General Skywalker 5* vs. 7* Unlock

So now that everyone has vented about the requirements of this event I want to appeal to the decision-makers up in CG about whether or not he will unlock at five star or seven star.

Because this is an epic confrontation they’ve established with the Malak event that he will most likely unlock at 5* and you will have to chase shards in the Guild Event Store. Seeing how there’s already a vast majority of needed characters in GET 1 it makes sense that they would put Skywalker shards In GET 2. The most obvious problem with this is we’ve been grinding on the new territory battle for almost 3 months now and we don’t even have a single six star Negotiator available to any player right now. To have to choose between two new powerful character/ships would be an extremely unpopular choice. The alternative of putting it in the other GET Store is problematic due to the fact that that currency is dramatically reduced for people doing the Geo territory battle.

The other thing I can’t understand is why they would put him behind a currency that has no monetary value to them? If he’s locked at five stars for months that means no one can get him past G11 except for people that stockpiled currency. With the recent introduction of gear 13 and relics most people have been spending that currency trying to level up their characters to enjoy and play the game. With the extremely steep requirements for this event you’re going to have people that have to gear up characters and spend resources that they might not have normally just unlock Skywalker. you will also have people spending money to purchase the gear that isn’t readily farmable in character shards it’ll be needed to make this happen. I for one am not 100% ready and I’ll have to spend some crystals to make it happen. The most discouraging thing I can think of as a player is that the first piece of brand new content that we’ve seen in months, that has the highest requirements of any event we’ve ever had, will unlock half of a character. Make no mistake about it if he is unlocked at five stars he is half a character. Not being able to take him to gear 13 and add relics will limit his max potential and ability.

The other thing I can’t understand from CG’s perspective is that it limits their ability to make money. Having him unlock it five stars will effectively prevent a large portion of the player base from panic farming in buying gear and leveling this character up with resources for months. Everyone has the stuff to get the guy to gear 11 they probably will not have the stuff to take him all the way to gear 13 and relic seven. If this character is as good as every other epic and legendary character we have received in the past people will be swiping the credit card as fast as possible to max this character out. Why in the world would they want to gate that behind a currency that makes them no money it literally makes zero sense.

Long story short, you haven’t announced anything yet, but please for the love of God have this character unlock at seven stars! I can’t think of anything more disappointing than investing all my time, energy, and resources collecting all of the legendary characters and all of the ships and all of the gear necessary to unlock this character and getting half of what I expected. Please don’t make the first piece of new content that you’ve introduced in months feel like a disappointment and a waste of time.

Replies

• Compared to when Malak was released, G11 has now no place in the meta. An AoE from an attacker with relic can wipe a G11 character, no matter how much you try to hide them.
    G12 finisher and relic packs are also a good revenue generator that would be locked for several paying customers if the new character is capped at 5*
  • You don't think they make money by having people farm character shards for months from one of the only stores with stun guns?
  • DragonWzd wrote: »
    Who wants to whale on an event and then farm from the get store for another 2 or 3 months?

The top 50 in my shard will, as they always do.

• I am really excited to unlock this character so that I can put him in LSTB platoons.
  • Easy just give us more tokens that we deserve for how painful GEO Tb has been
  • xdzgifl69kia.jpeg

It’s a 5 star unlock...
  • Get 2 most likely
  • So was Chewie. Doesn’t mean he’s not able to get 7* from the final tier.

(I don’t know if they’ve said, just offering up some hope)
  • The other thing I can’t understand is why they would put him behind a currency that has no monetary value to them? If he’s locked at five stars for months that means no one can get him past G11 except for people that stockpiled currency. With the recent introduction of gear 13 and relics most people have been spending that currency trying to level up their characters to enjoy and play the game.

Your first sentence is contradicted by the next two. There is a monetary value to GET based entirely on whether or not you stockpile it or spend it on gear. Very high spenders, aware of the Malak precedent, likely have stockpiled their GET, spending money to get the various gear pieces they could otherwise acquire, in case another Malak came out. For those that haven't, releasing him to the GET store incentivizes this hoarding and spending cash behavior in the future so as to not miss out on the next epic encounter character.

Just because you can't buy GET for cash doesn't mean there is no money making purpose behind putting him there.

• If we have images from a 5* unlock, that's the maximum of the event... sadly I don't think people will be allowed to unlock him without fully completing the event with totally different 4 tiers, since for the legendaries each tier is the exact same battle just each one being more difficult than the previous one
  • K331
    168 posts Member
    They have all these pack out on the 11th because you need gear 13 and 1 relic on each character to beat the event like reddit said...
  • 1bt9vh5qffaz.jpeg
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Yep, so now we are all going back to do hoth since its rewards way more GeT1.

How stupid can you be to release him as a GET1 toon?

