I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If someone keeps guessing right though, at some point it's not actually a guess.

While that's a wonderfully glib answer, that's paper-thin logic - even for you. ;)

Unless someone has "inside information" (let's not debate this here), everyone is guessing to an extent until requirements for a particular event are actually announced. Sure, there can be some well thought out and educated "guesses" - but, since CG has virtually changed the rules for every event (Malak being one of the first to require characters of a specific power level, GAS being the first character to ever require ships, etc.) it's still guessing.

How's that paper-thin logic though?
    If you're prepared for anything and everthing, there's little to no guessing involved, even if they virtually change the rules for every event.
    I would also like to point out that for this particular event it wasn't necessary to "guess" the requirements, if you're on top of your game you would have all the required characters. No one is saying that they knew this event would require these toons (aside from shaak).

You can't be prepared for every possibly ftp. It just isn't possible. Yes, if you whale on everything, you can for sure be ready. But as ftp, you have limited resources and it's not possible to have every possibility covered.

What possibilities do you think a ftp cannot have covered? The hardest part of being ready for these events is the shard farming, and with the way things have been going it's entirely possible for a ftp to be completely caught up on the farming that's already out there and to be doing multiple refreshes a day on anything new as soon as it goes to a node. When that's not quite enough, saved crystals cover the rest. The other part of the equation is gear, but you don't have to have the right people geared in advance because you can hoard gear and apply it after the requirements are known. Unless you're talking about suddenly needing a 7* Wat or Negotiator with no crystal purchases available, or unless you mean "not possible for most ftp" as opposed to actually "not possible"?

Ok let's say they drop another event next week that requires another team (let's say kit fisto jedi plus cup) now mind you, this is right after gas. Are you ready to relic 7 them f it were required?

If not you're not ready for anything. And yes I know this is a highly unlikely situation.

If everything required to gear them was available for crystals in the timeframe of the event, I could certainly g13 another team. Relic 7 on the whole team would be rough because relics haven't been out that long yet and they have yet to make any relic mats available for in-game currency, so they all have to be farmed. I haven't done 3 refreshes every single day on relic mats so I don't have as many as I could. I'm sure there are people with more relic mats hoarded than I have at this moment.

You can always reach an extreme level of absurdity that any given person wouldn't be prepared for (what if they required every single character in the game to be r7 with 2 hours notice!??!), but when we talk about being ready for anything that's remotely plausible given a moderate increase from the last level of requirements, yeah, it's possible. And in the context of a discussion about whether f2p had to get lucky/guess right to be prepared for the events that have already occurred, the implication is that if the requirements had been something different (say, Sith ships instead of GR), then those people wouldn't have been ready. And that's just simply inaccurate.

Another two teams being required at r7 isn't that big of a stretch at this point. And having another event shortly after isn't unprecedented either.

Just making the point that anything is a brood word. I never said gas was impossible ftp. But there is some level of guessing involved unless you hoard everything and gear nothing. That also has opportunity cost. If you've played since launch and already had geos pretty well maxed and only had to gear brood, that would certainly help. But that also involved a guess that they would be decent at some point.

IMO it's a huge stretch. We've never yet had an event that required all of the characters to be at the absolute max gear level available, or even particularly close to it. Nor have we had one within a week of the last one. The event we just had, despite being a jump from what had been required before, was *nowhere near* what you're suggesting.

I don't gear nothing. I didn't have my geos geared at all until DSTB came out. Then I geared them. Not on a guess that they would be decent, but because they were required for content at that moment. (And the people who did have them geared mostly didn't do that on a guess either - they did it because their ships were good.) I never gear anything on a guess, and I still manage. That's my point -- there's no guessing required.
  • Liath wrote: »
    If someone keeps guessing right though, at some point it's not actually a guess.

While that's a wonderfully glib answer, that's paper-thin logic - even for you. ;)

Unless someone has "inside information" (let's not debate this here), everyone is guessing to an extent until requirements for a particular event are actually announced. Sure, there can be some well thought out and educated "guesses" - but, since CG has virtually changed the rules for every event (Malak being one of the first to require characters of a specific power level, GAS being the first character to ever require ships, etc.) it's still guessing.

If you're prepared for anything and everthing, there's little to no guessing involved, even if they virtually change the rules for every event.
    I would also like to point out that for this particular event it wasn't necessary to "guess" the requirements, if you're on top of your game you would have all the required characters. No one is saying that they knew this event would require these toons (aside from shaak).

You can't be prepared for every possibly ftp. It just isn't possible. Yes, if you whale on everything, you can for sure be ready. But as ftp, you have limited resources and it's not possible to have every possibility covered.

