Shocker...another event solely for whales

Prev13
I've been playing this game for years now. I've spent a little money here and there, but nothing crazy. It's just very annoying that every single event is tailored towards whales. Honestly, how many people have been farming Shaak Ti out of a hard ship node for the last several months? I've been farming B1, and with a drop rate of BARELY 1 per day, it's still 120 shards away.
That means I had to stop farming Anakin's ship to mostly spend credit on B1.
The only folks refreshing that many Crystal's a day are the whales and pay to play folks.
That game has become unfun as it requires more and more cash spending just to keep up and play. It didn't used to be that way, or at least with such a wide gap between the f2p, p2p, and those who skirted both lines.
The event itself looks fun, but it sure would be nice to have a heads up. The only people that are cool with 4 days of notice are the whales. The rest of us could have had 30 days or more and it probably wouldn't have made a huge difference, but at least let us focus our resources so we could enjoy one or two tiers the first time around.
No Padme yet? Tough luck...if you didn't get her during one of the 2 events, that's on you.
No Shaak Ti? Tough luck...if you didnt immediately stop working on literally every other toon in the game that's more important than her, that's on you.
Ships? You mean you dont have a g12 Mace with a fully geared ship and the accompanying GR ships to match? Well...how could ya not see this coming?
No 7* negotiator? You suck at life.
I'd honestly be shocked if they didnt rework Shaak Ti and Padme to make gear requirements all stun guns, carbantis, and stun cuffs. Nothing else...

Replies

• Jarhead980 wrote: »
    I've been playing this game for years now. I've spent a little money here and there, but nothing crazy. It's just very annoying that every single event is tailored towards whales. Honestly, how many people have been farming Shaak Ti out of a hard ship node for the last several months? I've been farming B1, and with a drop rate of BARELY 1 per day, it's still 120 shards away.
    The only folks refreshing that many Crystal's a day are the whales and pay to play folks.
    That game has become unfun as it requires more and more cash spending just to keep up and play. It didn't used to be that way, or at least with such a wide gap between the f2p, p2p, and those who skirted both lines.
    The event itself looks fun, but it sure would be nice to have a heads up. The only people that are cool with 4 days of notice are the whales. The rest of us could have had 30 days or more and it probably wouldn't have made a huge difference, but at least let us focus our resources so we could enjoy one or two tiers the first time around.
    No Padme yet? Tough luck...if you didn't get her during one of the 2 events, that's on you.
    No Shaak Ti? Tough luck...if you didnt immediately stop working on literally every other toon in the game that's more important than her, that's on you.
    Ships? You mean you dont have a g12 Mace with a fully geared ship and the accompanying GR ships to match? Well...how could ya not see this coming?
    I'd honestly be shocked if they didnt rework Shaak Ti and Padme to make gear requirements all stun guns, carbantis, and stun cuffs. Nothing else...
    Counterpoint: I am far from being a whale, but have everything at required stars and power except for Shaak Ti (106 shards needed).

It’s not exclusively for whales. It’s exclusively for spenders OR people who have been playing for a long time and have farmed (almost) everything.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    this might literally be the only event whales can't pay for. can't buy 3po!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Kinda disagree. I didn't focus on Shaak'Ti really until the last month or so. I was behind on B1 (didn't even finish him until after the first DS Geo TB) and I only just wrapped up Anakin's ETA-2 a few days ago.

Basically to say, I was in the same boat: farming 3 different ship hard nodes and prioritizing as *I* felt necessary...which was to say B1 first (with refreshes, and he's been done since the second Geo TB)...then Shaak'Ti.

She's been getting one refresh up until about 3 weeks ago when I started giving her two. Anakin's ship took a good solid like half a month away from the farm except for when I needed to burn excess energy.

I did mention I finished him a few days ago, right? And Shaak'Ti? She's 20 shards away from 7*.

I haven't bought a single shipment pack (mostly because she hasn't shown up in my Daily Shipments since she fell out of Weekly)....but what I'm trying to saying is this:

It was very doable without a focused and dedicated grind. I might be cutting it very close on her 7*, but I have no doubt I'll get there.

**note: some of my time-frame may be a little off due to bad memory, but you get the general idea.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • I've farmed, and bought from shipments, Shaak Ti shards and as a member of the FtP club, this event CAN actually be done.
    I'm 19 shards shy and 2k GP short on her, a zeta will see her open the event for me, so I'll be able to have a shot at getting Gen Ani.
    I know everyone isn't in the same position but this is an event, if you started early, you'll have a fair shout at getting him, regardless of fish status.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Jarhead980 wrote: »
    Honestly, how many people have been farming Shaak Ti out of a hard ship node for the last several months?

