Shocker...another event solely for whales

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Reptis5000 wrote: »
    If you have been playing for years you should already have tea and b1 7 stars a month ago. You also need tea for the event so I dont see why you complaining about shak ti you dont have the f2p characters to unlock him anyways.. ps you. Need 7 stars b1 too... again a f2p character you dont have and then blame the event for your poor attempt to play the game f2p.

Mate this is a joke and You really need to think before you write. Everyone has a different focus, just cause b1 has been out doesn't mean "you should have got him, your no good at this game." It means they were farming something else, like I dunno all the other legendary out there. I've got dr, jkr, malak, chewy, cls, r2, 3po (this time around), thrawn, palp and probably a few others I'm forgetting about and now i am gearing my geos (almost all g12) to get padme next time around and I have also been focusing on getting g12 gear to get to g13 (that's were my fleet energy has been going) as well as my cantina energy going towards relics. This puts a dint in farming characters and guess what shaak ti and the droids have been put on the back burner. We all make different choices and it has nothing to do with how good you are. No one has a crystal ball mate.....
  • What do you Quantify as a whale I assumed it was a 4-6mil GP account in the top Tier......

Spending $1,000, minimum, on the game per year, to me, would be a whale.

Length of play time has nothing to do with being a whale. (Whale = Big Spender)

A whale could be a brand new player.

For example:
    If you turn L28 & enter arena & the top of arena is L65 but is packing a 7* Bastila Shan already, then its a whale because they farmed 7* in pure crystal spending instead of farming over 6 months like everyone else.

• What do you Quantify as a whale I assumed it was a 4-6mil GP account in the top Tier......

You just said you were div 2, by definition not the top tier.
    Never lower than Auridium... if you play and arent terrible then you make Auridium.
    Top 25, ooh jeez, you must be a pretty big guy.
    30* in geotb? Fair enough. If you dont have the toons ready for this event then you're not ready for lstb so i still dont count this as much tbh
  • This is a whale event for anybody who's on a server which isn't really old.

Yes, it's not a whale event for some shards - however for many of us - only whales could have everything ready in 4 days due to the huge list of requirements.

I'm around 2m GP, however we have a number of 4.5m GP players on my shard chat who will get this character. It's a whale only character from my shards perspective due to simple mathematics.
  • @myownpost

(: copy paste

Everyone complaining about Anakins new event being P2W is so incorrect.

Let's see, T1, GR capital ship, regular ships & anakins ETA.

Everything here including anakin's ETA has been F2P for quite some time now and you cant scream "P2W!!!" When the ship has been out for ages and the rest being F2P GR.
    It clearly just depends on how old your arena shard is.

For me, it is a whale event. Nobody in my shard is anywhere near due to the fact we've not been playing long enough to have had the opportunity to farm all of the legendary characters to g12 yet.
  • ExarKun56
    16 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    OP you are absolutely unfair. I am COMPLETELY F2P, been playing for 3 years now, and I have everything except shaak ti! still farming B1? are you insane? I finished that ages ago and already have that at g12! have you heard of node refreshing? god posts like that make me furious! if you get to top10 every day and manage your resources well, there is NO reason to not have the stuff required. the only reason to complain would be if YOU chose not to get padme and gear up your seps, or get 3p0 and gear up your ewoks etc. and if you are not tryingenough in arena. negotiator is not the only GR capital, and NO PLAYER IN THE GAME has it at 7*. THEY KNOW THIS.
    edit: i am f2p, get to 1st in both arenas almost daily, and have been saving crystals for a couple of months. SAVE CRYSTALS! HOARD!
  • ExarKun56 wrote: »
    if you get to top10 every day and manage your resources well, there is NO reason to not have the stuff required.
    The problem is, the people being the loudest about not meeting these 'unfair' requirements are the ones that probably have a hard time staying top 100, let alone 50 or 10. Yet they expect to be able to unlock new content the first time.
  • @myownpost

Everything here including anakin's ETA has been F2P for quite some time now and you cant scream "P2W!!!" When the ship has been out for ages and the rest being F2P GR.

For me, it is a whale event. Nobody in my shard is anywhere near due to the fact we've not been playing long enough to have had the opportunity to farm all of the legendary characters to g12 yet.

yeah it is not designed for a 2M player. and in my opinion, a 2m player has a lot of basic stuff missing, having anakin would be too much. it wouldnt feel "fair" for the 4+ guys if new players would get a high-end content so easily.

I already wrote what a whale is, having every single legendary/hero/epic on the first go, as well as easily getting the needed characters for such events in matter of minutes.

