"Easier for players to reach higher gear tiers”

Replies

• Retirements in the top alliances this week have been unprecedented.
  • Slippyfist
    382 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Also, when they claim to make it better, they are actually making it worse - see the removal of stun guns from fleet nodes.
    ...along with the doubling of fleet energy and the addition of G12/12+ pieces to fleet. On the same day they halved shard shop prices of G12 pieces. And added G12+ pieces to the shard shop.

Amazing how CG never makes it easy to gear characters if you completely ignore the multiple ways they make it easy to gear characters in one stroke in favor of focusing on the one way they make it a little harder.

Fact of the matter is CG's consistently added more sources of stuff to the game over the years, but the playerbase laser focuses on the small setbacks.

Can't G12 until I can get to G11. Can't G11 without Droid Callers, Stun Guns, Carbantis, Cuffs etc. They could make relics easier thaN G1-7 and it wouldn't make any difference. If you can't get through the G9-11 bottleneck the top end is irrelevant. They know where the gear crunch is, and they have not properly addressed it at all.

I don't get a sense of "pride and accomplishment" when I use 2 full MKV Stun Guns, a full MKIII Carbanti, and a Full MK V Droid Caller to get a toon to G9 only to find out I need to farm another full MKV Stun Gun, MKIII Carbanti and oh look... Biotechs, Kryotechs...yay... But I can get the 9 toons I have at G12 to G13 maybe slightly easier IF I stop farming the stuff I need for the other 17 7* G1s in my queue.

I know it's a resource management game, and I do my best, but they have not made the gear crunch anything but marginally better overall. As I said before, they know exactly where the gear crunch is. I'm just wondering what their actual plan is.
    Post edited by Slippyfist on
  • The game was destined to die at some stage. CG are just trying to squeeze out all the money they can before it does.
  • Wookiebush wrote: »
    Slippyfist wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Also, when they claim to make it better, they are actually making it worse - see the removal of stun guns from fleet nodes.
    ...along with the doubling of fleet energy and the addition of G12/12+ pieces to fleet. On the same day they halved shard shop prices of G12 pieces. And added G12+ pieces to the shard shop.

Amazing how CG never makes it easy to gear characters if you completely ignore the multiple ways they make it easy to gear characters in one stroke in favor of focusing on the one way they make it a little harder.

Fact of the matter is CG's consistently added more sources of stuff to the game over the years, but the playerbase laser focuses on the small setbacks.

Can't G12 until I can get to G11. Can't G11 without Droid Callers, Stun Guns, Carbantis, Cuffs etc. They could make relics easier that G1-7 and it wouldn't make any difference. If you can't get through the G9-11 bottleneck the top end is irrelevant. They know where the gear crunch is, and they have not properly addressed it at all.

I don't get a sense of "pride and accomplishment" when I use 2 full MKV Stun Guns, a full MKIII Carbanti, and a Full MK V Droid Caller to get a toon to G9 only to find out I need to farm another full MKV Stun Gun, a MKIII Carbantis and oh look... Biotechs, Kryotechs...yay... But I can get the 9 toons I have a G12 to G13 maybe slightly easier IF I stop farming the stuff I need for the other 17 7* G1s in my queue.

I know it's a resource management game, and I do my best, but they have not made the gear crunch anything but marginally better overall. As I said before, they know exactly where the gear crunch is. I'm just wondering what their actual plan is.

It’s not a resource management game, it’s a resource purchasing game.

True nuff. Maybe that's their plan. They did say "easier" not cheaper lol.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Wookiebush wrote: »
    The game was destined to die at some stage. CG are just trying to squeeze out all the money they can before it does.

I wonder if that’s what’s really happening. It would make sense. Keep players paying until the final sw movie, one last content release then cut development and let it sit.

Which people have been saying since the game started, but whatever. Some day it will actually be true I guess.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Slippyfist wrote: »
    Can't G12 until I can get to G11. Can't G11 without Droid Callers, Stun Guns, Carbantis, Cuffs etc. They could make relics easier thaN G1-7 and it wouldn't make any difference. If you can't get through the G9-11 bottleneck the top end is irrelevant. They know where the gear crunch is, and they have not properly addressed it at all.

I don't get a sense of "pride and accomplishment" when I use 2 full MKV Stun Guns, a full MKIII Carbanti, and a Full MK V Droid Caller to get a toon to G9 only to find out I need to farm another full MKV Stun Gun, MKIII Carbanti and oh look... Biotechs, Kryotechs...yay... But I can get the 9 toons I have at G12 to G13 maybe slightly easier IF I stop farming the stuff I need for the other 17 7* G1s in my queue.

