GAC, what kind of strategy is this?

I encountered a GAC battle today and the opponent's toons are missing most of their mods on some of their teams. The person has 3.07M gp.

Why would they remove most of their mods? Is this to sandbag their ranking? It's making it easier on my offense, so I'm not complaining?

Replies

• HK666
    1263 posts Member
    Options
    Sandbagging isn't really effective anymore. Sounds like they just made a mistake
  • Options
    @Kluski they might not be that into winning. Participation gives a zeta mat right?
  • Options
    Thanks, I thought sandbagging wasn't too helpful anymore, and I have messed up before with mods, but not that many. It could be a thing just for rewards.
  • Options
    They may have been in the middle of moving mods when everything "set". It's unlikely, but possible.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Are you checking from their roster or the gac table?

If from the table, they got locked when they were moving mods probably. If you are checking from the roster, those mods are probably not what's set on the table.
  • Options
    I'm looking from the table to know what I will actuality be battling against.
  • Options
    I also see a fair amount of missing / underleveled / unleveled mods at around 2.8 mill GP. Not to mention countless greens and greys. The mind boggles.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    Kluski wrote: »
    I'm looking from the table to know what I will actuality be battling against.

Congrats then, you'll have a blast fighting that defense.
  • Options
    It was nice! I even got a few undersized squad wins under my belt because of it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    they probably don't care bc the rewards are so awful.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    I see opponents whose characters are missing mods on a semi regular basis. I assume they're either characters they don't use for anything else and forgot they cannibalized to mod someone else, or they were just mod swapping and forgot to put everything back.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png