So if Anakin is as f2p as y'all claim, he shouldn't be as strong as Malak?

Prev1
JZ95
167 posts Member
Remember when the whales boycotted Jedi Anakin synergy with Jedi Revan and claimed that a character so old should not be able to beat the "tip of the spear" Malak who was so incredibly hard to unlock. With so many people claiming that Anakin should be f2p friendly, can we at least expect him to have decent counterplay? You really can't use the tip of spear argument in his case assuming you support the notion that he isn't nearly as hard as Malak to unlock.

I'm picking up my popcorn in anticipation of the deafening arguments we're about to hear as to why Anakin should not have counter play and any squad that beats him needs to be nerfed similarly to how the devs buffed Malak so Palpatine can't beat him and how they changed Anakin's synergies to also not be able to beat Malak consistently.

Replies

• RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Malak was also unlocked by several completely F2P users (882, more precisely). What is your point?
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    This whole game is F2P..if not tell me 1 character you got to pay for that ONLY people that spend money have?
  • Options
    JZ95, you are confused with people saying the event is accessible to veteran players, since most of us have the characters already except for Shaak Ti, no one has said anything about the actual difficulty of the event to unlock as being easy.
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    17,700 is the minimum to play you will need gear 13 with 1 relic, on all characters read it on reddit extremely hard good thing it will be 6 months till it comes again hurry up you got 6 months to be ready.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    K331 wrote: »
    17,700 is the minimum to play you will need gear 13 with 1 relic, on all characters

This is patently false. My 6* g11 Shaak Ti is over 20k power (double zeta). You can hit the power threshold at g10 for any character with a zeta.
  • Options
    17,700 is the minimum to play you will need gear 13 with 1 relic, on all characters read it on reddit extremely hard good thing it will be 6 months till it comes again hurry up you got 6 months to be ready.

Don't trust everything you read on reddit. 17,700 power is easily reachable under g13, particularly with zetas. In fact, because he has so many abilities, I think people have gotten 3PO to 17,700 as low as g9.
  • Options

Don't trust everything you read on reddit. 17,700 power is easily reachable under g13, particularly with zetas. In fact, because he has so many abilities, I think people have gotten 3PO to 17,700 as low as g9.

G8, one Zeta

fpdaz2xoichr.png

This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Options
    We'll see how hard it is. If it's impossible without relics, it will put a lot of potential spenders off buying the inevitable shaak and ani packs.
  • Options
    C3p0 can hit 17700 with 0 zetas at g10. This event is veteran accessible with little financial investment. Personally I will be ok if GAS is only as good as malak and hopefully malak teams will still function. Relics brought on more diversity we've had in a while and I hope GAS doesn't crap all over that.
  • Options
    But also event difficulty doesnt equate to character power. JKR was the worst thing this game has seen and that event was a joke
  • Options
    Lol you obviously don’t understand how these forums work. What’s said in 1 thread is completely ignored in another. It’s all about proving a point!

But to your title question, Malak is now f2p as well, so new Ani can be stronger.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    17,700 is the minimum to play you will need gear 13 with 1 relic, on all characters

This is patently false. My 6* g11 Shaak Ti is over 20k power (double zeta). You can hit the power threshold at g10 for any character with a zeta.

I posted a thread "17,700 Flat". Droidica, and Magna at G12, no extra gear, and FULL 6 dot mods, but them at 17,700 flat. No zetas.

You are operating under the old or perhaps same, but - we'll call it previous formula in regards to GP.

Yes, you can get there with zetas. However, I wonder if things haven't changed. That 17,700 to get you in through the door, but might not be enough to get you past the foyer.

If similarly the NPC's have more damage and more HP and clock in high. Well.... Make sure to be ready to G13 or add some gear or zetas try anything everything.

However, I'd be cautious here.... CG learns also. They know how we operate. We are minimalists. Don't think they're no hip to the fact.

Be ready for anything.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going out on a limb here and assume your definition of "decent counterplay" is entirely different than mine.
    It's not like malak was unbeatable if you didn't have malak. The same is true for every event character, so i highly doubt General Anakin will be unbeatable.
    Speaking of event characters, has there ever been an event character that actually was "f2p"? If not, there's no reason for you to expect anything different this time in terms of "decent counterplay" based on what others say on this forum.
    Fun fact, trying to unlock general anakin has already costs me more of my hoarded crystals/gear than i spend unlocking malak and i don't know yet if i'm even able to unlock anakin. According to your logic that would mean anakin should be even less easy to counter than malak. :O
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I posted a thread "17,700 Flat". Droidica, and Magna at G12, no extra gear, and FULL 6 dot mods, but them at 17,700 flat. No zetas.

You are operating under the old or perhaps same, but - we'll call it previous formula in regards to GP.

Yes, you can get there with zetas. However, I wonder if things haven't changed. That 17,700 to get you in through the door, but might not be enough to get you past the foyer.

If similarly the NPC's have more damage and more HP and clock in high. Well.... Make sure to be ready to G13 or add some gear or zetas try anything everything.

However, I'd be cautious here.... CG learns also. They know how we operate. We are minimalists. Don't think they're no hip to the fact.

Be ready for anything.

I'm not operating on any formulas. I'm operating on my own roster. My own 6* g11 zzShaak is over 20k power. My own g11 7* Droideka is 16650. If I wanted, I could put a zeta on him and break 17.7k. Both of these disprove the comment I quoted, which stated every single character needed g13r1 to hit the power threshold.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I interpreted that comment as meaning that you would need 13.1 on everybody to actually beat the event. Which sounds like something somebody would say on Reddit while pretending he knows what he's talking about.
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    Options
    You need gear 13 to beat the event ,17,700 is to play it.
  • Options

Oh wow, how did you get early access?!
  • taquillasun
    1158 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options

This is what I was trying to say kindly... I have a feeling this is correct. We'll see. No one knows.

In the past, we could use Zetas to compensate for lack of GP. I am not sure this will work this time around. Maybe. Maybe not. Just be ready if not.
  • Options
    Malak was also unlocked by several completely F2P users (882, more precisely). What is your point?

The game has over 10 million downloads. 882 is nothing lol
  • Options
    Based on the most recent dev post talking about his abilities..... He's going to be a "Boss".... Get those requs ready ya'll!
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options

The game has over 10 million downloads. 882 is nothing lol

How many active players are there?

I'll wait....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone missed the point lol. Nobody addressed the counterplay argument. So if Anakin turns out to be beaten by an older squad, like how Malak could lose to Palpatine and Jedi Revan with Anakin, will people start complaining about how their latest prized possesion should not lose, causing further buffs and nerfs that will put him in unbeatable status like how Malak was early on after the Anakin nerfs and the buff with TM gain against Palpatine?

Clearly you can't use the argument that you spent a fortune, like you did with Malak. It would be a contradiction to claim Anakin is totally super f2p friendly and in the next post to say he needs to be unbeatable because he's too expensive to get. That was the purpose of the post and nobody addressed it.
  • Options
    DHudson wrote: »

Over 80 million players since 2015 launch and 882 F2P people unlocked (0.00001102). Yep real f2p friendly.

I guess this game is run by a charity...
    Agreed. Almost all “one time events” are paywall in some way. I’m still waiting for daily playable new content. New table, new personal raid, something to do. I’ll ask those who unlock if they have anything new to do after this weekend. The answer will be to wait for several months for the next event that lasts for a day or 2.
  • Options
    You would still have to whale out on the 501st so theres that