Common CG, do something right for once. This means we wont even play your two new TB for months...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    K331 wrote: »
    They have all these pack out on the 11th because you need gear 13 and 1 relic on each character to beat the event like reddit said...

Your source was wrong, the recommended gear level is relic 3.
  • What ever happened to alleviating the grear crunch? Putting another character in the GET store continues to block off another area where one can buy gear. I wouldn't be suprised by CG making another terrible decision, I just really hope they don't.
  • aperingo wrote: »
    If we have images from a 5* unlock, that's the maximum of the event... sadly I don't think people will be allowed to unlock him without fully completing the event with totally different 4 tiers, since for the legendaries each tier is the exact same battle just each one being more difficult than the previous one

Those images are fake. The event hasn't even started yet and it starts for everyone at the same time. The update notes from today talking about the event say you'll get enough shards from the event for a 5 star unlock. His shards are already in the guild event store for GEC1 and it says you have to unlock him at 5 stars to buy the shards. It's basically the same as Malak....don't know why anyone would have expected anything different as its the same type of event as Malak.
  • I don't even have Malak to 7 stars as I'm in a small guild. Oh well...guess Malak will have to wait...
  • This GET1 currency and 5* unlock is completely ridiculous. Considering all of the characters, ships, Zetas, relics, currency, gear and money that we have to spend to even PARTICIPATE in this event to not give us a full character is a total slap in the face to your paying and LOYAL customers.

I seriously can’t understand why they do this to us??!

Like I’m ready to spend to get him and you have made it completely unnecessary to panic farm for this. It takes MONTHS of TB’s to get the 70k needed to 7* him. Of course he will still be useful at 5*, but for the love of god why can’t you let us find JOY in playing this game? You have a massive player base begging for content and the first real piece of it will feel like a let down even when you succeed. Even if I wanted to give you money to speed up the process you have made it impossible. I don’t understand your logic on this. You are actively preventing yourselves from making money and disenfranchising your player base simultaneously. Bravo.
  • aperingo wrote: »
    If we have images from a 5* unlock, that's the maximum of the event... sadly I don't think people will be allowed to unlock him without fully completing the event with totally different 4 tiers, since for the legendaries each tier is the exact same battle just each one being more difficult than the previous one

Those images are fake. The event hasn't even started yet and it starts for everyone at the same time. The update notes from today talking about the event say you'll get enough shards from the event for a 5 star unlock. His shards are already in the guild event store for GEC1 and it says you have to unlock him at 5 stars to buy the shards. It's basically the same as Malak....don't know why anyone would have expected anything different as its the same type of event as Malak.

IMAGES ARE NOT FAKE. SPEND 50 CRYSTALS AND REFRESH YOUR CHAMPION STORE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!
  • Plus we have all the ROS content coming out EXACTLY when most of us will finally get him to 7*. So once everyone gets him 7* all the new toons drop and push him aside. The player base just gave CG their best month in revenue in over a year and this is how they say thank you to those spending customers.
  • Plus we have all the ROS content coming out EXACTLY when most of us will finally get him to 7*. So once everyone gets him 7* all the new toons drop and push him aside. The player base just gave CG their best month in revenue in over a year and this is how they say thank you to those spending customers.

But save your GET1 and 2 because from here on out, they are going to do 5 star unlocks.
  • Entus
    161 posts Member
    LSTB is coming so well have GET1 from 2 sources. Still is stupid though. He should be a 7 star unlock. By the time he is 7 star the next meta will be around the corner. By the next time the event is ran, those who cant do it the first time will have all that time to save GET and gear. So when he rolls around again they will move him to 7 star immediately. So those of us that finish the event the first time will maybe have his 7 star for a week before it releases again.
  • groovdog
    102 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Entus wrote: »
    LSTB is coming so well have GET1 from 2 sources. Still is stupid though. He should be a 7 star unlock. By the time he is 7 star the next meta will be around the corner. By the next time the event is ran, those who cant do it the first time will have all that time to save GET and gear. So when he rolls around again they will move him to 7 star immediately. So those of us that finish the event the first time will maybe have his 7 star for a week before it releases again.

Ahh you currently have it from 2 duh. Unless LS Geo has more get1 your point is irrelevant as 2x ds will probably equal 1 ds plus 1 ls. Actually probably less as people will have to ramp up on ls geo compared to where they are on ds...

This makes no sense. They actually ARE rewarding all the people spending to relic up toons. Now they won't be completely and utterly useless against this godly GAS kit. It will take months to make him 7* so all the people playing with Shaak, Padme and GG nuke teams, can still stay somewhat relevant in arena. This is actually the most F2P friendly move they could have made. I honestly can't believe they are rewarding the people who will NOT unlock him tomorrow. Bizarre strategy. Weird flex CG but ok.