"Easier for players to reach higher gear tiers”

Prev13456
Vicarious
292 posts Member
edited October 2019
Obviously, CG has forgotten about all that stuff they have said recently about making gearing up characters easier.

pj8t4lvgpux6.jpeg

They have stated pretty much the same thing several times here on the forums, not wasting more of my time looking for those posts by CG.

In fact, they have done the exact opposite by putting GAS shards in the Guild Event Store. It will take most players 4-5 months to get the shards needed to take him to 7*. That’s a whole lot of gear players will miss out on.

Such a steep investment for a just a measly 5* unlock..... I can totally understand those players who have walked away from the game over recent developments. G13, then g14 (Relics), and now a very steep unlock for a whopping 5* character. A character at 5* who isn’t viable, unlike Malek.

You guys really need to step up your game. How about following through on what you tell your players/customers. How about showing some appreciation for your customers who pay your bills. This event was a slap in the face to your veteran players.

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• It's been a minute since they said it too
  • It's actually quite concerning how disconnected CG seems to be from it's player base with the kinds of decisions it's been making and how it's statements don't line up with reality. I'm still confused about how they think gearxiii was a success and really got us excited when a statistically small number of players have been using it. And I'm saying that as one of those. I've got thirteen gear xiii toons with at least relic one on all, most at relic 4 and two.at relic seven. it's not because I like relics or how they burn through excess gear and need those #!$?& Farmable hugs to increase them. I did it because it is mandatory for certain things like the GAS event and very very helpful with geo territory. And it's very very likely to be mandatory from here on out.
  • Vicarious wrote: »
    Obviously, CG has forgotten about all that stuff they have said recently about making gearing up characters easier.

pj8t4lvgpux6.jpeg

They have stated pretty much the same thing several times here on the forums, not wasting more of my time looking for those posts by CG.

In fact, they have done the exact opposite by putting GAS shards in the Guild Event Store. It will take most players 4-5 months to get the shards needed to take him to 7*. That’s a whole lot of gear players will miss out on.

Such a steep investment for a just a measly 5* unlock..... I can totally understand those players who have walked away from the game over recent developments. G13, then g14 (Relics), and now a very steep unlock for a whopping 5* character. A character at 5* who isn’t viable, unlike Malek.

You guys really need to step up your game. How about following through on what you tell your players/customers. How about showing some appreciation for your customers who pay your bills. This event was a slap in the face to your veteran players.

Was just thinking the same thing. At this point I'm doubting that it's ever going to happen. Been a bit since they announced it as well, so I think people are justified in being upset.
  • Couldn't agree more. Got him today. He is just going to collect dust because a 5 star unlock in todays game is just not useful or fun. Do better.
  • JZ95
    167 posts Member
    "but they added kyros to the daily challenges". Ohh man get ready for it, the disconnect from reality is totally real for some of CG apologists, always rushing in their defense with their preset talking points.

CG robbed us of the most important store for gear for many many months all while a new movie is 2 months away from release, bringing potentially half a dozen or more new characters to the game, including more legendaries. I wonder how these decisions come to pass, why they are allowed to say one thing and do the opposite and get away with it every time.
    I am speechless...
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat

Care to chime in on why the promise of reaching higher gear levels faster has gone unfulfilled? I think we’d like to know why you guys about-faced on that one
  • I hope they finally lower the price of the stupid mk5 callers and furnaces, and give more than 3 lousy pieces in the shard shop. Small tiny changes, but would help a lot to get over the horrendous G9/G10 gear bottleneck
  • and as for the stupid stun guns, not seen any for more than a week in GE store! grrrr add them to dailies u want people to get to higher gear faster
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Also, when they claim to make it better, they are actually making it worse - see the removal of stun guns from fleet nodes.
  • September was the highest profit month of 2019. We will see more, not less relic/GAS type stuff as long as the big spenders keep spending bigger every time CG gives them a reason. Get over it. Play for fun or pay to win. You can not play to win. CG will not allow it. It is disgusting but it will not change.and it makes me sad but I'm not going to get mad any more. Thanks CG for no longer pretending to care about anything except the bottom line. It makes it easier to never give you another time of my hard earned money.
  • Yes, this was the biggest lie of all. They say they'll increase availability of gear while effectively closing off the biggest free source of it for 5 months.
  • By buying GS shards with GET you miss out on roughly 28.5 full stun guns. Can you feel the crunch hindered yet?
  • Indeed.

One thing I've noticed that this year all goodwill gestures have ended. Historically compensation for errors was generous and frequent. Not all releases were cash grabs.

CG has been buring up all the remaining goodwill left in the community.

For the love of god CG.

