Who Is this GAS event supposed to be for?

Gifafi
6017 posts Member
First of all, a 17,7k req to try but 22k recommended in-game? um, 25% higher? really?? For once, a "slap in the face" isn't as far off as normal lol. I mean, it still isn't one obv, but still.

I get events that are geared towards whales/krakens/lochnessmonsters. They pay so everyone else gets a free game, and I'm fine with that, and actually approve. But, what I don't get is who the target audience/participants are for this event?

1. you can't just buy your way in. You need chars that take time and effort to get (3PO etc). So just having cash isn't enough so we can't say the event is just geared towards whales or is a cash-grab in the normal sense (also, nothing in this game is p2w or requires money, $ just speeds things up). So maybe this is just a "thank you" to all the long-term players. What, it's possible! (lol yeah ok, but bear with me).

2. So the event is geared towards long-term players. But, long-term players who have all the required chars still need a bunch of formerly useless toons (plo, JC, heck, mace too) geared to at least 10/11. Not to mention that rex's ship isn't even available ftmp. But say, like many, you knew new lstb was coming so you started/finished working on those garbage characters. So you gear them, mod them, and build their bad ships bc hey, worst case scenario you will use those gr ships once you get gk's cap ship. nbd. You got them there, sprinkled in a lil rng if needed (probably wasn't), and beat p1.

3. But then you get to p2. Most people (I think) have been working on clones, shaak, padme, gk etc. Ok, so no clones needed, but the others most have been working on in anticipation of lsgeotb. But now reports are you need them, or at least some, g13 plus relics, which is a high bar, especially considering:

4. p4 reports saying you need g13 relic'd droids, again, or at least a few g13 from what I've been seeing. So even if your guild is doing fine in geotb, you still need basically perfect sep droids, not including gg(!) to beat p4. So if you maxed chars you don't need to max for geotb, you would be set for p4. However, to even get to p4 you need to not only have first (I assume) maxed your sep droids, but also moved on to maxing padme, shaak, 3po, gk and snips (while you were also probably working on the clones that go with those chars) in order to prepare for lsgeotb (if I'm getting the name right) just to get to where you would use your maxed sep droids.

So, the event is not geared towards whales, but towards long-term players who are also whales, and who maxed not only gg's helper droids which aren't as needed for geotb, but also the right GR toons in preparation for lsgeotb. So, a subset of a subset of a subset? Again, I'm all for making money, but this seems like a terrible way to do it because you can't buy your way in, you have to be a long-term player who also spends a lot.

way TL;DR: waaaah too hard. but seriously, the way this is set up makes no sense. FOR CG I MEAN, bc the only people that can beat it are both long term players and big spenders. It discourages spending for most bc either they can't join bc no 3po etc, or the reqs are so high there's no point in spending some to pass p2 if to pass p4 they would have to spend way more. Might as well wait.
Maybe End Game isn't for you

Replies

• Options
    I've seen people beat the event with G12 everything + zetas with their only G13 being GK & B1.

I mean Malak was bad too but everyone got over it
  • Options
    What are you talking about. There is not a single useless toon needed in this event. Strong players should have had them ready at g12 at least, as they are all needed in TW and GAC.
    And yes, all of them! If you call those GR pilots useless, you should activate negotiator or should have been around during mace ship meta
  • Options
    I didn't spend any real life money.

70K saved up crystals though....
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Kalano wrote: »
    What are you talking about. There is not a single useless toon needed in this event. Strong players should have had them ready at g12 at least, as they are all needed in TW and GAC.
    And yes, all of them! If you call those GR pilots useless, you should activate negotiator or should have been around during mace ship meta

g12 not enough. mace jc and plo have always been useless. a weak mace ship "meta" with what, geos, for two seconds that couldn't touch falcon/ht? lol ok. and none of them are needed or even wanted in TW/GAC. vast majority don't have negotiator even unlocked but those that do and are using it to success fall into the second category that I mentioned. long-term big spenders
    I've seen people beat the event with G12 everything + zetas with their only G13 being GK & B1.

malak wasn't bad at all, you just needed the toons, and slightly over recommended levels.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You don’t actually need to gear Plo or JC. Not sure what you mean about Rex’s ship not being available.
  • Options
    Gifafi wrote: »

g12 not enough. mace jc and plo have always been useless. a weak mace ship "meta" with what, geos, for two seconds that couldn't touch falcon/ht? lol ok. and none of them are needed or even wanted in TW/GAC. vast majority don't have negotiator even unlocked but those that do and are using it to success fall into the second category that I mentioned. long-term big spenders

malak wasn't bad at all, you just needed the toons, and slightly over recommended levels.

Ok mace is it. You dont even need plos ship
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    You don’t actually need to gear Plo or JC. Not sure what you mean about Rex’s ship not being available.

plo/jc to get their ships to the 40k or w/e. not a big deal, p1 was easy

shards of rex's ship. I'm still 47/100 lol, and it isn't farmable except super rare in shipments
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Have you ever considered that this event wasn't made to be done even for Whales but to tease us with something extremely powerful we can work to and just get it the second time around? They literally gave us a farming plan for the next months and said "That's for you Whales too, no easy buying this time".
    Stop raging against the requirements and just be happy that only a very few people will have him right now and that even F2P players can get him the second time where he (probably) will still be very strong. And even those who got him this time will most likely need some time to get him maxed so it almost looks like a gift they made to F2Players.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    I think the point of this event is to give people something to work towards.

