GAS = Nearly Invincible at 5*

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited October 2019
Caveat for GAS at 5* v 7*: The way his kit is designed it doesn’t really matter, as he is nearly invincible regardless. The difference from 5* to 7* is literally DPS. Sure, while hoarders will have him 7* R7, it’s just a matter of DPS to other Clones. And while we haven’t even seen if he truly is meta or not, in the short run, FATZ Jr and Echo boosted to R7, or high relics in general, will cover your DPS until GAS can carry the burden. Aside from the DPS difference, his kit is truly amazing and, as noted earlier, he can’t die easily, so 5* or 7* is really irrelevant for this character.

Now about those good And speedy Mk V mods that are gonna be hard to come by...
SnakesOnAPlane
Post edited by SnakesOnAPlane on

Replies

• “His protection pool is lower so he will jump back up from cover faster.”

False.

His protection recovers the same percent amount regardless of how much protection he has. The difference between 5* and 7* is that he will not have nearly the protection that he will when he’s fully geared, making it much easier to knock him down and take the others out quickly.
  • 1. What is FATz jr?
    2. Differnece between 5* and 7* include more health, protection, DPS, and defense
    3. Lower potrection means nothing when you regen at a percentage.
    4. And at 5* he will be way easier to deal with since he wont hit nearly as hard and has less health and protection to tank while advancing, 7* does matter
  • 5. Can't be used in TB
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    5. Can't be used in TB

And in Raids. Oh, and have fun platooning him for the LS Geo TB.
  • I still can't believe that they require Malak in platoons.
  • “His protection pool is lower so he will jump back up from cover faster.”

False.

His protection recovers the same percent amount regardless of how much protection he has.

Yeah, good call. % is %.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    “His protection pool is lower so he will jump back up from cover faster.”

False.

His protection recovers the same percent amount regardless of how much protection he has.

Yeah, good call. % is %.

Want to change the title... maybe "somewhat invincible" is better..... :smiley:
  • There's already a video floating around of a 5* GAS with G13 501st getting smoked by a DR/Malak squad, so.... definitely not invincible at 5*
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Is this based on actually using him or just theory from looking at the kit?
  • This ... is just not true at all. And yes I am qualified to say that.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Darn it leef you have me running in endless circles....literally unplayable like this
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    And yes I am qualified to say that.

Just like the title of both this thread and your thread, this statement is debatable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • “The difference is DPS” is kind of an understatement. At r7, using double basic attacks on his turn will do just under 50k BASE damage on a non crit. And it ignores defense, so it’s not being mitigated. That is BEFORE mods, leadership bonuses, buffs, and crit bonuses. His damage is insane. Which means he will not only work well under his own lead which is obvious, but you can throw him into Galactic Republic or Jedi teams as well and use that synergy. Or even do well on a random team without synergy. He hits HARD.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    This ... is just not true at all. And yes I am qualified to say that.

I second this opinion. I have maxed what gear General Skywalker can have at 5 stars, maxed all his abilities with 4 zetas, put in my best 5 dot mods and paired him with my g13 relic 501st units.

In not one attempt against a single Sith Empire team did my 5* General Skywalker have a chance. The team got a couple of completely pointless hits in before being wiped out.

So now because of the GEC decision by CG I will have to wait likely 4 months to max out this character just to see if it was worth the time, expense and effort.

At this point I am disgusted and disillusioned with how out of touch with the bulk of the players the devs seem to be. I guess CG finally found a way to discourage me from giving them money after all these years. Great job team!