guild mates getting some kind of survery asking about relics

2Next

Replies

• Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Here’s a screenshot of the in game pop up. To be clear though, they cannot remove relics. Too many people spent money on them both via crystals and via the relic packs. They would get sued from now to eternity if they just removed relics. I think it’s more of a Public Relations move to make us think they are listening to our feedback.

vwe3sju5pv9l.jpeg

Yup. And they shouldn’t remove them. I like them just fine. We need a gate of some kind to work at and provide income for the devs. And even though the bit of diversity we see now is exaggerated (because r7 characters can smash g12/13s) some characters are a bit closer in power. It’s just that they made the hill too steep for some of us by adding relics so close to adding g13. Putting 4-500 kyros on newly released characters makes it worse.

Well obviously the game is being negatively affected by relics or this survey would have never happened. If it’s hurting the game as a whole, change it or remove it.

They have also been a financial success. Do you really think they would erase their best sales moth in a year by refunding everything? That’s not a solution.

They may not believe a problem exists. I can’t say that my frustration, or the significant number of players I know who have quit is part of a noticeable trend. Even if they too are seeing a spike in people quitting, that may not constitute a problem for them if the big spenders are picking up the slack. Fair enough.

However, IF the survey is because they are concerned about player frustration/quitting, rolling back relics would be a catastrophic solution. Relics aren’t the problem I experience. It’s struggling to get enough gear for g10-12, then struggling to get enough Sith raid gear, then struggling to get enough Kyros and an entire gear level worth or stuff packed into 1 g13 finisher, THEN I can START on relics. Then after saying they would make it easier, and that kyros were to reduce other needed gear, they kept old gear requirements high, added 400-500 kyros on top of that for new characters,and they have done very little to ease the old gear crunch. Easing the earlier gates now that new ones are in place would be a more reasonable solution.
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Relics dropped in September. Someone in another post stated that September was also the game's best grossing month of 2019. I think that tells you what most people think about relics.

Again, just because something made a lot of money doesn't mean players like it. It's going into sunken cost problems. If you want to stay competitive and you spend, you will then spend on this as a necessity rather than omg i got the next cool thing. I absolutely loathed buying those relic packs but i knew if i didn't everyone else in arena would and i would lose my arena rank. I still dislike them, and don't enjoy them at all.

I didn't buy any relic packs. I still finish 1st in arena on a launch shard. But I do like relics.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, I like relics too. My only issue is the gear conversion rate for the first two levels of scrap tbh

I’d rather have relics instead of g14 that gives the same stat bumps as relic level 7 where the new gear drop rates are awful, everyone is competing for it (Raid rewards), available for crystals at a high price, and grinding specific gear to make the components
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    They probably wouldn't need a survey if they just read threads like this on their own forum
  • Options
    I think relics are fine just need to be fine tuned. As ultra said above some of the conversions are wacky.

I do like the idea of different types of gear to boost up tiers. I think this would have been huge if gear tiers started this way. G8-g12 is a convoluted mess. I also credit the devs for taking “useless gear that we have stacks of” and tuned them into important ones.

Kyros are a pain as Jacen said.

I suggested a gear and relic heist event.

I hope cg takes this feedback and fine tune all of this.

We can voice our opinion with out going into hysterics and CG can also word things more better 🙃

“Silent majority” and “data that suggest players now enjoy relics“ are a bit tone deaf. Here’s to recalibrating existing content and aiming them to a better fit!

• Options
    1012wrc72ow7.png

Not like my opinion really matters but since they asked:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    whats wrong with first 2 levels? there fine for me granted im a day 1'er so i had a ton of stuff

my only issue is cantina, it shouldn't be cantina since that is a Toon farm. mod energy would be better place as its not used as much.
    whats wrong with first 2 levels? there fine for me granted im a day 1'er so i had a ton of stuff

my only issue is cantina, it shouldn't be cantina since that is a Toon farm. mod energy would be better place as its not used as much.

im sorry, what ?!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Just took the survey. First, the relics they chose are ridiculous. Each character has something more unique than their primary weapon. Star Wars is steeped in lore and relics was a good opportunity to show it off. This is easily fixable and hopefully they will fix it in the future.

Second, at this point I’m perfectly happy leaving my toons at G11. Over the past few weeks I’ve noticed my arena shard doesn’t move at all. The top 1-200 are pretty much stagnant. I don’t know if it’s because people are quitting or they’re apathetic. Either way my team doesn’t belong in the top 125 and a year ago I would’ve been pushed right back to 200+ everyday. Now I’m easy pickings and no one seems to bother. I never thought getting to G11 was too much of an ask. Getting to gear 12 and 13 is the biggest pain point in this game. When there was only 50 characters, it probably wasn’t a big deal. Now that their is close to 200 it’s unmanageable, even for those who like to spend here and there. I’ll wager we’ll start to see a more severe dichotomy of player bases if it hasn’t already arrived.

Also, why don’t they just do an analysis of this forum and reddit to find out where the largest pain points are...seems inefficient to pay for SurveyMonkey when you have the answers right here.
  • Options
    must be random my alt (1.9m GP) got it but my main (4m GP) didnt