta Jedi Master Bundle? Really?
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

What?

What?

Ok, rewording

Gas is of the greatest event type: epic confrontation. How can it be a red herring if you are not assuming CG will invent a new event type for the next big thing?
  • Ikky2win wrote: »

It just seems like there is another shoe about to drop. Like you can get in with g12 but to actually win you need to be g13, or two weeks from now there will be a mega epic confrontation that requires General Anakin to be Relic level 7 or.... something. This just seems way too free to play.

I'm about to hit 3 million gp, won't even be close to getting him. I have malak, both revans, padme 7s, etc. about to get shaak ti to 5s, but I just don't have a few pieces.

The other shoe dropping is going to be LS GeoTB and how many guilds will suffer because you need this squad (501st) like you need the geonosians. You have to keep in mind how many malaks 7s are needed for platoons. And you'll need to keep in mind exactly how long it'll take to get him there.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »

nrh6qabk6wk7.jpg

I was wondering what that Jedi pack would be. 9xfjnpj8aim4.png
  • TVF wrote: »
    Again, source? Reddit link? Random discord image someone faked? Someone reputable?

Of course! Did you expect them to just let you buy the Shaak Ti shards you need without an equal chance at Ahsoka shards that no one needs? :wink:
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Believe what you like. It doesn't impact me. It's been posted numerous times including reddit. However, you're fully capable of searching yourself.

I did and I found nothing. Thanks for the help though, much appreciated.