General Skywalker 5* NOT Viable AT ALL vs Current Meta

Replies

• Emerging metas never beat the existing meta within hours, or even days, of release. They take gear and strategy development before they begin to overtake the current meta. Check back in a week.

(It's entirely possible that GenS won't be meta as well.)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • The GS team is not bad at all.. Just tried against a G11 anakin.

And when he gets relics and ARC trooper is released hes gonna be even more OP. Relax.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Zippy_3000 wrote: »
    Where’s Kyno coming in to defend how well balanced the game is? How it’s easy for f2p players to keep up?

Why would I need to state the obvious?

Only to u bra
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Remember when people said JKR was a flop? Then they said DR was a flop.....then they said Malak was a flop.....then they said padme was a flop......then they said General Anakin was a flop......then they said why are all these toons so OP?

No one ever said Malak was a flop either. He was arena viable even at 5* g11. Stop completely making things up. It's just silly and a waste of everyone's time - especially yours.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/201118/to-all-players-who-can-t-unlock-malak

In that thread @Nikoms565 you talked about ripping through Malak with your CLS team in under a minute.

Lol - those were 5* Malaks - and I stated that. C'mon man. At least try. At no point did I say he was flop or predict that he wouldn't be powerful at 7*...nor have I done that here. I was merely reporting facts. Not speculating.

Your original quote here was "No one ever said Malak was a flop either." People did and you participated in the thread where it happened. I'm pretty sure the last event character that people didn't dismiss on day 1 was CLS.
  • Let's be honest, the amount of players big spenders and F2P that are now quitting this game has blown up. A lot of people did not like how they did the whole DR/Malak release. I know some who quit then ( however not nearly as many this go around) Then G13 was released and shortly after G14/15/16/17/18/19/20 ( Relics and levels 1-7) This caused a lot of people to quit once again spenders and F2P alike. Now they bring out another Epic Confrontation character and bam he is only unlocked at 5* and is essentially useless.

This game is headed down a very slippery slope and truthfully I myself do not see the player base staying as large as it currently is for more then a year. ( Unless some drastic changes are made on CG/EA part of making it a lot easier to gear characters from G1-13 entirely F2P, which of course we know won't happen because that doesn't give into the current greed factor that CG is riding on.)

It's been a great game for quite a while to play, however it to me is now much more of a chore then anything else. I know my that almost the entirety of my guild feels this way and many others in different discord channels are reporting the same.

It also appears that one of the more popular content creators for the game McMole2 is leaving the game for good for now. He's tired of running into a new paywall every 3 months it sounds like. Also he was another who was drastically disappointed in GS being unlocked only a 5*

Come on CG/EA it's time to realize that you are going to ruin your game by worrying simply about the $$. It's time to worry about the vast majority of your player base and give in to changes that will cut into your bottom line.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    TVF wrote: »
    Even if he's not viable at 5*, so what? Get him to 7*.

Sure, let's just get the massive amount of currency needed to unlock him after using it to get Malak to 7*. All we have to do is play multiple TB which will take several months.

Your reply (even if sarcasm) is trash.

I got my Malak to 7* before Geo TB and I have enough currency saved up to take GAS to 6*. I'll get the rest in time. And I'm only in a 160m GP guild, and I spent too much currency on stun guns or I'd have enough for getting him close to 7*.

I know it makes people feel better to think I'm wrong though. That way they don't have to admit that the problem is them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well, I think it's a good thing a 5 star g11 character can't completely wipe a r7 malak team.
  • Did you try rice?
  • Asifab wrote: »
    Let's be honest, the amount of players big spenders and F2P that are now quitting this game has blown up. A lot of people did not like how they did the whole DR/Malak release. I know some who quit then ( however not nearly as many this go around) Then G13 was released and shortly after G14/15/16/17/18/19/20 ( Relics and levels 1-7) This caused a lot of people to quit once again spenders and F2P alike. Now they bring out another Epic Confrontation character and bam he is only unlocked at 5* and is essentially useless.

This game is headed down a very slippery slope and truthfully I myself do not see the player base staying as large as it currently is for more then a year. ( Unless some drastic changes are made on CG/EA part of making it a lot easier to gear characters from G1-13 entirely F2P, which of course we know won't happen because that doesn't give into the current greed factor that CG is riding on.)

It's been a great game for quite a while to play, however it to me is now much more of a chore then anything else. I know my that almost the entirety of my guild feels this way and many others in different discord channels are reporting the same.

It also appears that one of the more popular content creators for the game McMole2 is leaving the game for good for now. He's tired of running into a new paywall every 3 months it sounds like. Also he was another who was drastically disappointed in GS being unlocked only a 5*

Come on CG/EA it's time to realize that you are going to ruin your game by worrying simply about the $$. It's time to worry about the vast majority of your player base and give in to changes that will cut into your bottom line.

