General Skywalker 5* NOT Viable AT ALL vs Current Meta

Prev1345
Palanthian
1262 posts Member
edited October 2019
Forget using a 5* General Skywalker in arena. I've whaled up on this squad, GAS has 25K health, 70K protection, 255 speed, 3/4 zetas (stacking health reduction missing, not relevant).

Rex R3 modded for speed with zeta (DR 6E arena mods), Ahsoka, Echo and Fives R5 and modded appropriately, full zetas (Ahsoka and Echo for damage, Fives for tankiness, all 6E arena mods).

The team is literally shredded by DR + Malak, it's not even close. I know it's "early days", but I'm not doing anything silly here. This is the only squad composition we have, they're correctly modded, they're geared up and have all zetas.

If anyone is experiencing a different outcome to me, please let me know.

EDIT:

After several tries vs one of the best DR teams on my shard, I managed to get it down to a 1v1 vs Malak, but still lost in the end.

VERDICT:

GAS needs to be 7* with relics.
Post edited by Palanthian on

Replies

• As you've obviously got through the 4th part, how did you do it? I'm struggling big time with an r4 B2, r3 Asajj, r2 Magna, g12 Droideka and B1.

Can get to GS's first cover, nearly kill 5's but not quite, but then get wiped out soon after.
  • Albie01 wrote: »

Looks better, but would be helpful to know the context, i.e. the relic levels on the DR squad.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Albie01 wrote: »

Looks better, but would be helpful to know the context, i.e. the relic levels on the DR squad.

Exactly. Relic level, mods versus opponent's mods. The strategy also seemed very flawed, almost as if to ensure GSky was the last one left and could take out the SE toons one at a time...
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Palanthian wrote: »
    3/4 zetas (stacking health reduction missing, not relevant).

After several tries vs one of the best DR teams on my shard, I managed to get it down to a 1v1 vs Malak, but still lost in the end..
    Hmmmm

Losing against Malak without the zeta that’s specifically meant to crush malak. How strange
  • Ultra wrote: »

After several tries vs one of the best DR teams on my shard, I managed to get it down to a 1v1 vs Malak, but still lost in the end..
    Hmmmm

Losing against Malak without the zeta that’s specifically meant to crush malak. How strange

They even put not relevant hahaha
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    Relevant zeta = closed
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • APX_919 wrote: »

Exactly. Relic level, mods versus opponent's mods. The strategy also seemed very flawed, almost as if to ensure GSky was the last one left and could take out the SE toons one at a time...

You can't damage GS's health, unless he's the last one left on the team.
  • _Reaper_ wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »

I think he's referring to the fact that all of the needed abilities were on cooldown when GAS stood up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    _Reaper_ wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »

I think he's referring to the fact that all of the needed abilities were on cooldown when GAS stood up.

Bingo! This seemed to showcase GSky's defensive might.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Is this event even possible without relics?
  • DSidious
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    This game has become a joke. EA made it so you can’t even play half these events unless you spend ridiculous amounts of cash
  • vinitwins
    47 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Yep got GAS unlocked at 5 stars, G11.5 with all 4 zetas. Don't have GET1 to 7 star him (and won't have the necessary currency for months).

He's just a shiny toy without batteries right now. Can't use him in arena, can't use him in raids, same for the new LSTB. Might only be useful in GAC/TW as a surprise factor for a couple of matches.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Hmmmm

Nice snippy reply Ultra, but it wasn't relevant because the clones around him were killed off fairly easily, since he spent most of the match on his knees.

So ... not relevant to the thread, which is pointing out that GAS at 5* is not viable. Not enough protection or survivability to protect his clones.
  • There’s other game modes besides Squad Arena...
  • Where’s Kyno coming in to defend how well balanced the game is? How it’s easy for f2p players to keep up?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Where’s Kyno coming in to defend how well balanced the game is? How it’s easy for f2p players to keep up?

Why would I need to state the obvious?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DSidious wrote: »
    This game has become a joke. EA made it so you can’t even play half these events unless you spend ridiculous amounts of cash

This doesnt seem to be an example of that, if you check the forums you will see many people who want to spend money and cant to get this toon due to all the situational requirements to get GAS and get him to 7*.
  • Yea okay, not an obvious response at all 🙄
  • Yes they want to spend money now because EA has made that the new norm to actually play this game. Kind of don’t have any choice when it’s just a cash grab. But hey keep telling yourself whatever you need to 👍🏻
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    But hey keep telling yourself whatever you need to 👍🏻

I suggest you do the same, like telling yourself this game has become a joke. ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Darn it leef.....you have me running in endless circles here....literally unplayable like this
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes they want to spend money now because EA has made that the new norm to actually play this game. Kind of don’t have any choice when it’s just a cash grab. But hey keep telling yourself whatever you need to 👍🏻

I get it, it's one if the new fangled cash grabs where they wont take peoples money, even though they are willing to spend it. Got it, but shouldnt it have a different name than the old style where they actually allowed people to spend to get things?
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    Well since he's both nearly invincible and not viable at all, I'm assuming all matches end in a time out.

Great D team!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Well since he's both nearly invincible and not viable at all, I'm assuming all matches end in a time out.

Great D team!

Does this create some weird paradox where both teams share 1st or whatever rank they are battling over? Asking for a friend....
  • TVF
    36585 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Great D team!

Does this create some weird paradox where both teams share 1st or whatever rank they are battling over? Asking for a friend....

It just means whomever is at 1 has to put GAS in and then they'll never move again.
  • TVF wrote: »

Great D team!

giphy.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • vinitwins
    47 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Easy to write sarcastic & useless comments. Unlock him, gear him up, put on the 4 zetas and test him in 20 odd battles first.

5star viability with current 501 toons is pretty abysmal. Maybe arc might help.

But he's not worth the time/resources at 5stars.
  • Good
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
This discussion has been closed.