I am also Div 2 and I get top 3 in both arenas everyday. And I haven't spent a single cent on the game. The point is you should have gotten a Legendary character that has been out a few times by now. Even as a f2p you don't have an excuse for not having 3po yet, let alone as someone who spends money on the game.

You need to decide how you want to play this game. If you want to always be on top in arena and get the highest rewards in GAC, you cannot farm characters that you like. You are always farming and saving for the next meta. You should think ahead of time for everything.

For example the new SW movie is coming out soon. We already have a legendary and a hero's journey character for the Resistance faction, however we are yet to see something of this sort for FO. Legends require the "enemy" faction of the toon that is to be released(Exception are GMY, since he was the first ever legend and maybe 3po, as Ewoks aren't really his enemy). With that said, you should most definitely have your Resistance toons ready in anticipation. In fact you should try to get 5 toons for each faction at 7* and at least g10/g11, so you can panic farm easily when something big drops.
  • [quote="ExarKun56;c-1977126"playing for 3 years now[/quote]People who have been playing for less can't get this F2P. If I had been playing an extra 14 months I'd also be ready.

However I'm not, but the whales on my shard will be - which is where the problem arises.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    ExarKun56 wrote: »
    @myownpost

yeah it is not designed for a 2M player. and in my opinion, a 2m player has a lot of basic stuff missing, having anakin would be too much. it wouldnt feel "fair" for the 4+ guys if new players would get a high-end content so easily.
    But the problem is they can get it easily, whales on my shard have 4m GP & will be unlocking him.

I'm not new to the game (18m) and I get first in both arenas both days - however, without paying I'm going to fall behind the whales.

What alot of veterans forget is that not everybody started on release & whales on newer shards have a much bigger and more negative impact on the squad arena/fleet arena. Are you almost 2.5m GP behind some of the people in your squad arena?.

No, because a whale can't get ahead by as much for you a you've been playing longer.

A release like this, creates a massive rift between newer players & whales - who also are likely to deliberate start new characters before whaling out (as it gives them a bigger advantage).
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    However I'm not, but the whales on my shard will be - which is where the problem arises.
    What problem? Supposedly the whole point of spending is to be ahead of those who don't.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    No, because a whale can't get ahead by as much for you a you've been playing longer.
    What problem? Supposedly the whole point of spending is to be ahead of those who don't.
    Ahead is relative though isn't it. A whale on a long term server gets a different advantage between one on a newer server.

I've you're a f2p player who's been playing from release - the difference in roster between yourself and a whale is lower than somebody who has been playing for 18 months. As a whale will have a similar roster to a from release player.

Essentially, release players don't seem to understand the difference between playing with whales on release servers vs playing against whales on newer ones.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    You are completely off on this. The only character that is even remotely new is Shaak Ti, and without buying any packs or crystals she was easy to farm, I've had her 7* for over a week now. The rest have been farmable for ages, and if you geared up for Sep TB/padme you have Droids, Anakin is a monster now as well as clones, I see no excuses.
  • I assume, exactly because a lot of player are basically ready for the event, that the gear requirements (to finish the event, not to participate) will be so high (full G13r7 teams), that you only can get there by using your credit card ;-)
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • If you farmed shak ti and anakin ship and b1 using multiple refreshes and geared all 15 characters to g12 and collected padme and c3po to 7 star and put zetas on everyone then you will be ready for the event. Is this possible for f2p? sure if someone gets 1st everyday and saved Crystal's for the last 12 months...

If your not getting 1st in both arenas it's hard to do multiple refreshes on multiple characters everyday with only 150 to 200 crystal income. Those people aren't f2p it seems they are a class below f2p maybe trash players who's opinions don't matter would be a better description.

I run a ftp account as well and will get her no issue.
    Anakin's ETA has been out forever, and B1 has been out a very long time as well, and was needed months ago at the start of the new TB. If you haven't farmed them yet, I can see you being in trouble, but they were already one of the best ships and a very good character.
    Shak Ti could be had for 125 crystals a day (15 sims) for an average of 5 shards a day from her release. That's 2 refreshes on her node and (1) 50 crystal refresh, along with your free energy. I don't see why I would have needed to save 12 months of crystals for that.
  • KyoO1234
    270 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    [...]
    edit: i am f2p, get to 1st in both arenas almost daily, and have been saving crystals for a couple of months. SAVE CRYSTALS! HOARD!

This is exactly the point. You need to be a top player already (which usually means you spent some money on meta characters) to get enough crystals for enough refreshes.

