New JKA Art

yl9dtgf5sj1c.jpeg
Idk, but I feel disappointed by the new face. If they were going to give him some plastic surgery, it would’ve been nice to get his facial features a bit more accurate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Replies

• Options
    The guy she told you not to worry about vs you.

Sad ***** hours ;(
  • Options
    Looks terrible
  • Options
    Who thought that this.. boka7ro8a8vp.jpeg
    Looks better than this.. zbhuza5sum5p.jpeg
    Don’t fix what isn’t broken.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    It is truly terrible what they've done. Always fixing what ain't broken....

Just noticed previous thread said almost same thing.. just proves it more.
  • Options
    also have a look at his left hand in game... like **** is that? does he have hand cramps or something?d27wdbjpoqky.jpg

also he's not the only one with a bit of a hand problem. Asajj also knows how to handle lightsabers the right way!
    juk25vavmjqq.jpg
  • Options
    Phrenesis wrote: »
    also have a look at his left hand in game... like **** is that? does he have hand cramps or something?d27wdbjpoqky.jpg

also he's not the only one with a bit of a hand problem. Asajj also knows how to handle lightsabers the right way!
    juk25vavmjqq.jpg

Yeah, hands in this game look weird. Malak’s looks like Anakin’s, Rey’s isn’t grasping her lightsaber properly, and half of Yoda’s is going into his body.
    km8fgockt6fd.jpeg

o6p2fyxwbu0u.jpeg

3h1bkm7xj2fd.jpeg
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    It's a mobile game. Expecting graphics to be console/pc level is strange.
  • Options
    Lio wrote: »
    It's a mobile game. Expecting graphics to be console/pc level is strange.

Ye but even by old school runescape levels, this is pretty bad.
  • elmarko1234
    165 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    They obviously can't spare any of the millions they got off relics to hire a single competent computer graphics artist. I'm an enthusiastic armature & I can do better than the new Anakin dumpster-fire.

They must feed the mighty EA machine, the game isn't getting any of the money you whales spend back to invest in the actual game.
  • Options
    yl9dtgf5sj1c.jpeg
    Idk, but I feel disappointed by the new face. If they were going to give him some plastic surgery, it would’ve been nice to get his facial features a bit more accurate. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you know JKA is the ep3 anakin right? im not saying the new face is good or bad, but the comparison of those 2 doesnt quite work out
  • Options
    General Jason Bateman :D
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    yl9dtgf5sj1c.jpeg

you know JKA is the ep3 anakin right? im not saying the new face is good or bad, but the comparison of those 2 doesnt quite work out

Yeah, how could he forget that faces completely change just within some years..

And the new face looks like David Bowie with a crooked wig. Why do they gave the art job to someone who can't make proper face models? The one before wasn't perfect either but way better.
    Do it like you did it with Bastila Shan, remodel the face. @CG_SBCrumb
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    I think it's an acceptable compromise between the cartoon and live action version.

l4azxmdu6g93.jpg

They struck the same compromise with GK. Basically the CW cartoon version with realistic facial proportions.

ev9zy7vy32ko.jpg

• Options
    Eyes are too far apart, but It's mostly the nose. They boogered the nose.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    I think it's an acceptable compromise between the cartoon and live action version.
    l4azxmdu6g93.jpg

Eyebrows way to high, mouth way to smooth, chin not really carved, crooked hair - nope, not buying it.

Edit: Young David Bowie for comparison ~
    rppl8v4fpni7.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    Phrenesis wrote: »

juk25vavmjqq.jpg

That's the same claw hand as before. They only seem to have changed his head and his texture, but the mesh below the still neck looks the same.

Hands are a common problem in low-polygon games btw. The game has to run smoothly on older phones, so they have to keep things simple. That being said, there are much better hands in the game and Anakin's weird thumb has always bugged me.