time-management: 2-3 hours every day only for the ship-arena is too much!!

jedibaer71
575 posts Member
edited October 2019
i'm sure, some of you know, that this is not my first thread about our horrible ship-arena.

mentioned it yesterday once more in my guild-chat. in the grand-arena-championship i'm nearly always 5-8 zetas behind my opponent. only because of the zetas i missed especially in the time before the separation of the original shard. i never will be able to get them back. only some players moved up, same situation. same annoying climbing every day, i'm so tired of this...

only want to add two comments of my guild-amigos:

"My ship shard is so inactive that I get 1 everyday, dont fall out of top 10.....and I'm not even in the shard chat"

"Good lord. I actually would have stopped playing ages ago if that was my situation. Just unreal. For my ship shard, we have had 3 players quit and still over 5 weeks later have not fallen out of top 30. It's so inactive it's nuts. I fall to maybe 8 daily. Some days I don't move outside of top 3"

i don't expect nothing more. yesterday a long-term player left the chat. so perhaps there is no need to split the chat, the time will solve this problem.

and i'm not the guy who expects all day rank 1 awards in five minutes and two fights.

but an average refreshing for 150 crystals and 10-15 fights all day isn't justifiable for the time-management.
Post edited by jedibaer71 on

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    I have a guy in my guild that only has 3 negotiators in his fleet arena leaderboard eventhough he has way better ships and loads more GP than i have.
    leaderboards are unfair, but what do you expect ea/cg to do about it?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    hi @leef,

in this moment in the top50 in my fleet arena we have 28 negotiators, but i know, that some of us change to ackbar over night, because for now home one is better in defense.

Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • I start my arena battles an hour before payout and alternate them with fleet which pays out an hour later. That's about an hour spent on pvp. You're spending 3 hours? You're doing something wrong. It's you, not the game.
  • I start my arena battles an hour before payout and alternate them with fleet which pays out an hour later. That's about an hour spent on pvp. You're spending 3 hours? You're doing something wrong. It's you, not the game.

You’re not understanding his situation more like.

He’s in a super competitive fleet shard that sees people dropping well below 100 overnight. So it takes him many battles to reach the top, hence why it takes him longer.

An ally of mine quit the game for good a couple of months ago. His fleet is STILL in the top 50 of his ship shard. I often need a refresh to reach that high in my ship shard.

Some ship shards are rammed full with competitive active players. Some aren’t. His point is that this isn’t fair.
  • hi @SherveenEvergreen

just needed three fights to go from rank 11 to rank 7

i run:
    negotiator 5* (kenobi relic7)
    ahsoka (relic5)
    bossk (relic2)
    fives (relic5)
    sergeant (gear12)
    plo koon (gear 9) or jedi consul (gear12)

of course not maxed, but i can imagine, that in other shards i don't have to climb from the 40's with two refreshes to rank 1 with this fleet.

btw. my shard has 6 players in the top 10 of the most won fleet battles. i'm only 47, but believe me, i don't have ambitions to be top10...
  • Crazy to see that there are shards this competitive. The majority of the top players in both my arena and ships shards have quit. (Crazy considering how healthy the game is)

So you're spending two hours on PVP... Ok yah his three hours must mean he is terrible... Or it could just mean his shard is more competitive than yours and he drops lower over night than you do?
  • This is so interesting to me. I hate the ship aspect of this game, so the only arena thing I do is log in and quit so I get the daily credit. I’m out of the top 100, 170something, but what’s funny is my spot doesn’t change. Ever. If I did that in regular arena I’d be 500 or under.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I get #1 in my shard most days and I haven't made any significant upgrades to my arena ships since the 2nd run of Han's Falcon. I recently replaced the LandoFalcon with Ebon Hawk, but it doesn't really matter, I just wanted to change it up a bit. The lowest I ever fall is like, 12th and I never have to buy refreshes.

My shard isn't even that old, either. I have a very old squad shard (2015? 2016? whatever the first year of the game was) and a 2018 fleet shard, because I took a long break and ships didn't exist when I left, so I got a newish ship shard when I returned. The squad shard is still far more active, though; on the rare occasions when I manage a top5 finish, I'll drop to 35ish within a few hours.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I absolutely despise ships so Ive become completely fine with settling somewhere in at least the top 200. I think in the last year I have actually done about 12 total battles and never dropped out of the top 200. Every day I start a fleet arena battle and instantly click forfeit to complete the daily challenge.

So you're spending two hours on PVP... Ok yah his three hours must mean he is terrible... Or it could just mean his shard is more competitive than yours and he drops lower over night than you do?

