Proposal to improve the opponent selection algorithm for GA

Serge
23 posts Member
I have a serious proposal to change the system of selection of rivals for GA.

Let's look at the TOP of all leagues. What kind of players are there? These are not top players with powerful units. These are strong players with AVERAGE units. With a very successful set of characters. While top players with powerful characters fight each other (and inevitably sometimes lose), these players well get weak opponents. And over and over they beat them. It’s very difficult for top players to beat with incomplete squad. Since the defensive units are very strong. However, average players howl against medium and weak players. And often easily win with 3-4 characters. Is this a fair rating? Unlikely.

I propose to make the toss fair and independent of the player’s characters. Toss, which depends only on the strength of the player, his skill. I propose to make the selection of rivals by the Championship Score!

2wfqtmc0r7sc.jpg

A lot of time has passed and each player has a certain amount of points. Let a player with 20,000 points play with players with 20,001, 20002, 20003, 20004 points! It will be an absolutely fair SPORTS principle. The strong rise up and play with the strong, the weak drop below and play with the weak. In football, the opponent is not determined by the quality of the boots, but in hockey not by the quality of the hockey stick. So why are we determined by the first 80 characters (despite the fact that often fight 90-95 characters!!!)?

Yes, players with a large GP will have a better position. But now players with a small but “successful” GP are in an advantageous position! With the new system - there will be an incentive to improve your characters, build power. Now a lot of players are “holding back” their GP, they do not specifically improve their characters, so as not to get stronger opponents. With the new system - it will be profitable to spend resources and improve your squads.

The only “subtle” moment is the player’s transition from one league to another. A player moving into the next league can get very strong opponents and begin to lose continuously. But! You can increase the number of leagues (4.5-5kk, 5 + kk). Or start each league with zero points, getting the weakest opponents from the new league. Or lose half your points. Thus too - getting the weaker rivals.
But the main thing is that it will be the sporting principle of selecting opponents. And finally, the absurd rule with the selection of rivals by the strength of the first 80 characters will disappear.

I would really appreciate it if the EA staff commented on this idea. :)

with best regards,

Replies

• Akenno
    538 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    You are correct! It shouldn't be matchmaking around character GP (this is the division doing by itself) it should balance around feat points you acquired so far.

That would balance everything out and you would get a real #1 for the division.
    Kyber points may be lowered because you always battle with the best ones and no one or at least few would reach kyber because we may loose more often.

Would really love to see a matchmaking system based around points and not GP.
    First a seperation between GP than matchmaking based of the points and only the last player will get a free win.
  • Options
    You can drag out claiming feats with a longer countdown timer and exploit the proposed type of matchmaking.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Options
    You can drag out claiming feats with a longer countdown timer and exploit the proposed type of matchmaking.

You could rework feats for better rewards and less points to counter that.
  • Mol9961
    71 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I don’t understand why it’s not done more like a tournament. As you enter different levels you only compete with others in that level. Put more weight on wins in your group, and get rid of feats. So if you are in bronze I’m you are randomly placed against others in bronzium. It would start off easy/hard for some. Then it would sort itself out.
    I get annoyed, because I have guys in my guild also in tier 2 that I could destroy that are in kyber, but I am not there because I have more gp then they do. So I’m matched with people of similar gp for my top 60.
    It’s actually discouraging to me. Why should I get fewer rewards than they do when my squad is better and would destroy their squad.
    Also, it’s actually counter productive to whale, because it’s not going to move me up in gac.
  • Options
    Mol9961 wrote: »
    I don’t understand why it’s not done more like a tournament. As you enter different levels you only compete with others in that level. Put more weight on wins in your group, and get rid of feats. So if you are in bronze I’m you are randomly placed against others in bronzium. It would start off easy/hard for some. Then it would sort itself out.
    It's already how it works. You get matched within the league you are in.
  • Options
    OP, great idea, I like it.
  • Options
    Makes sense... so no chance its implemented
  • Options
    But they match you according to your top characters. So I go up against Malak and hear 13 characters. My guild mates have the same go but are spread out. I will never see them and they rarely encounter Malak. Even though they are both in division 2 they get bigger rewards when my team would destroy them. I’m penalized for being too heavy and then falling off.