Different phases of development are driven by largely parallel resources. You are shard farming some units, gearing others up to G12, gearing others from 12 to 13, and relicking others using largely independent resources. You can spend standard energy on stun guns while spending fleet energy on G12 gear. And that rotation will go on indefinitely, handling things in parallel from different resource pools.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

Different phases of development are driven by largely parallel resources. You are shard farming some units, gearing others up to G12, gearing others from 12 to 13, and relicking others using largely independent resources. You can spend standard energy on stun guns while spending fleet energy on G12 gear. And that rotation will go on indefinitely, handling things in parallel from different resource pools.

Yeah that's pretty much the rotation I've gotten into. It definitely helps, and this is a great way to balance things out a little. I've been trying to scale back my shard farming a bit to focus more on gear. Heck, after I finished Carth in the fleet nodes I started using one refresh to take 10 runs at a single hard node and using the rest for gear. It's a good approach but definitely not ideal. I just hope that when they put the effort into the gear crunch the remember it's not just the high end gear people want, it's also the mid tier gear that ALL players need in great abundance.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Except shard farming uses the same energy as gear farming now that hard nodes are the default. And stun guns etc. are needed all the way to g13. Add in kyros - also normal energy - and even you should see where the problem is. And 3 kyro pieces daily aren't gonna cut it when every single character needs at least 100.
  • McMole is doing videos for Dragon Champion he got frustrated with CG when they suspended him for 30 days
    He said he was still going to have an account with SWGOH but not be as active.
    I joined the game yesterday and literally thousands of SWGOH players are already playing
    SWGOH just isn't fun anymore I'm finally ready for the Malak event and honestly am not that excited
    My honest opinion is that CG just got to greedy forgetting the FTP and dolphins
    I'm not mad don't get me wrong I'm a firm believer in capitalism however in the end the game just isn't fun anymore
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The next YouTuber opinion I care about will be the first.
  • I wonder what their staff meetings were like this week after this dumpster fire they set.
  • Raven714 wrote: »
    McMole is doing videos for Dragon Champion he got frustrated with CG when they suspended him for 30 days
    He said he was still going to have an account with SWGOH but not be as active.
    I joined the game yesterday and literally thousands of SWGOH players are already playing
    SWGOH just isn't fun anymore I'm finally ready for the Malak event and honestly am not that excited
    My honest opinion is that CG just got to greedy forgetting the FTP and dolphins
    I'm not mad don't get me wrong I'm a firm believer in capitalism however in the end the game just isn't fun anymore

DR and Malak were the first 2 toons I unlocked that I had no pleasure or excitement unlocking. Since then, the game has devolved at a rapid pace.
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    Retirements in the top alliances this week have been unprecedented.

FACTS. Plus it is absolutely crazy hard to replace top players like this. To think that only F2P is upset is way off base. I've never seen so many whales quit or completely stop spending before.
  • Mitch08 wrote: »
    capifico22 wrote: »
    Retirements in the top alliances this week have been unprecedented.

FACTS. Plus it is absolutely crazy hard to replace top players like this. To think that only F2P is upset is way off base. I've never seen so many whales quit or completely stop spending before.

I guess after they run off all the FTP and dolphins, the only players left will be the whales. They will just play against/with themselves...
  • IronCross wrote: »
    I wonder what their staff meetings were like this week after this dumpster fire they set.

Probably something like this:

We launched the Skywalker event over the weekend with no major bugs or crashes, and no reported unintended interactions yet. *Time for kudos to dev team on a current bug free release*

As usual, the forums are on fire because Skywalker is not powerful enough/way too powerful/only for the whales/not available for purchase/unlocks at 5*/gated behind the same currency as the last EC character. Would someone run the numbers on players leaving compared to new accounts for next weeks meeting?

Oh, and before we get back to work, we made a ton of money over the weekend, nice work team!
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I agree that the greed is making people quit
    How much was it to 7* GAS again
    I heard around 1200 is that correct
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Raven714 wrote: »
    I agree that the greed is making people quit
    How much was it to 7* GAS again
    I heard around 1200 is that correct

How much what?
  • My bad that was G13 not 7*
  • To get all the mods needed to gear him up someone said around 1200
    I'm sure that cant be right but then again......
  • CG may be shooting themselves in the proverbial foot by making the higher gear tiers so difficult to obtain.

