Guranteed Drops 5-330

since we always end up getting only 5 shards wouldn't you prefer to see the crystal price reduced and fix the real number on 5 shards on the packs?

it takes months to join 1300 crystals! every single time i wasted crystals on a 5-330 shards pack i always get 5 shards. for years i thought it was just bad luck, but then i talked with a few guild members and looks like it's 5 to 7 for everybody, but never more than that.

so... now that we all know that it is just a trap, wouldn't it be better for fix a cheaper crystal price and stick it to a single real number of shards?

it's really hard to join crystals and every time i waste on a pack i feel really cheated.

Replies

• Options
    now i know that, but for a long time i thought that it would be possible with some strike of luck to get 20 or 30 shards. in fact i never believed those 330, that is obvious a lie :) ...but 20 or 30, why not? sometimes i get 10 on bronzium data cards.

i really think that it would be better to reduce the crystal price and fix a correct shards number. or... at least don't make crystals so hard to get.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    "pack probabilities"
    it's like a 12% to get more than 7 shards, not sure how you can feel cheated knowing that going in.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    1) 1300 crystals is a few days' worth.

2) Crystal packs are a terribly inefficient way to spend free crystals and should not be used on the regular. If ever.

3) No, it's not never, and your anecdotal evidence means little. Pack probabilities are posted. They are heavily weighted, with 5 and 7 being the most likely values by a significant margin. You can click on Pack Probabilities and bring them up. For a standard marquee pack based on the publicly posted probabilities that are available to you before you buy a pack? Average is 7.8 shards. That's not a trap. That's the posted odds.

You're not cheated. You're making bad spending decisions and getting upset when they don't work out for you. It's a gamble. One that tells you explicitly that you probably won't win and that the average payout is skewed low.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Most of the time you got 7...so this post is invalid!

yes, i know that. i said it on my post: "i talked with a few guild members and looks like it's 5 to 7 for everybody, but never more than that" -- you are just another one confirming that it is always between 5 to 7. so... why is it invalid? i don't understand.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    "pack probabilities"
    it's like a 12% to get more than 7 shards, not sure how you can feel cheated knowing that going in.

thanks. i didn't know that. for sure that today i wasted 1300 crystals on a pack for the last time :)
  • Options
    One of the content creators (I think Ahnald?) actually got a 330 pull (droideka I think?).... but it was after he had blown a ton of crystals anyways.