And you new to be a top player (avoiding the “whale” here) to Already have farmed all other available toons/ships when new toons like Shaak Ti become farmable.

I am a long time player, but unless you spend money it is impossible to focus on everything in the game (geos, relics, Malak, Padme, ships, etc.)

Bottom line:
    You don’t have to become! a whale for this event, but it tremendously helps if you were a whale already.
  • Qhue
    31 posts Member
    They aim the game at whales for some events and at the 'f2p wave' for others. This is aimed at that 'f2p wave' whereby there is a huge gaussian peak of f2p just shy of having what is needed to complete this event. They are banking on those people forking over $10 to move them across that goal line and to do so in large enough numbers to make a profit.

I'm now far enough removed from that peak that its pointless for me to catch up and so have to resign myself to both only getting stuff on 2nd or 3rd pass, but also being in a position where spending any money is pointless because the delta needed to get back ahead of the curve is way too high.
  • This December makes 4 years I’ve played this game. I have every toon at 7* except for Wat Tambor and Shaak Ti 30/100:

Her shards I’ve farmed since day 1. I didn’t start doing refreshes on her node until they changed ship energy to 50 instead of 100.

I don’t agree about posts saying the event is free to play. If they would have made the event 6 months later after putting her on ship nodes then I would say it’s free to play.

It’s the time frame CG makes with these events that either forces people to spend money or wait. And for those who didn’t have to spend money they get 1st in both arenas.(which isn’t the easiest task the get all the meta geared).

I’m not a fan of the road CG has chosen to take regarding these events and power locks needed to access and beat these events. Now the difficulty is becoming an issue along with the 2day event timeline.

I’m not a fan of g13 gear nor the amount of kryotechs needed just to get a toon past gear 8. I’m not a fan of relics either. They released so much collection content that it remains difficult to stay ahead of the meta curve. Add the randomness of mods/gear/resources and it takes a lot of fun away.

I’ve remained in the top 20 for 3 years now. For the first time since I started playing this game I could care less about missing out on a new toon. I refuse to spend money and support these people leading the game in a money driven direction.

The only requirement I’m missing is Shark Ti. Dropping a hundred dollars could get me the new kenobi, but after seeing how suicide droids could beat Revan(who is the most expensive toon to date)...I rather watch wait and play this game in a way that I should have started playing almost 4 years ago.

• I've got everything except for Shaak and ETA ship; Unfortunately, both are rather low on star count because B1 killed me; just finished B1 with one to two refreshes daily(this is just a case of bad luck on my part; I recognize people have done this in half the time). Considering another bout of bad luck, I imagine it will take me some months before I can get Shaak and ETA to 7*. This here is the gatekeeping imo for the F2P; These two ship energy toons. That being said! I don't think these bar the F2P crowd exclusively. I can definitely see people who were more focused than me easily getting both Shaak and the ETA.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    It’s actually really simple.

This game is like a ladder. You start at the bottom and slowly climb your way towards the top.
    Every so often, a new rung (event) is added - but it’s added to the top of the ladder, not the bottom or the middle.

For everyone who is nowhere near the top, this new rung is not meant for you today. You still have many other rings to climb before you get there anyway. Instead, It’s intended to give those who are already near the top to have another rung to keep them busy climbing for awhile.

Those complaining that these new events are “whale only” are correct in a sense - if you’re mid-ladder and want to jump to the top quickly, you need to spend a lot of money to do so. The closer you are to the top already, the less it costs you to reach the end as it’s less of a “stretch” to get there from your current position.

The good thing about this whole thing is that the new rungs are generally added at a slower place than the average person climbs the ladder. That means that when a new rung is added, it might move you a step further from the top - but you have climbed 2-3 rungs since the last time one was added, so you’re still making progress towards the top.
    You also have a view of the whole ladder above you so you can plan to make your climb as efficiently as possible which can also speed your climb.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    I don't understand the anger over this one. It is more accessible than Malak was. The only character that is not old is Shack Tii, and we had a fair bit of time to farm her. The other characters have been very good ones for a while now and were expected to be needed.

That is a point of debate. It has more legendary characters included than others that were strictly farmable characters.
    Or like in this Infamous post about C3PO: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215366/without-7-c3po-spending-money-pointless-general-anakin-unlock-don-t-bother/p1

You keep talking about whaling out a certain character, but you don't have a legendary, that has been out at least 3 times by now. I don't think you could even pass as a "dolphin" at this point. Whales are able to farm like 5-6 3* toons all the way to 7* in a few minutes. They get every legendary/hero's journey/epic confr. on the very first time. For the first time in the history of this game, they have actually given a plenty of time to farm up the newer characters. Having every single legendary in the game at 7* is a must, it doesn't matter if you'll use it. You never know when it'll be needed.

