How are GAC scores like this possible?

The max score in GAC during a single round is 1952
64 per squad victory, 2 squad victories per territory, + 180 points for the territory = 128 + 180 = 308 per territory on offense.

Defense setup is 180 per territory or 720 total.

308 * 4 + 720 = 1952

I got 1887, 1885, and 1872 in my first 3 rounds, all victories.

So comparing myself to the maximum possible score, at worst, I lost 65 points in round 1, 67 in round 2, and 80. That puts me 212 behind the best possible leader, someone who cleared every territory on the first try using only a single toon without losing a single point of health or protection.

The current leader in my division (Div 2) has 9,842.

I currently have 9,279. I'm 563 points off that pace, but I'm only 212 points behind perfect. So what gives?

I've apparently gotten 635 points off feats. They would have need at least 351 more points off feats than I have gotten, but I am not sure how that's possible either.

Obviously they would have gotten the undersize squad Part 2 of 3 that I haven't completed, but the first one requires 5 undersize victories. The second 8. The third 12. That totals 25 undersize victories, but we've only had 24 battles. So they can only be up another 200 points there.

They can't have finished Tactical advance - you have to clear 18 territories and we've only had the opportunity to clear 12 (which I have done). The only other possible feat available is killing 24 toons with separatists...

... so I guess that they have more than 1 separatist that can solo a full squad of enemies in each match (since you'd only get to 15/24 by now if you only solo'd one squad per match with a separatist)? I suppose that would technically do it.

I get how if you're amazing you can get 1920 or so points in a single match. I've come close to that (my best match in which someone actually placed a defense I scored 1918). But this seems ... far fetched, to say the least.

Is it possible that a few of the people at the very top of the leaderboard are benefiting from scoring errors again?

What do people think?

Replies

• Options
    I mean a few things could be the reason for such score.
    1. They cheat.
    2. They have the craziest luck in the world and get people who don't care about GAC and set garbage defensive teams(like g6/g7 garbage).