Back to Hoth we go

If GAS is seriously unlocked by get1 you just killed your most recent content. Unless you give us another way to earn get1 the serious people and guilds will go straight back to hoth for the 10k+ get1 you can get. Clarify please ????

Replies

• Of all the complaints about this event, this is the one i agree with. It's a race to g13r7 GAS at this point, why would i want to play the new content if that slows down my goals.
    Why would i ever want to spend either of the GET currencies again?
  • Some people have no choice. I'm in a small guild, and we're not going back to hoth for a few pay to play players like myself. Our guild needs get2 to help get G13.

The needs of the many outweigh the few. I'd never ask the guild to take a step back for me...that's wrong I won't do that to them.

I can buy G13, they can't.

It's all good. Just a no in the road. I'll have to re map stuff out. But, I'm okay with this actually.

I'm going to have about $200 to $300 extra dollars this week that I was ready to spend to ensure I could unlock.

Forget that noise! I'd rather buy a season ticket package to see our terrible basketball team. Go Wolves!!! Die hard fans never give up! Just like this game. Not giving up. I just won't spend on this event.
  • Anything that encourages backwards progression like this is bad design. Sad day.
  • On the one hand, hoth gives more get 1 for gas but on the other hand, you need get2 for negotiator. So going back to hoth may help your arena team if you unlock gas but it'll hurt your fleet arena team.

I think most will probably continue to do geo tb for this reason. Some will have saved currency so they may get there sooner but over all, I'm sure the 5 star g11 gas will let you remain competitive long enough to get him 7 star.

I still have a 6 star malak and I regularly beat the r7 malak teams on offense. I bet gas will be the same way.
  • On the one hand, hoth gives more get 1 for gas but on the other hand, you need get2 for negotiator. So going back to hoth may help your arena team if you unlock gas but it'll hurt your fleet arena team.

I think most will probably continue to do geo tb for this reason. Some will have saved currency so they may get there sooner but over all, I'm sure the 5 star g11 gas will let you remain competitive long enough to get him 7 star.

I still have a 6 star malak and I regularly beat the r7 malak teams on offense. I bet gas will be the same way.

Right on man!

Good thinking here. One of our guildies recently asked in chat about getting the achievement. It'd be a good time to bring that to the floor again as we didn't think it'd be quite worth it. But, Relics weren't in the game at that time or they had just come out. I'm not against trying for a full clear. ANd then switching back or something. But yeah - it gives guilds a chance to catch up on some old stuff.
  • would you rather have it was GET 2 then?

And we still get GET 1 rewards...
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    At 30 stars in geo tb, you earn 6200 GET1

From 48 stars DS Hoth earns you more than double that (depending on how well you do in the special missions).

If you're serious about GAS, you should do DS Hoth at least. LS Hoth is less cut and dry (there's less GET to be earned there, and a trade-off with Wat and GET2 is probably worthwhile)
  • Awesome how this posts just pop with people not even thinking about it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Negotiator/Wat/GET2 > GAS all day EVERY day

But what about 1/2 rate of negotiator/wat/GET2 vs double rate GAS ???
  • We are discussing this and it will depend on how many unlocks we get.

We are thinking about a combination in rotating GEO TB and Hoth DSTB.

It is not just Negotiator that this stops but Wat shards as well.