What possibilities do you think a ftp cannot have covered? The hardest part of being ready for these events is the shard farming, and with the way things have been going it's entirely possible for a ftp to be completely caught up on the farming that's already out there and to be doing multiple refreshes a day on anything new as soon as it goes to a node. When that's not quite enough, saved crystals cover the rest. The other part of the equation is gear, but you don't have to have the right people geared in advance because you can hoard gear and apply it after the requirements are known. Unless you're talking about suddenly needing a 7* Wat or Negotiator with no crystal purchases available, or unless you mean "not possible for most ftp" as opposed to actually "not possible"?

Ok let's say they drop another event next week that requires another team (let's say kit fisto jedi plus cup) now mind you, this is right after gas. Are you ready to relic 7 them f it were required?

If not you're not ready for anything. And yes I know this is a highly unlikely situation.

If everything required to gear them was available for crystals in the timeframe of the event, I could certainly g13 another team. Relic 7 on the whole team would be rough because relics haven't been out that long yet and they have yet to make any relic mats available for in-game currency, so they all have to be farmed. I haven't done 3 refreshes every single day on relic mats so I don't have as many as I could. I'm sure there are people with more relic mats hoarded than I have at this moment.

You can always reach an extreme level of absurdity that any given person wouldn't be prepared for (what if they required every single character in the game to be r7 with 2 hours notice!??!), but when we talk about being ready for anything that's remotely plausible given a moderate increase from the last level of requirements, yeah, it's possible. And in the context of a discussion about whether f2p had to get lucky/guess right to be prepared for the events that have already occurred, the implication is that if the requirements had been something different (say, Sith ships instead of GR), then those people wouldn't have been ready. And that's just simply inaccurate.

Another two teams being required at r7 isn't that big of a stretch at this point. And having another event shortly after isn't unprecedented either.

Just making the point that anything is a brood word. I never said gas was impossible ftp. But there is some level of guessing involved unless you hoard everything and gear nothing. That also has opportunity cost. If you've played since launch and already had geos pretty well maxed and only had to gear brood, that would certainly help. But that also involved a guess that they would be decent at some point.

IMO it's a huge stretch. We've never yet had an event that required all of the characters to be at the absolute max gear level available, or even particularly close to it. Nor have we had one within a week of the last one. The event we just had, despite being a jump from what had been required before, was *nowhere near* what you're suggesting.

I don't gear nothing. I didn't have my geos geared at all until DSTB came out. Then I geared them. Not on a guess that they would be decent, but because they were required for content at that moment. (And the people who did have them geared mostly didn't do that on a guess either - they did it because their ships were good.) I never gear anything on a guess, and I still manage. That's my point -- there's no guessing required.

You said ready for anything. And they may release r10 before that and wait a few weeks.

I don't gear things on a guess either. But between earing geos, relicing my arena team, and putting a little gear on some key raid characters or teams I use in gac, I had not nearly enough hoarded.

Maybe I should have allocated things differently or geared padme and droids for a gac team sooner. Nut that woukd have been guessing they would be good. I've played about 3 yrs now and have been competitive in arena for over a year. I am nowhere close to having enough g12 toons for gac so that I can just hoard all the gear I need. But maybe launch players have that much more gear.

Or maybe some that claim to get things ftp are whales that already had a sea of gold and then brag they got something ftp.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

You said ready for anything. And they may release r10 before that and wait a few weeks.

I don't gear things on a guess either. But between earing geos, relicing my arena team, and putting a little gear on some key raid characters or teams I use in gac, I had not nearly enough hoarded.

Maybe I should have allocated things differently or geared padme and droids for a gac team sooner. Nut that woukd have been guessing they would be good. I've played about 3 yrs now and have been competitive in arena for over a year. I am nowhere close to having enough g12 toons for gac so that I can just hoard all the gear I need. But maybe launch players have that much more gear.

Or maybe some that claim to get things ftp are whales that already had a sea of gold and then brag they got something ftp.

I guarantee with 100% certainty that there are not 100 f2p players in @No_Try 's guild.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »
    The real meta is the shard chat.

Oh you're one of those people.

There are tons of people in my shard chat. Over 100. Granted some of them no longer play, but there's at least 75 (3 out of 4 rough guess) actively playing. And since Malak came out, most of them can't get to 1, and I rarely fall out of the top 30.

The real meta is not the shard chat, at least on my shard. The real meta is the actual meta (squad) and mods.

Ok. It's like that here. We are about 30 here with some extensions that we don't touch due to their silent cooperative behaviour. Except quitters there's not a single one that fell out of the race completely. Day 1 shard.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    The real meta is the shard chat.

Oh you're one of those people.

There are tons of people in my shard chat. Over 100. Granted some of them no longer play, but there's at least 75 (3 out of 4 rough guess) actively playing. And since Malak came out, most of them can't get to 1, and I rarely fall out of the top 30.

The real meta is not the shard chat, at least on my shard. The real meta is the actual meta (squad) and mods.

Ok. It's like that here. We are about 30 here with some extensions that we don't touch due to their silent cooperative behaviour. Except quitters there's not a single one that fell out of the race completely. Day 1 shard.