Untold thousands of players including some who play for free like myself. I’m sitting at 87/100 for her right now with all her gear hoarded up. I should 7* her on the morning of the 11th with average drops.

The rest of the characters have all been out for plenty of time. There are even a couple of launch characters in there. All are very good, commonly used characters. I can’t imagine less whale-like requirements for this type of event... except the ships. That was a new one. Aaaaaaand I’m banking on the difficulty being super saiyan level. Other than that it’s super f2p friendly.

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    These events are designed to exploit the Fear of Missing Out. If you don't have her at 7* and aren't close, just get GA the next time around. By then you'll also know his kit, gear requirements, and strategies for beating the tiers as well. The game won't suddenly become impossible because you don't have him.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m

I don’t know what you expect. There are dozens of events in this game. Obviously each new one is added based on current “end game”. Anyone who isn’t currently at end game has other events to sort through still.
    It’s a progression game, I’m not sure why anyone would expect that the newest things would be tuned to newer players for whom all of the “old stuff” is still “new to them”.
  • Another event solely for whales?

What was the last event solely for whales? I'm F2P and I've got all the event toons, so clearly they weren't just for whales. Just took a little longer.
    Still not a he.
  • kello_511 wrote: »

I don’t know what you expect. There are dozens of events in this game. Obviously each new one is added based on current “end game”. Anyone who isn’t currently at end game has other events to sort through still.
    It’s a progression game, I’m not sure why anyone would expect that the newest things would be tuned to newer players for whom all of the “old stuff” is still “new to them”.

This isn't 100% true... You probably could have started a new account right after JKR (or maybe even DR) dropped the first time and had Malak the second time he came around. JKR and DR didn't require a legendary to unlock. This is the first time a raid character has been necessary for a character unlock. Are some of those characters in hard to reach nodes for new players? Yes. But you didn't need to wait on any event to unlock JKR or DR.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

This isn't 100% true... You probably could have started a new account right after JKR (or maybe even DR) dropped the first time and had Malak the second time he came around. JKR and DR didn't require a legendary to unlock. This is the first time a raid character has been necessary for a character unlock. Are some of those characters in hard to reach nodes for new players? Yes. But you didn't need to wait on any event to unlock JKR or DR.

Not having C3 now won't prevent you from getting GS the second time around either, since C3 will show up again in the meantime.
    Honestly, how many people have been farming Shaak Ti out of a hard ship node for the last several months?

Pretty much anybody who recognized she was the only panic-farm-eligible character out there for end game players.
  • I can’t whale out this time. Even if I wanted to.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Fifth time's the charm though!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Actually this event is mostly for vet players, rather than whales. If you've been playing for a long time, you should be getting him rather easily.
  • Blackula wrote: »
    This is a f2p event. I am a f2p player and should be getting him.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Not for all whales, Whoops!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I don't understand the anger over this one. It is more accessible than Malak was. The only character that is not old is Shack Tii, and we had a fair bit of time to farm her. The other characters have been very good ones for a while now and were expected to be needed.
  • I don't know.

The ShaakTi requirement "sort of" makes this for whales.

But really, I am seeing this as a LONG time player requirement.
    I don't see this being completed by anyone less than a year of playing, for most longer.

As a 6 mo player I took one look at the requirements & said, Yep, that's a 4th time around event for me, see you in a year.

(Okay, maybe 3rd, but unlikely as I don't even have B1/ShaakTi nodes unlocked yet. Who needs them when I'm still focused on Carth & TAx1.)

I've been playing this game for years now.

1. Years? 2 years is also considered years but definitely doesn’t bring you near end game content if you weren’t here from day 1.
    2. Shaak ti came out when there’s literally nothing new to farm on fleet nodes
    3. The required ships, with the exception of ETA were available from day 1. All the pilots were available from day 1. If you have been playing for “years”, you would have the ships in the 40k gp zone by now.
    4. No one has a 7* negotiator. Don’t be stupid.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    I don't understand the anger over this one. It is more accessible than Malak was. The only character that is not old is Shack Tii, and we had a fair bit of time to farm her. The other characters have been very good ones for a while now and were expected to be needed.