I spend about an hour, usually less, not 2. Yes, it appears that op's shard is very competitive. That's not an indicator that something is wrong with the game. He should adjust his payout time or just get better or take it. But no major changes to the game needed just because a handful of guys are struggling. Unfortunately we're giving a few loud voices a lot of attention in this game.
  • had a dream start today, felt back only to 31, made a fight to 25,
    then was knocked back to 33, came once more to 25,
    was knocked back to 33,
    tried to come back and lost...

three fights burned to change rank 31 with 33

and so it goes all day!!
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    had a dream start today, felt back only to 31, made a fight to 25,
    was knocked back to 33,

and so it goes all day!!

Avoid the guys who don't mind spending all their daily battles on retaliation. Fight for 26 instead of 25, then your next battle gets you to top 20.
    was knocked back to 33,

and so it goes all day!!

How many % of the shard are "rogue"? Meaning hitting who they want and whenever they want? I assume you guys tried to communicate, or not? I can imagine it being hard with so many people. Could you describe the whole situation for us a little bit more in detail?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    hi @leef,

if i write something about devs, ea/cg don't take much care about our problem, i will get a warning. if i would write, that my questions in the q+a belonging health of the game, timemanagement and making the arena more time independend were not answered, i will get a warning.

How about simply suggest, what you want the developers/designers to do, just like Leef asked?
    so the only thing i can do is from time to time to bring a reminder here in the forum. wer are 49 members in the arena chat, but i'm sure some hundreds of players are affected. they only capitulated...

How about actively inviting more members to the shard chat, then ? Organize. Save time.
    if i would mention, that just yesterday a long-term player "left our arena" chat, i will get a warning, because the rules say, that it is forbidden to write something of "q****** the game"

How come? It's not against forum rules to write, that a player left the chat or the game. The forum rules only mention mentioning that the game is dead, or asking players to quit.
    in this moment in the top50 in my fleet arena we have 28 negotiators, but i know, that some of us change to ackbar over night, because for now home one is better in defense.

That's got nothing to do with your specific shard.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    hi @SherveenEvergreen

just needed three fights to go from rank 11 to rank 7

Why fight 3 battles, when you can do it with one single battle?

If you lost 2 of battles:
    Improve your fleet.

If you got dropped twice:
    Invite your competitors to your shard chat. Stop hitting them. Go around them. Organize. Save time.
    was knocked back to 33,

and so it goes all day!!

why would you hit the same guy 3 times who just hit you back?
    the obvious option would have been to go to 26 so you never got hit back its obvious the guy who just hit you might also be climbing so will hit you back.
    no wonder your spending 3 hours if you want to play ping pong with someone just for the sake of 1 spot.....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    was knocked back to 33,
    The player, who keeps knocking you back is apparently also climbing. Why do you insist on knocking him back? Why do you insist on spending more time than necessary to climb? Your opponent will probably be the next one to post about this competitive fleet shard, where he always gets knocked back when trying to climb from 33 to 25.
    Go around him. Hit rank 26 instead, and climb further your next two battles instead. Save time for both of you. Both of you will end up in higher ranks.

• Disruptor92
    835 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Waqui wrote: »
    was knocked back to 33,
    The player, who keeps knocking you back is apparently also climbing. Why do you insist on knocking him back? Why do you insist on spending more time than necessary to climb? Your opponent will probably be the next one to post about this competitive fleet shard, where he always gets knocked back when trying to climb from 33 to 25.
    Go around him. Hit rank 26 instead, and climb further your next two battles instead. Save time for both of you. Both of you will end up in higher ranks.

Believe me, there's enough people out there who would revenge back and forth to "prove a point" rather than go one rank behind and avoid each other. It doesn't have to make sense but they'll still do it. We had one guy in our shard who was pi$$ing off EVERYONE. Messing with everyone's payouts. Despite spending hundreds of crystals in order to make his own payout and in the end losing more than he earned, he still kept doing it. I guess some people just love watching the world burn.
  • 1. Only attack 1 hour before payout.
    2. Make a note of everyone pushing you back as you climb. If it happens more than occasionally, they share your payout time - Avoid attacking them again.
    3. If you have no one to attack, change your payout time.

I'm lucky that my fleet shard is fairly easy and I'm in an unusual time zone that no one else contends for. I rarely drop below #10, and generally only have to do 1-2 battles per day to reclaim #1. I don't think anyone is in the hour before me, or 5-6 hours after me, since there is no movement in that time.
  • hi @LynnYoda @Waqui
    because i am in the shard chat and cannot hit members with a payout before me, yes, also members who have their payout nearly after mine are taboo. often i have only one choice and in this case it was the no list guy. so it's the way it goes. that is, what is so annoying. in a shardchat with 49 members you have many things to respect.