It may be that only "a subset of a subset" of people would be able to get it first time around. And maybe CG wanted it that way.

From a spending point of view, people might spend quickly to be ready for the second run of this event. We only have one other example of this type of event, so the time frame for it returning is up in the air. One example is hardly an exact indicator of when this will be back.

I'm glad to have something to work towards, as I have had no interest at all in the whole old republic realm of the last year. At least I know who these characters are.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

shards of rex's ship. I'm still 47/100 lol, and it isn't farmable except super rare in shipments

Yeah but you don’t have to. Neither is necessary to complete the event.

Are you talking about crystal shipments? I am certain I never spent any crystals on Rex’s ship.
  • Options

It may be that only "a subset of a subset" of people would be able to get it first time around. And maybe CG wanted it that way.

From a spending point of view, people might spend quickly to be ready for the second run of this event. We only have one other example of this type of event, so the time frame for it returning is up in the air. One example is hardly an exact indicator of when this will be back.

I'm glad to have something to work towards, as I have had no interest at all in the whole old republic realm of the last year. At least I know who these characters are.
    Pleases me that a lot are underlining this point. I really think that the majority of the player base sees it this way- another great character to work towards - of course in the forums a smaller subset of players has the loaded voice.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

my point was that it doesn't seem to make sense for CG, as opposed to other events

Yeah but you don’t have to. Neither is necessary to complete the event.

Are you talking about crystal shipments? I am certain I never spent any crystals on Rex’s ship.

well I only had 3 ships to start, so had to give someone some gear to get to the 40k

pretty sure it is only available in fleet shipments, and even then I rarely see it, and I know it was available (4 shards maybe?) in weekly shipments (crystals) right before the event started
    Pulsipher wrote: »

Pleases me that a lot are underlining this point. I really think that the majority of the player base sees it this way- another great character to work towards - of course in the forums a smaller subset of players has the loaded voice.

well yeah, most will have to work for him. not sure what the subset of loaded voices part means
  • Options
    Loudest voices ...cripes
    Autocatnipple
  • Options
    It definitely makes sense to CG. To spenders, the message is “whale out on everything because it may be needed for the next event.”
  • Satyg
    160 posts Member
    Options
    They probably have the 17,7k barrier just to make sure people don’t cheat. You can’t enter the event with a 7 star, I dunno, 7k toon and beat the event. If you gonna cheat you still need the toon to be 17,7k.

This was kinda hard to explain but I guess you understand what I’m saying?
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    I haven't seen any videos of people doing p4 without a G13.. at least 1. Perhaps more videos have come out since then. But - It's pretty hard going even if they're all G13. Look at Ahnodt101's video. He has all 4. Look at Mobile gamer who had only 2 like myself... it's a struggle. None? I wouldn't want to be on that boat when it sails. I do believe it would be possible after try # 18837237266552737728 I mean, there's a chance! j/k If droidica would just assist - like, at all, I can see it.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any videos of people doing p4 without a G13.. at least 1. Perhaps more videos have come out since then. But - It's pretty hard going even if they're all G13. Look at Ahnodt101's video. He has all 4. Look at Mobile gamer who had only 2 like myself... it's a struggle. None? I wouldn't want to be on that boat when it sails. I do believe it would be possible after try # 18837237266552737728 I mean, there's a chance! j/k If droidica would just assist - like, at all, I can see it.

I think B1 is the only G13 you need for P4 I managed with just B1 at G13
  • Options

Yeah if I had a G13 GK I could beat T2 blindfolded. But if G13 is what is required..ie...NO ONE can beat the event with what was listed when the event was announced..the 17.7k, then why even post that number???
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Lilpup wrote: »

Yeah if I had a G13 GK I could beat T2 blindfolded. But if G13 is what is required..ie...NO ONE can beat the event with what was listed when the event was announced..the 17.7k, then why even post that number???

Because it’s a minimum to enter. There’s also a different posted recommendation number. But if they made the recommendation into the minimum to enter you would have to get all of them to that power, not just GK.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it's for me apparantly.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Options
    Whoever can complete it. Next.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

Cough cough "mace" cough cough "windu" cough cough....
  • Options
    Glad I didn’t spend money to finish ShaakTi to 7* and G13. That would have **** to spend money/resources and still miss out on the event.

Next time the event comes around ill have all my additional toons needed to G13 and R4.

I’m sure I could possibly get it done with G12....but why frustrate myself spending hours of failed attempts. To spend that much time on a phone game I’d be better off going back to mmorpgs.

As a veteran of almost 4 years and a roster of 5millionGP, one would think i could have qualified with getting something the first time the event comes around....but the genius minds over there at CG shuts that way of thinking down.

Currently I’m also sitting on 70k worth of guild tokens. Like I’ve always said “farm shards 1st and gear 2nd”....after Malek I knew we’d need guild tokens for possible shards in the future..so I hoarded tokens. Just didn’t think it would be this soon. Anyways... I’m glad I did hoard tokens now that I know the requirements and token amount needed to 7* this new toon.

The question remains: will I still be here 6 months from now??? Time will tell, but by the way CG chooses to take this game..maybe I will have moved on by then. Guess I’ll see.