When swgoh content creators are posting about other turn based games and quitting I think there is cause for concern for the path the game is on...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    You know it is bad when developers of other games are using the history of SWGOH as how not to run an online game.

What? Do you have an example here?

I assume he’s talking about MSF. They are adding mods, but have stated they will avoid the errors of “other games” and the mods will not affect speed.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Asifab wrote: »
    Let's be honest, the amount of players big spenders and F2P that are now quitting this game has blown up. A lot of people did not like how they did the whole DR/Malak release. I know some who quit then ( however not nearly as many this go around) Then G13 was released and shortly after G14/15/16/17/18/19/20 ( Relics and levels 1-7) This caused a lot of people to quit once again spenders and F2P alike. Now they bring out another Epic Confrontation character and bam he is only unlocked at 5* and is essentially useless.

When swgoh content creators are posting about other turn based games and quitting I think there is cause for concern for the path the game is on...

Lol "content creators."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Lol "content creators."

Bruv I'm so confused on ur hatred towards SWGOH youtubers?

Care to share? I actually wanna know tbh
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    (stacking health reduction missing, not relevant)

That's the most relevant zeta GS has for fighting Malak teams. That's the zeta that actually counters Darth Malak, since it lets you drop his max health by 60% in one turn, making him much easier for your clones to nuke down.

• Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    You know it is bad when developers of other games are using the history of SWGOH as how not to run an online game.

I assume he’s talking about MSF. They are adding mods, but have stated they will avoid the errors of “other games” and the mods will not affect speed.

If so, then curious, since I tried MSF briefly and it seemed to be far more of a P2W cash grabathon than GOH has ever been.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

If so, then curious, since I tried MSF briefly and it seemed to be far more of a P2W cash grabathon than GOH has ever been.

Ikr.

They literally got dozens of packs daily
  • Malevolan wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »
    (stacking health reduction missing, not relevant)

That's the most relevant zeta GS has for fighting Malak teams. That's the zeta that actually counters Darth Malak, since it lets you drop his max health by 60% in one turn, making him much easier for your clones to nuke down.

I totally appreciate that, and I worded it badly, but even with that zeta, a 5* won’t cut it. That was my point in this thread.
  • Asifab wrote: »

First of all McMole complains about everything. Some warranted some not. Either way he complains a lot. Second of all this is what? The 2nd time how he’s quit? The guy plays other equally as p2w games and then complains more. I say good riddance to him.

• NotTheChosenOne
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    ZAP wrote: »

First of all McMole complains about everything. Some warranted some not. Either way he complains a lot. Second of all this is what? The 2nd time how he’s quit? The guy plays other equally as p2w games and then complains more. I say good riddance to him.

He has done 10000x more positive things for this game then you ever will, period.

Lmao who cares.

You act like doing positive things for someone else's company and game while gaining 0% of the revenue / profit is a good thing.

Lmao he is an awful youtuber and wasted his time.

You shouldnt be on YouTube if your audio is awful, you have no enthusiasm in your voice and you dont edit your video properly

Edit: my bad I realised the person who I am talking about is DarthMicrotransaction. However, the initial point I made, "You act like doing positive things for someone else's company and game while gaining 0% of the revenue / profit is a good thing" still stands
  • ZAP wrote: »

He has done 10000x more positive things for this game then you ever will, period.

Lmao who cares.

You act like doing positive things for someone else's company and game while gaining 0% of the revenue / profit is a good thing.

You shouldnt be on YouTube if your audio is awful, you have no enthusiasm in your voice and you dont edit your video properly

Edit: my bad I realised the person who I am talking about is DarthMicrotransaction. However, the initial point I made, "You act like doing positive things for someone else's company and game while gaining 0% of the revenue / profit is a good thing" still stands

I was talking about all the good things he has done for the players, how you thought I meant good things for the company is beyond me.

Although since you had no clue what you tuber we were even talking about shows you’re just not paying attention today.

Lol because you're defending some random bum online.
  • Can’t wait to see how the devs spin this one. We had lots of people attempt to get gas....therefore everyone loved it!
    I’m really disappointed in gas and how everything has been setup and handled
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Post with your dev account or will the big doughnut fire u if u do
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Lmao who cares.

I was talking about all the good things he has done for the players, how you thought I meant good things for the company is beyond me.

Although since you had no clue what you tuber we were even talking about shows you’re just not paying attention today.

Wah wa wah.... wah wa wah wa..... charlie B
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

Lmao who cares.

Wah wa wah.... wah wa wah wa..... charlie B

Lol 10/10 counter argument
This discussion has been closed.