Anyone else waiting for the other shoe to drop?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Pile wrote: »
    I'm operating under the assumption that GAS is a red herring, set up so we blow out any saved gear/crystals/resources. I give it 4 to 6 weeks after this event drops before the next greatest toon ever shows up and whales will have to wear out their credit cards.

What type of an event that assumption runs on when we have no greater type than this supposed red herring?

Similar to the chewy event/release prior to the JKR/release.

Precisely. I have 6k crystals - and will have more, not less when the GAS event is over. Saving for the second shoe. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I'm operating under the assumption that GAS is a red herring, set up so we blow out any saved gear/crystals/resources. I give it 4 to 6 weeks after this event drops before the next greatest toon ever shows up and whales will have to wear out their credit cards.

What type of an event that assumption runs on when we have no greater type than this supposed red herring?

What?

What?

Ok, rewording

Gas is of the greatest event type: epic confrontation. How can it be a red herring if you are not assuming CG will invent a new event type for the next big thing?

You do realize they invented "Epic Confrontation" to be a bigger event too, right?

You're not new. You know CG/EA. A largely f2p event to good to be true? Search your feelings.....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Shoe...

Umm this isnt a retail stre
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

What?

What?

Ok, rewording

Gas is of the greatest event type: epic confrontation. How can it be a red herring if you are not assuming CG will invent a new event type for the next big thing?

You do realize they invented "Epic Confrontation" to be a bigger event too, right?

You're not new. You know CG/EA. A largely f2p event to good to be true? Search your feelings.....

Yes I'm day 1. They can obviously do that, but it's quite early for it to happen. I see nothing that concludes to they need to drop something previously unseen. The intensity of epic confrontations still fit that just fine. And we entered an era with g13+relics. They'll gradually dial such needs into all event types.

I think this line of thinking originates to chewie draining resources which made some (including me) miss Jkr the first time which puts out the "legendary to distract from hero's journey preparation".

So...red herring argument doesn't make sense to me. There's nothing to distract from, he's designed to be the new meta until they make up another one even if that one comes early due to sw related schedules. It would only make sense if Gas turns out to be a dud.
  • Options
    I doubt GAS will be a dud.

I don't know what they are planning on doing w/ Shaak Ti now however, but given how good she is with the Clones already, if they add someone new with Malac level powers to that team, well, I can't imagine it getting worse. If it does then Shaak still performs awesome.

I'm just having issues with how this will split up the existing teams. Not that it matters, I'm a year away from this event so I'm sure it will all shake out before I ever complete those requirements.
  • Options
    Alijar1 wrote: »
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Isn't this the perfect moment to give Mace Windu a slight rework? I guess most of us will use him and Endurace for the event...
    o:)

Mace Windu rework: coming after the event ends

Probably after LSGeoTB launched, BHs and Bugs are the same.
  • Options
    Wookiebush wrote: »
    My problem is I have 0 foresight when it comes to predicting future events. I farmed 501st to g13 thinking they would be needed for GAS, and look where I am now.

At least 501s are a solid team in TW/GA and LSgeoTB in the future.

Look at solo smugglers.
  • Options
    Every thread I read misses where they say *AT LEAST* level 85
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    So not only did you decide you wouldn't answer a simple question, you also had to come back later and try to rub my face in it?

K
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Wookiebush wrote: »
    My problem is I have 0 foresight when it comes to predicting future events. I farmed 501st to g13 thinking they would be needed for GAS, and look where I am now.

Why didnt you farm the gear and hold off until you got more info. You would've still had the gear.

At least 501st is GAS' Squad for arena