Lag caused purchase of in-game item

I tried to speak with someone from EA support over an online-chat regarding a crystal purchase I didn’t make. The issue is that I was collecting low-level gear in the shipments and in-game lag did not register my first tap. As a result I purchased 1,280 crystals worth of shards (16) for a character I already have at 7* (max). I have no use for this item and I do not want to convert the shards. I would like my crystals returned.

I am using an iPhone XR and I have no issues with connectivity or any other aspect of my device.

I spoke with support regarding issuing a refund for a purchase I didn’t complete. It resulted in EA ending the online chat before I could even reply again or send the chat transcript to my email for a copy.

This is pathetic and unprofessional way to treat customers. The same issue occurred in the past (using an iPhone 6) and I was refunded a fraction of the amount (in crystals) which I am fine with. EA support is now saying that if I give them the Case ID for this refund, they will report that person for doing the wrong thing - which seems to me is their way of ignoring the fact it is sometimes routine protocol.

Is there any other way I could have this issue resolved?

Replies

• NotTheChosenOne
    128 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Nope it was ur fault.

And they're basically indian tech support to its hard.

The most I ever got was 200 crystals for a 799 crystal purchase by accident
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Enjoy your shard shop currency
  • The lag is a real problem. Couple it with the double tapping issues I always have in the character screen, it's a miracle I have not yet accidentally purchased anything more significant than a bronzium card.
    Keeps getting worse. Wish they would fix this junk.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    EA Help is the only ones that can examine your account at that level. You may want to try again, that does help sometimes.

The other path you can try is reaching out to CG_SBCrumb and trying to get him to push this through customer service, but that it no always easy or a fast process.
This discussion has been closed.