why use GAS for General Skywalker's abbreviation instead of GS?

geo spy, geo soldier and gar saxon: all don't use that abbreviation and use these names as far as i know, though gar saxon usually is called just "saxon" as far as i know

and while yes General Skywalker is anakin and all, anakin isnt in his unit name so to me it doesnt make sense to add it.

Replies

• Options
    Geonosian Soldier and/or Geo Spy get the GS tag.

Plus, it's funnier to use GAS. Especially in a situation where CG wants to break the game with GAS...
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Plus, it's funnier to use GAS. Especially in a situation where CG wants to break the game with GAS...

ive already addressed why geo spy and soldier dont work as well for logic though... they have never used that tag.

and i dont really care if its for fun, i find those type of abbreviations annoying since its not accurate, just like Ashoka Tano Fulcrum's "fun" tag and Han's Falcon "fun" tag
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Are you blaming CG for giving you GAS?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

We could but with CG, we can't afford GAS ;)

Kidding aside, GS stands for 4 toons now, 2 of which see heavy use on game and one upcoming that will too. GSol, GSpy and GSky could be alternatives. GSax can stand for Gar Saxon.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

We could but with CG, we can't afford GAS ;)

Kidding aside, GS stands for 4 toons now, 2 of which see heavy use on game and one upcoming that will too. GSol, GSpy and GSky could be alternatives. GSax can stand for Gar Saxon.

yes 2 are used a lot, but again do you or your guild (anywhere) use GS for those bugs ever?

otherwise i agree those are good alternatives
  • Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

ive already addressed why geo spy and soldier dont work as well for logic though... they have never used that tag.

and i dont really care if its for fun, i find those type of abbreviations annoying since its not accurate, just like Ashoka Tano Fulcrum's "fun" tag and Han's Falcon "fun" tag

Maybe YOU have never used that tag, the rest of the players have.
  • Options

Precisely what isn't "accurate" with Han's Falcon's abbreviation? It's literally a cheeky abbreviation of MILennium Falcon.

Pull that stick out and give it a whiff, it's smelly just like everyone else's.

TBH, not even sure what the Fulcrum one is that's offensive, lol...ATF?
    Oh wait, lol, think I may have just figured it out. Not bad, certainly not egregiously offensive...

🤪🤪😂😂
  • Options

Maybe YOU have never used that tag, the rest of the players have.

then which one of the chratcers use GS specifically since 3 have had it before hand?

plus even if they had the tag first doesnt mean someone else cant take it. look at grievous and Gamorean Guard. Gamorean was released first but hey Grievous got the GG tag ultimatley.

Precisely what isn't "accurate" with Han's Falcon's abbreviation? It's literally a cheeky abbreviation of MILennium Falcon.

Pull that stick out and give it a whiff, it's smelly just like everyone else's.

TBH, not even sure what the Fulcrum one is that's offensive, lol...ATF?
    Oh wait, lol, think I may have just figured it out. Not bad, certainly not egregiously offensive...

🤪🤪😂😂

i never said i found it offensive i just found the "fun" tags to be stupid.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options

That's not true. Geonosian Soldier was the first, and was widely called GS. When we got Geonosian Spy he became GSpy. By the time we got Saxon... well, Saxon is awful and no one talks about him so why give him an abbreviation?

General Skywalker is GAS because it's a funny acronym. No more, no less.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

That's not true. Geonosian Soldier was the first, and was widely called GS. When we got Geonosian Spy he became GSpy. By the time we got Saxon... well, Saxon is awful and no one talks about him so why give him an abbreviation?

General Skywalker is GAS because it's a funny acronym. No more, no less.

thank you for actually answering with info to help clarify the confusion for me a bit more.
    as i have first stated i never known GS to be with soldier, ive always used geo soldier and geo spy personally and never saw GS used; but what you said does make sense
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I’ve always used GS for soldier and just use spy for geo spy.

Never cared or talked about saxon

This.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    i never said i found it offensive i just found the "fun" tags to be stupid.[/quote]

Fair enough, though the argument could be made that deeming them "stupid" is definitely in the ballpark of seeing them as offensive in some way or form, whether to yourself or others. But I digress, everyone's entitled to their own opinions.