1. Reduce Cantina costs to 50 energy refresh
    2. Put stun guns in the weekly challenge
    3. Add a new tier for all of the challenges for slightly increased rewards

These small changes would generate a whole load of goodwill for you to burn in the next six months.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I wonder how intimidating it is for a new player to look at his base team and to consider how long is the path to his first g13 plus relic character... I wonder if the game is even growing now. In my guild it’s been months since we haven’t had a new guild member request. We have some open spots, we don’t have extravagant requirements. We don’t even mandate 600 a day. Yet no candidate. We used to have several poping up between territory battles or wars. It has ended.

I do think CG crossed the line at some point and badly hurt the golden goose. It’s now slowly dying...
    Post edited by Globuhl on
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I got darth Revan and can’t gear him so he’s just a paperweight platoon spot filler.

I will likely get Malak and it’ll be the same way. Either I buy the gear to gear him or I buy the shards to rank him up.
  • Yeah, I walked away a couple days ago. I'm done. I feel bad for my guild but I can't commit to this game. It isn't worth the stress and time and effort for me. There's nothing fun about SWGOH anymore and that's tragic.
  • Krashxxxx wrote: »
    September was the highest profit month of 2019. We will see more, not less relic/GAS type stuff as long as the big spenders keep spending bigger every time CG gives them a reason. Get over it. Play for fun or pay to win. You can not play to win. CG will not allow it. It is disgusting but it will not change.and it makes me sad but I'm not going to get mad any more. Thanks CG for no longer pretending to care about anything except the bottom line. It makes it easier to never give you another time of my hard earned money.

Relics were September. GAS was October. Let's not convolute the issue. September was also a month where there were 3-4 different arena teams in the top 10. I don't think that's a coincidence. People don't mind supporting (paying) when they feel like they have options.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Thanks for this post. I’m a paying customer and I agree they should keep their word.

I’m more concerned with the trend in broken mechanics. This all started with Thrawn, then Traya, then JKR, then Malak, now GAS. All of these toons restrict their opponents ability to play, which is why people get upset. CLS and JTR are perfect examples of good releases in my my opinion, they don’t control and restrict the battlefield in the same way the others do. Giving GAS abilities that ensure victory against certain toons is bad for business. There absolutely should be META teams, just not pre-determined METAs. But rather than one-upping the last META, they should nerf METAs with game breaking mechanics and give the new teams more broad and useful kits. At this rate CG will run out of options to keep the rest of the game alive.

The game will slowly become a Sith...there can be only two teams at a time (current and previous META).
  • Cue TVF....
  • I wouldn't call it a lie per se on CG part (and please understand I am NOT a CG apologist by any means), rather by the time they get around to doing it (IE: perhaps holidays or after LS Geo TB which will drive guilds apart again) it would be useless to those who need it currently.

Frankly I'm just tired of being mad at CG. They are going to do everything for the almighty dollar and anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves and setting themselves up for disappointment.

Expect the absolute worst case from CG/EA and you can't get disappointed! :)

• I wouldn't call it a lie per se on CG part (and please understand I am NOT a CG apologist by any means), rather by the time they get around to doing it (IE: perhaps holidays or after LS Geo TB which will drive guilds apart again) it would be useless to those who need it currently.

Frankly I'm just tired of being mad at CG. They are going to do everything for the almighty dollar and anyone who thinks otherwise is just fooling themselves and setting themselves up for disappointment.

Expect the absolute worst case from CG/EA and you can't get disappointed! :)

So true. For awhile I believed they were fellow SW fans doing their best to make a great SW game. Not anymore. EA corrupts everything it touches.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Also, when they claim to make it better, they are actually making it worse - see the removal of stun guns from fleet nodes.
    ...along with the doubling of fleet energy and the addition of G12/12+ pieces to fleet. On the same day they halved shard shop prices of G12 pieces. And added G12+ pieces to the shard shop.

Amazing how CG never makes it easy to gear characters if you completely ignore the multiple ways they make it easy to gear characters in one stroke in favor of focusing on the one way they make it a little harder.

Fact of the matter is CG's consistently added more sources of stuff to the game over the years, but the playerbase laser focuses on the small setbacks.
    Still not a he.

• By buying GS shards with GET you miss out on roughly 28.5 full stun guns. Can you feel the crunch hindered yet?

You can’t buy Geo Soldier shards for GET only GAS shards. Please use the proper acronym.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    IronCross wrote: »
    By buying GS shards with GET you miss out on roughly 28.5 full stun guns. Can you feel the crunch hindered yet?

You can’t buy Geo Soldier shards for GET only GAS shards. Please use the proper acronym.
    Do you get GAS from GenerAl Skywalker? Enlighten me please.

Now I feel bad for not using GOK all these years. I wonder how people understood me.