That is a point of debate. It has more legendary characters included than others that were strictly farmable characters.
    Or like in this Infamous post about C3PO: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215366/without-7-c3po-spending-money-pointless-general-anakin-unlock-don-t-bother/p1

You keep talking about whaling out a certain character, but you don't have a legendary, that has been out at least 3 times by now. I don't think you could even pass as a "dolphin" at this point. Whales are able to farm like 5-6 3* toons all the way to 7* in a few minutes. They get every legendary/hero's journey/epic confr. on the very first time. For the first time in the history of this game, they have actually given a plenty of time to farm up the newer characters. Having every single legendary in the game at 7* is a must, it doesn't matter if you'll use it. You never know when it'll be needed.
  • Mzee wrote: »

That is a point of debate. It has more legendary characters included than others that were strictly farmable characters.
    Or like in this Infamous post about C3PO: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215366/without-7-c3po-spending-money-pointless-general-anakin-unlock-don-t-bother/p1

You keep talking about whaling out a certain character, but you don't have a legendary, that has been out at least 3 times by now. I don't think you could even pass as a "dolphin" at this point. Whales are able to farm like 5-6 3* toons all the way to 7* in a few minutes. They get every legendary/hero's journey/epic confr. on the very first time. For the first time in the history of this game, they have actually given a plenty of time to farm up the newer characters. Having every single legendary in the game at 7* is a must, it doesn't matter if you'll use it. You never know when it'll be needed.

Even If the account is Division 2? Never lower than Aurodium? Top 25 in Shard... Geno Wars on Farm nearly 30 stars..... I think there is some flaw in your blanket assessment sir.
  • @myownpost

(: copy paste

Everyone complaining about Anakins new event being P2W is so incorrect.

Let's see, T1, GR capital ship, regular ships & anakins ETA.

Everything here including anakin's ETA has been F2P for quite some time now and you cant scream "P2W!!!" When the ship has been out for ages and the rest being F2P GR.

All the GR pilots are useful and somewhat meta characters as well. On top of that, unlocking the Negotiator at 7* is practically impossible for even whales meaning Mace Windu would be used for this event.

T2: Ahsoka, GK, Padmé, Shaak Ti & C3PO

Ahsoka has been F2P for years, GK has been out for years, Padmé is 6+ months old, C3PO is super old and Shaak ti is the only exception.

Although she has been out for 2-3 months and fleet nodes are hard nodes now with the cheaper pricing so it's easy for a F2P to get her (this is the only really P2W part if the event that is arguable)

And again, all amazing meta characters / top tier.

T3: Just requires skill which money cant buy.

T4: Asajj, B1, B2, Droideka & Magnaguard

Asajj is incredibly F2P and a solid character. B1 may be thought to be P2W but I mean hes been out for around 4-6 months which is incredibly F2P.

B2, Droideka & Magnaguard have been out for a while and all of these characters a fairly attainable (droideka is somewhat difficult) however, they're all apart of another amazing team.

So this event requires, a bunch of F2P, meta characters besides Shaak Ti (B1 to a very minimum extent) and requires meta / top tier characters everyone has geared up basically.

So forget all the fuss because this is much more F2P compared to Darth Malak and people just don't understand that.

I dont get why the same people commenting there is no content get mad when content gets added.

I didnt farm C3PO because I was too lazy to farm ewoks and yet I'm not screaming P2W because the event isnt and I'm not gonna get super salty over the fact that I didnt get my F2P characters ready due to my laziness
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Mzee wrote: »

Even If the account is Division 2? Never lower than Aurodium? Top 25 in Shard... Geno Wars on Farm nearly 30 stars..... I think there is some flaw in your blanket assessment sir.

None of those things have anything to do with whether you're a whale or not.
  • If you farmed shak ti and anakin ship and b1 using multiple refreshes and geared all 15 characters to g12 and collected padme and c3po to 7 star and put zetas on everyone then you will be ready for the event. Is this possible for f2p? sure if someone gets 1st everyday and saved Crystal's for the last 12 months...

If your not getting 1st in both arenas it's hard to do multiple refreshes on multiple characters everyday with only 150 to 200 crystal income. Those people aren't f2p it seems they are a class below f2p maybe trash players who's opinions don't matter would be a better description.
  • What do you Quantify as a whale I assumed it was a 4-6mil GP account in the top Tier......
  • Guess they are missing the part about everything needing to close to Relic level.
  • If you have been playing for years you should already have tea and b1 7 stars a month ago. You also need tea for the event so I dont see why you complaining about shak ti you dont have the f2p characters to unlock him anyways.. ps you. Need 7 stars b1 too... again a f2p character you dont have and then blame the event for your poor attempt to play the game f2p.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    What do you Quantify as a whale I assumed it was a 4-6mil GP account in the top Tier......

Whale is based on the amount of money you spend. People might disagree about what amount it takes to qualify, but since it's possible to be over 4m GP without having spent any money, that is in no way sufficient.