Why Does General Skywalker look like Hayden Christensen?

Prev1
Seems like Jedi Knight Anakin should like
maxresdefault.jpg
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere."

Replies

  • Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.

    Only problem with your argument is that Anakin never wore his clone wars outfit in Revenge of the Sith while the pic above definitely has him wearing his clone wars outfit but has Hayden's face. I just chalk this up to being the character depictions go hand in hand since....well....they're both anakin.
  • Woodroward
    3538 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.

    Only problem with your argument is that Anakin never wore his clone wars outfit in Revenge of the Sith while the pic above definitely has him wearing his clone wars outfit but has Hayden's face. I just chalk this up to being the character depictions go hand in hand since....well....they're both anakin.

    That's not really a problem with my argument. My argument wasn't that GAS was movie anakin, just that we don't have one yet. It seemed like OP was implying that jka was movie anakin and GAS is cartoon anakin. I'm not sure what GAS is, I just know that JKA is cartoon anakin.
  • Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

    In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.
  • Nikoms565
    11400 posts Member
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

    In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.

    There's no need to get math involved.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

    In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.

    There's no need to get math involved.

    But... But.... I like math!
  • Nikoms565
    11400 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

    In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.

    There's no need to get math involved.

    But... But.... I like math!

    As is always the case in these forums, not everyone shares your experience. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.

    wouldnt general skywalker be now considered the clone wars one (hopefully he gets the twilight ship) and the Jedi knight anakin we currently have would be the episode 3 anakin?
    or maybe this is just the "season 7" anakin?

    like to me general skywalker i never think of the ep 3 anakin i think of him in the clone wars as thats what he was always called during it. meanwhile in ep 3 i dont recall him being called that meaning it would be a weirder name for that version of anakin if im remembering the movie right.
  • Cuz Hayden is teh sex
  • maybe capital game don’t have hayden portrait right because he left starwars ages ago so they couldn’t put his face on jka

    but now... ep9 coming...

    purely speculation
  • Hmm, looks a little bit like the young David Hasselhoff. Very sweet!
    :*
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.

    wouldnt general skywalker be now considered the clone wars one (hopefully he gets the twilight ship) and the Jedi knight anakin we currently have would be the episode 3 anakin?
    or maybe this is just the "season 7" anakin?

    like to me general skywalker i never think of the ep 3 anakin i think of him in the clone wars as thats what he was always called during it. meanwhile in ep 3 i dont recall him being called that meaning it would be a weirder name for that version of anakin if im remembering the movie right.

    Not at all. We could go this whole game's lifespan, get 30 Anakins and not have a one of them be a movie Anakin. Just because there's multiple doesn't mean one has to be the movie version.
  • I am excited to try this character out, but from a lore standpoint, the waters have gotten a little muddy. Since the event is having him face-off against Ventress(A character we don't see in any of the films), I assume it's at least partially related to TCW cartoon. I feel like JKA is now more close to Episode 3 Anakin; his attire looks like the robes he wore when fighting Kenobi on Mustafar, while this new Anakin very much looks like the cartoon. As far as the new toon looking like Hayden; all of the likenesses of Anakin pre Darth Vader and post little Ani are meant to be of Hayden even the cartoon.
  • JZ95
    121 posts Member
    That's the money face man, you already know it. Let the dollaz drop all over Hayden's face.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    Darn, I was hyped to unlock this guy, but I think I'll pass now.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The event takes inspiration from clone wars episodes.. This is the cartoon character and JKA is the film version
  • Slippyfist wrote: »
    On a similar topic, I've noticed that Han Solo looks a lot like Harrison Ford.... weird huh?

    **** and Yoda looks awfully a lot like Kermit the frog.
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Seems like Jedi Knight Anakin should like
    maxresdefault.jpg

    Because General Skywalker is Anakin Skywalker. In canon he looks like Hayden.
  • kalidor
    1742 posts Member
    The clone wars version Of Anakin looks a lot more like his voice actor (Matt Lanter) than Hayden. Good to actually have a movie likeness, IMO.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • EdSolo
    134 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

    In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.

    There's no need to get math involved.

    It's simple y = a(x - x)² + y

    Hayden = Anakin(JKA - GA)² + y

    Solve for Y

    Y you ask? Because we know Padmé is anakin's X

    Actually no. Padme died before a divorce could take place, so technically Anakin is a widower.
  • TVF
    16182 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

    In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.

    There's no need to get math involved.

    It's simple y = a(x - x)² + y

    Hayden = Anakin(JKA - GA)² + y

    Solve for Y

    Y you ask? Because we know Padmé is anakin's X

    Actually no. Padme died before a divorce could take place, so technically Anakin is a widower.

    The marriage was not recognized by the Senate, so technically they were never married.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    EdSolo wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

    In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.

    There's no need to get math involved.

    It's simple y = a(x - x)² + y

    Hayden = Anakin(JKA - GA)² + y

    Solve for Y

    Y you ask? Because we know Padmé is anakin's X

    Actually no. Padme died before a divorce could take place, so technically Anakin is a widower.

    The marriage was not recognized by the Senate, so technically they were never married.

    What happens on Naboo Stays on Naboo....
  • When it comes to Clone Wars characters, CG's designers seem to try and strike a balance between the big-eyed cartoon version and the movie version (where applicable). Besides, that's just a drawing / concept art.

    cqxudhwt695c.jpg


  • You should be asking why Luke and Leia look nothing like Hayden Christensen or Natalie Portman.

    Or maybe why Kylo Ren has a British accent when neither of his parents nor his uncle do.
  • jfears2
    115 posts Member
    edited October 9
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because it's how he is supposed look, since the cartoon was based on Hayden Christensen's likeness, not otherwise.

    In Battlefront 2 he also have the General Skywalker skin, but still looks like Hayden. Simple math.

    There's no need to get math involved.

    It's simple y = a(x - x)² + y

    Hayden = Anakin(JKA - GA)² + y

    Solve for Y

    Y you ask? Because we know Padmé is anakin's X

    x-x = 0, 0 squared is 0, 0 times a is 0, 0 plus y is y, therefore y = y.... Hayden = hayden... oh god... it's a paradox.

    Also you used two different values for the same x variable which is impossible but whatevs... math laws shmath laws
    You can probably assume the majority of what I post is sarcasm, feel free to skip and move along rather than reading...
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Anakin is the cartoon version of Anakin as evidenced by his synergy with Ahsoka. We don't have a movie Anakin yet unless you count Vader.

    wouldnt general skywalker be now considered the clone wars one (hopefully he gets the twilight ship) and the Jedi knight anakin we currently have would be the episode 3 anakin?
    or maybe this is just the "season 7" anakin?

    like to me general skywalker i never think of the ep 3 anakin i think of him in the clone wars as thats what he was always called during it. meanwhile in ep 3 i dont recall him being called that meaning it would be a weirder name for that version of anakin if im remembering the movie right.

    Not at all. We could go this whole game's lifespan, get 30 Anakins and not have a one of them be a movie Anakin. Just because there's multiple doesn't mean one has to be the movie version.

    Well i could agree but according to the dev insight what i said is correct.
    General skywalker is clone wars, jedi knight anakin is episode 3 :D
  • Ultra
    3886 posts Member
    They updated Jedi Knight Anakin’s portrait and it’s a pleasing update
Sign In or Register to comment.