I'm a 5M+ dolphin, I spend around $100/month on this game. I had all the required characters at GL12, mostly zetaed and three more zetas to spend. I considered buying the packs to up them to GL13/R3-4. But then I thought - 5* unlock + tons of expensive gear needed + 4-5 months worth of GETs just to get him to 7* + 3 or 4 zetas + weekend lost to multiple attempts. And I just walked away. Not worth it. Why pay for a toon that I won't be able to gear in the foreseeable future?

When I didn't get CLS the first time around, I felt like I should have tried harder and planned better. I felt challenged. Now I just don't care. No amount of planning could have gotten me GAS this time, only $$$.

I'll patiently wait for his return.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Raven714 wrote: »
    To get all the mods needed to gear him up someone said around 1200
    I'm sure that cant be right but then again......

$1200 to buy mods to get gear to....

Whaaaat?
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »
    Can you provide some math which proves this "significantly less" claim, counting not only high-end players? And don't forget to include other factors in calculation - with Negotiator exclusively in GET2 store it would be very misleading to blindly mark it as gear source; overall amount of characters we need to gear (with analysis of character chains - you can't gear Malak without gearing a load of other toons); and so on.

If gear flow was built in a way where we need different gear for different power levels, it would be much less problem. But instead we have a situation where we need to choose what to do - put rare piece on G9 char or put this piece on G12 char. And every update puts additional pressure on exactly same gear pieces.
    Until heatsinks, all the scrap is from excess gear. In other words not relevant.

To get to R7, you need a total of six holoprojectors (120 salvage total), a couple G12 pieces, and a G12+ piece. To go from G12 to G13 you need three G12 pieces, two G12+ pieces, plus an additional 200 pieces of heatsink level salvage and the injectors.

The amount of relevant gear to go from R0 to R7 is less than the amount of relevant gear to go from G12 to G13, and that's setting aside the fact that G12 to G13 requires specific gear, not whatever's convenient (holoprojectors for heat sinks notwithstanding).
    jklep31 wrote: »
    Krashxxxx summed it up completely:

"Play for fun or pay to win. You cannot play to win"

I've even paid what is a lot for me, but there's no way I can keep up without dropping >100/mo. That barely qualifies as a guppy in this game.

>$1000 per year to *try* to get "my" tiny replicas of fantasy cartoons to get ahead?!? I'd rather spend that money on real life.
    You cannot win at Galaxy of Heroes. The game does not have a win condition. It's not a matter of paying or not.

The question becomes what is your measure of success, and is it reasonable?

If your goal is to be number one in squad arena, that is not a reasonable definition of success. There are ten thousand people to the arena shard. Whether or not paid advantage is part of the equation, odds are you personally will never be number one. If your definition of success is being number one out of ten thousand, then you are using an unreasonable definition of success. Very few people will ever achieve it, no matter what. That's not CG making the game pay to win. That's just force of numbers.

Meanwhile, here I am. Free to play, yet for the first time ever I'm finishing on the leaderboards on the regular, which I think is doing pretty darn good. No, I'm not coming in first, but being top fifty in a ten thousand person shard seems like a fair standard of "winning" to me.

120 holo projectors is a TON of gear that's 1200 carbantis or 14 full crafted carbantis way more than the gear from g12 to 13, that's just the holo piece u also need g12+
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

120 holo projectors is a TON of gear that's 1200 carbantis or 14 full crafted carbantis

Are any of those numbers supposed to make sense?
  • Mk5 Stun guns should be added to a daily challenge.

Tank rewards need a huge boost.

Raid rewards in general could be better.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Mk5 Stun guns should be added to a daily challenge.

Tank rewards need a huge boost.

Raid rewards in general could be better.

Tank rewards are basically guild currency, and then hope to get lucky with gear every great once in a while.

I agree though, the gear should be improved on that one.
  • Liath wrote: »

120 holo projectors is a TON of gear that's 1200 carbantis or 14 full crafted carbantis

Yes they should.
    Do you understand how crafting works? Players have to use one kind of gear to make another. This may be new to you if you dont have any g13. Or maybe u have relics but are still clueless to how it all works.

Its 50 carbantis crafts to 5 holo so 10x1 ratio, easy math just add a 0... unless your rate is different than mine...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Yes they should.
    Do you understand how crafting works? Players have to use one kind of gear to make another. This may be new to you if you dont have any g13. Or maybe u have relics but are still clueless to how it all works.

Its 50 carbantis crafts to 5 holo so 10x1 ratio, easy math just add a 0... unless your rate is different than mine...

Yes, I have g13 and relics. No, I have never used or considered using carbantis to make relics since holos are an infinitely cheaper source, so why would you even look at that number at all? And in what universe is 1200 carbantis equal to 14 fully crafted carbantis?