Padme is a 100pct Counter to GAS regardless of power

cmjstota106
44 posts Member
edited October 2019
So this might make you people who didn't spend on this event happy but I did and have found with my Relic7 GAS that i can beat ANY DR team and it's usually just with GAS at the end killing 4 of them however there is absolutely no chance whatsoever versus Padme it's not even close and i fall in arena in under 1min to only her. In fact i'm pretty sure you can auto it and win.

Replies

• Interesting. The DR team, minus Malak, has always been a glass cannon. Padme is far more survivable, only Malak shut her down. I think the weak element of the GAS team is ... the rest of his team. They’re just not on his level.
  • So when you're 5* GAS loses, does a hand come out of your device and slap you? Or does it happen in game? I'm always confused. Or by "real slap in the face" did you mean something else?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Wait for Arc Trooper to hit. It may change everything.
    WhoVille Sheriff - Ally Code: 244-425-158 - https://swgoh.gg/u/whovillesheriff/
    Discord: WhoVille Sheriff#3439

Guild Collaboration Founder: Just Sithed Myself
    Discord.gg/FvBdmtz
    https://swgoh.gg/g/21201/just-sithed-myself/

Honestly though, I'm not sure people would like that either. Now you need to whale and gear/star/mod up 2 toons instead of just one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Wait for Arc Trooper to hit. It may change everything.

Honestly though, I'm not sure people would like that either. Now you need to whale and gear/star/mod up 2 toons instead of just one.

You mean like needing malak to make dreven arena viable?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Cs99 wrote: »

Except for the fact that GAS is supposed to be Malak....

So no, that's not the same. It would be like if they had released another Sith Empire character later that you had to obtian, level and gear after Malak to make the team viable.

• cmjstota106
    44 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Arc Troopers kit will not help GAS beat Padme as he assisting out of turn is the worse thing you can do vs. Padme. I think GAS has made Padme more the META than himself with how easily she defeats GAS.
  • Arc Troopers kit will not help GAS beat Padme as he assisting out of turn is the worse thing you can do vs. Padme. I think GAS has made Padme more the META than himself with how easily she defeats GAS.

It's almost like Anakin said "I'm in charge here."
    Padmé's response was "Oh, okay honey."

• Palanthian wrote: »
    I think the weak element of the GAS team is ... the rest of his team. They’re just not on his level.

I think you’re right. His supporting cast is great under Rex or Shaak Ti. Not meta dominant, but close. Just lacking a cornerstone character.

GS is a great cornerstone character, but his lead doesn’t do anything for his team. It’s basically a unique that only works when he is lead. As soon as he kneels the team is not good.

If his lead had something extra (damage, or TM, or protection regen) for 501st allies while he was under cover then they could easily be THE meta. As it is GS+501 appear to be good, but beatable. I have no problem with that.
  • It's sad though when i have had the entire team wiped out while he sits and then he gets up and takes out all 5 on a DR team with relics lol.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's almost like Anakin said "I'm in charge here."
    Padmé's response was "Oh, okay honey."

Well she is older & more mature & he's always been a whiny crybaby.
  • Wrong time of the month for him to win... :wink:
  • harunalp
    81 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Unique called 'Hero with no Fear' Is inflicted with Fear by Revan.
    Padme counter general skywalker.
    clones are not as strong as sith empire units
    hk47-sith marauder-bastila-darth malak > rex,echo,ct55 :neutral::( this is a disappointment.

i have no more shards, gear, patience etc to level arc trooper if he comes out anytime soon. if he is released needing crystals etc, this will be even more unacceptable given the investment just needed to get GAS. If set up like GBA in a cantina node, this may be different.

When malak was released, it gave ?3-6 months? of a top meta team. The next movie comes out this year ... so if they are planning on putting out high end characters from the movie, the expectation would be to have a top tier team/new meta. This makes further spending towards a GAS team more annoying ... ie continuing to throw good money after bad money.

As others have said, Arc Trooper will be even worse vs Padme. All the attacks out of turn will just give the Padme team more protection.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Ikky2win wrote: »

As others have said, Arc Trooper will be even worse vs Padme. All the attacks out of turn will just give the Padme team more protection.

This might be true, but it's the same thing people said about using geos in the padme event.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

So no, that's not the same. It would be like if they had released another Sith Empire character later that you had to obtian, level and gear after Malak to make the team viable.

But maybe a new Rex "Clone's Journey" character incoming?
  • crzydroid wrote: »

But maybe a new Rex "Clone's Journey" character incoming?

But they just reworked Rex....unless you were making a joke. Then I apologize for misunderstanding. :)

• Dar_Penthar
    598 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Perhaps 5* GAS was never supposed to be Meta... (i.e. Padme sure she is great and is a soft counter to the meta but she was never meta.)

CG needs to break the cycle of unstoppable metas if they truly want to get to a Rock, Paper, Scissors meta like they have stated in the past. Perhaps this is the R, P, S set up they have wanted all along GAS > MALAK > PADME > GAS
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I'm sure that there is just going to be a hotfix adding the phrase "Sith Enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter" er ""Galactic Replublic enemies can't gain Protection Up" to GAS's kit.
  • I'm sure that there is just going to be a hotfix adding the phrase "Sith Enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter" er ""Galactic Replublic enemies can't gain Protection Up" to GAS's kit.

Again, that presumes that CG didn't test GAS against one of the 3 meta-dominant teams. EP was a completely different circumstance - it was an unforeseen interaction with an older character.

If they actually do some sort "hotfix" to make GAS teams perform better against GR, GG or DR/Malak, that would be deeply concerning. And a major indictment of their pre-release testing on every level.

• And yet it wouldn't be surprising, would it?

If a different trivial team could beat GAS (Hypothetically, zMaul sith or something, since they have the speed, and can't be crit while stealthed, which messes with GAS' cooldown increases; not to mention zMaul can do absurd dmg to Jedi and has enough potency to land Daze on the GAS team despite their massive tenacity), then I would NOT be surprised to see a 'GAS can target units in stealth' hotfix.

So yea, if their newest Super Toon can be easily beaten by a trivial existing team, than I would almost expect a hotfix. We have seen it before.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I'm sure that there is just going to be a hotfix adding the phrase "Sith Enemies can't gain bonus Turn Meter" er ""Galactic Replublic enemies can't gain Protection Up" to GAS's kit.

Again, that presumes that CG didn't test GAS against one of the 3 meta-dominant teams. EP was a completely different circumstance - it was an unforeseen interaction with an older character.

If they actually do some sort "hotfix" to make GAS teams perform better against GR, GG or DR/Malak, that would be deeply concerning. And a major indictment of their pre-release testing on every level.

I was mostly just being sarcastic, but their pre-release testing was indicted long ago. They have a pretty solid track record of releasing characters and content with major bugs (or unforseen consequences).

As an aside, my favorite is still Bastila. Release a lead where protection up is supposed to prevent debuffs, yet it doesn't work. The best part of that was all the Youtubers declaring she stunk and posting videos where it was obvious her lead wasn't preventing debuffs right from the get go, and none of them recognized it.