Hate to break it to you but just because you dont have 7* 3p0 doesnt make you a dolphin. You completely underestimate how much of this is a long time played thing.

11 months 3.25 mil gp reformed kraken. He will literally be the last major char I 7 star after Traya (56 days from now give or take). He is awesome but try farming everything through malak in under a year. I love ewoks but the old farms are brutal for gearing unless u want to pay for challenge gear. Like 900 6 hypos for seps alone. That is 3 months with gear donates included. Ewoks are like a month just on that items. And I have bought ALOT of stun guns (complete not salvage) in the last year.

Shak is one of 3 ship farms I am doing currently (last 25 shards of sun fac for geo and 25 for rex for ls geo and neg squad) but will finish her before 3p0 comes back though. I will likely have 5-6 40k qualifying ships and 2 qualifying capital ships by event end. I could have bought 17.7 on almost everything.

But no 3p0 so no money spent. THANK GOD.

And no one can farm 5-6 3 to 7 in a couple mins. Every done a 400 refresh? How about an 800. Didnt think so and that is nowhere near enough. Only person doing that is using stolen crystals (either ccard or hack). Quit the hyperbole.
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    groovdog wrote: »
    Mzee wrote: »
    I don't understand the anger over this one. It is more accessible than Malak was. The only character that is not old is Shack Tii, and we had a fair bit of time to farm her. The other characters have been very good ones for a while now and were expected to be needed.

That is a point of debate. It has more legendary characters included than others that were strictly farmable characters.
    Or like in this Infamous post about C3PO: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/215366/without-7-c3po-spending-money-pointless-general-anakin-unlock-don-t-bother/p1

You keep talking about whaling out a certain character, but you don't have a legendary, that has been out at least 3 times by now. I don't think you could even pass as a "dolphin" at this point. Whales are able to farm like 5-6 3* toons all the way to 7* in a few minutes. They get every legendary/hero's journey/epic confr. on the very first time. For the first time in the history of this game, they have actually given a plenty of time to farm up the newer characters. Having every single legendary in the game at 7* is a must, it doesn't matter if you'll use it. You never know when it'll be needed.

And no one can farm 5-6 3 to 7 in a couple mins. Every done a 400 refresh? How about an 800. Didnt think so and that is nowhere near enough. Only person doing that is using stolen crystals (either ccard or hack). Quit the hyperbole.

Cool story bro, it's nice that you try to talk s. but it doesn't really work that way. Yes I know what 400 crystal refreshes and even 800 are. Farmed the Vets for the first JTR event with those. And yes I got her.

Getting 5-6 7* toons in a few minutes is completely possible with the whale strategy. Packs that contain all the needed characters and grant you 5-7 shards randomly. Just like the first JKR event.

So next time you might want to get your facts straight, before coming out as the big guy.

P.S. 3po requires teddy bears, most of which are rather easy to farm, and he's been out several time, so no, if you spend money, you don't have an excuse for not having him.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    @myownpost

But the problem is they can get it easily, whales on my shard have 4m GP & will be unlocking him.

I'm not new to the game (18m) and I get first in both arenas both days - however, without paying I'm going to fall behind the whales.

What alot of veterans forget is that not everybody started on release & whales on newer shards have a much bigger and more negative impact on the squad arena/fleet arena. Are you almost 2.5m GP behind some of the people in your squad arena?.

A release like this, creates a massive rift between newer players & whales - who also are likely to deliberate start new characters before whaling out (as it gives them a bigger advantage).

Whales have always had a much bigger advantage in arena early/mid game than late game. This is nothing new.
  • I am mostly bothered by the GP requirement, as it locks out like 99% of the player base from even trying the event. I realize that it is there because of hacked APKs where people can finish the event with comically undergeared characters, but it actually makes the event less enjoyable. A lot of the fun of this game is trying different strategies and trying to decide where to invest resources to beat challenging content. Going into events with overgeared characters is boring - there was no suspense in the Malak event, even if with bare minimum characters.

• K331
    168 posts Member
    99% is locked out good ,wont go down in arena as bad .get crystals to refresh faster to get it next time..
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Nope it's for Krakens, whales dont even have a chance to get him..22,000 recommend 3 relics and all zetas
  • Im just glad that malak is gonna be old news very soon

What I hate about it is the fact that GS seems to have no counter