@Disruptor92 yes, this makes our lives so weak. i understand the no-list-guys, who are ****** of this situation. our chat is not closed. but new members can only reach the top20 for the first time. not all want respect this. long time i wasn't in the chat. after choining, i was allowed to reach a top20 rank (nearly rank20) only after the free choice of our payout-time, i made my first rank1 in the ship arena.

btw.: free choice sounds good, and was really a good step for our quality of game(life). but we are in shardchats, we have a real life, family, jobs, so how free are we really?
    the most player had the chance to take a rank1 one alone, and this is good. but coordinate the climbing of nearly 50 guys?

with 2/3 refeshes i normally can reach my rank 1, but my real life suffers. i'm thinking about going back to a top20 rank. so no this struggle and this effort.
    but:
    the difference between a rank 1 reward and for example a top20 reweard are 450 fleet token per day
    13500 fleet token DIFFERENCE in a mounth, 162000 fleet token DIFFERNECE in a year.
    2000 fleet token for a part/zeta are: 81 part-zetas
    20 part-zetas for a full zeta: 4 full zetas DIFFERENCE! per year!

as i know me, i will play 2/3 months longer, then i will have enough. even today the most of my opponents have minimum 5 zetas more. i know, where i "lost" them.

i don't know only one member in the shard-chat, who takes care of the crystals we earn here. only interesting are the fleet token for zetas.

• so if thats the case then do a double jump instead of sitting there waiting for him to hit you back
  • @LynnYoda that's what we do normally, if we have good rng, ok, if not, back to the start.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    hi @LynnYoda @Waqui
    because i am in the shard chat and cannot hit members with a payout before me, yes, also members who have their payout nearly after mine are taboo. often i have only one choice and in this case it was the no list guy. so it's the way it goes. that is, what is so annoying. in a shardchat with 49 members you have many things to respect.

From rank 33 to rank 25, ranks 32 through 26 were all in your shard chat and have a payout near yours? Seems like your payout is very crowded. Did any of you consider moving to a less crowded payout? Spreading your payouts a bit could help all of you to higher ranks.
    ... Or maybe reconsider your rules. F. ex. how many hours before your payout are you taboo? 1 hour? 2 hours? 3? 5?

• or ask them to move? seems simple enough.
    making hard work of an easy solution
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    was knocked back to 33,

Believe me, there's enough people out there who would revenge back and forth to "prove a point" rather than go one rank behind and avoid each other.

I know. Just trying to help OP out. Breaking his pattern might be a better choice for him, instead of trying to prove his point. Could save him som time an crystals.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    @Waqui when i wake up in the morning, i have to avoid all player, who have earlier payout, and all player, who have 4 hours after me payout. there are times, when we can reach top20 and reach top10 to make a more/less coordination... and, we should pay attention, that a member, who just had his payout is not in the ranks 30+ two hours later. so we have to chose different ways to rank 1, max jumps are seldom.

@LynnYoda of course we ask each other to move, but we have a real life, families and some even a job. we are many hours in the chat, but not always. can be, that i ask a guild-member, and he moves one hour later. but then i'm busy and can do my fight another hour later, and so on...
    there are some days, when it all goes good, others days it's a big grind. today i did 8 battles, and was able to reach the top20. no drama, but i lost zeta-token... :-(
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Waqui when i wake up in the morning, i have to avoid all player, who have earlier payout, and all player, who have 4 hours after me payout.

4 hours? So, if you start climbing 2-3 hours before your own payout, you avoid hitting players who's payout is from 2-3 hours before yours to 4 hours after? And in order to do that you end up going back and forth between rank 33 and 25 instead of climbing? Well, there's the reason why you need to spend so much time climbing to top ranks. There's nothing the developers can do about those restrictions, you put on yourself. This is not a shard problem. It's a problem in your shard chat.

May I suggest that you change the rules so that you only refrain from hitting players two hours before their payout, while you are allowed to hit everyone else? Could save you all some time.

• Waqui wrote: »
    @Waqui when i wake up in the morning, i have to avoid all player, who have earlier payout, and all player, who have 4 hours after me payout.

4 hours? So, if you start climbing 2-3 hours before your own payout, you avoid hitting players who's payout is from 2-3 hours before yours to 4 hours after? And in order to do that you end up going back and forth between rank 33 and 25 instead of climbing? Well, there's the reason why you need to spend so much time climbing to top ranks. There's nothing the developers can do about those restrictions, you put on yourself. This is not a shard problem. It's a problem in your shard chat.

May I suggest that you change the rules so that you only refrain from hitting players two hours before their payout, while you are allowed to hit everyone else? Could save you all some time.

this exactly this is a problem with your shard chat trolling, 4 hours after lmfao wow