That's a lunch shard bingo!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I think in the context of the discussion in this thread, you understood that I was talking about being ready for anything that they have or reasonably might throw at us. As in, there's no guesswork or luck required to have gotten these characters. Obviously I'm not ready for them to suddenly require 100 completely maxed characters at once - but that's not a very interesting discussion either.

If they release r10 and then wait a few weeks then it's a different conversation. You asked me if I would be ready if they required a full r7 team next week. If you ask me if I can be ready if they require a full r7 team a few weeks after raising the bar to r10? Then yes, yes I can.

I'm not a launch player either. I've played 1.5 months over the three years you mentioned. You know full well that there are a lot of variables and a lot of choices involved here. You could have hoarded more. You chose other things, and you weren't ready. Does that mean it's not possible for f2p players to be ready? Of course not. It just means you weren't.

I use some g11 characters in GAC, but I'm fine with that. I don't feel the need to have 100% g12 or better for every GAC offense and defense team. Since GAC matches you on your top 80 characters, raising the floor of those characters can just as easily hurt you as help you. It's a matter of choices and priorities. But it's not a matter of luck.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Just to put down some data (which I bet many will call a lie) 12/100 got GAS in my f2p guild. Their tactic was as mentioned. They were both semi-prepared and burnt their piles.

Before we saw the event I was thinking I would make it, but the droid team broke my back. Without a decent pile I missed g13ing b1. Way above the entry barrier, I still missed it.

And total amount of GASes on swgoh.gg numbers at close to 7k compared to 15k first time malaks. CG certainly dialled up the ante quite a bit (for not good enough returns).

The game has became less f2p friendly these days. But that's also an indication it's less spender friendly too. They are milking the playerbase hard. We'll see whether they are now in the slippery slope or if there'll be a balancing act to a degree.

12/100 isn't that bad considering only 882 f2p players unlocked malak.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Seems I'm riding with the craziest bunch xD. The most dedicated high end f2p folk are falling one by one though.

The real breaking point for seasoned f2p is if this release immediately took over and was uncounterable. Both doesn't look like the case. I missed metas in the past, I'll survive fine. The real meta is the shard chat.

huh, so is that 12/100 an indication that it's easy or hard? I'm lost.
    No offense, but it's not like your guild is all that impressive when i'm looking at the average arena ranks. For reference, how many malaks did your guild unlock?

I think it's quite hard, harder than it ever was. The number is impressive imo given the extreme conditions. I was in a typical mixed bag guild at all spending rates at malak time. I don't know the malak numbers on first event here. During the 4 months I've been here, there was constant quitting. You're right that our arena rank averages are falling. The best are burning out. On tws there's a visible difference of g13/r's with the guilds we get matched up with. The game was in an era accounts were on more even terms before the recent months events.

I'm proud of my guild since playing along with other people that has the same resources/troubles as me invigorated my interest in the game. But my mention of them is merely to lay out a certain player state I have experience of. I'm ok with people being impressed or not caring. Please do let me know if there are other guilds that are by principle trying to get an f2p bunch together.

I'm also at the end of my rope, mainly because I'm burning out on daily arena dash almost every day for years. Can't see any game events changing the inclination in the long term.

I think in the context of the discussion in this thread, you understood that I was talking about being ready for anything that they have or reasonably might throw at us. As in, there's no guesswork or luck required to have gotten these characters. Obviously I'm not ready for them to suddenly require 100 completely maxed characters at once - but that's not a very interesting discussion either.

If they release r10 and then wait a few weeks then it's a different conversation. You asked me if I would be ready if they required a full r7 team next week. If you ask me if I can be ready if they require a full r7 team a few weeks after raising the bar to r10? Then yes, yes I can.

I'm not a launch player either. I've played 1.5 months over the three years you mentioned. You know full well that there are a lot of variables and a lot of choices involved here. You could have hoarded more. You chose other things, and you weren't ready. Does that mean it's not possible for f2p players to be ready? Of course not. It just means you weren't.

I use some g11 characters in GAC, but I'm fine with that. I don't feel the need to have 100% g12 or better for every GAC offense and defense team. Since GAC matches you on your top 80 characters, raising the floor of those characters can just as easily hurt you as help you. It's a matter of choices and priorities. But it's not a matter of luck.

I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

In the past hoarding two vaults worth of crystals was enough to get you there. This time it was hoard two or three vaults, have 500 extra stun guns, hoard finishers. Or hoard 4 or 5 vaults.

If they keep the escalation up the next event will require hoarding 6 vaults or something crazy. The math just stops working for ftp at some point. Assuming something drops in December and I hoard every crystal that's about 4 vaults (1000 a day for 60) about the max for a ftp.

And that's with no improvement for an arena team or for tb or for finishing the toons for gas. Or for gearing a counter. I would guess you either have to use gear received form other sources to do those things. So four vaults and some gear.

My fo are g9 and g10 because they aren't all that useful. My resistance are in slightly better shape at g12 for the main jtr raid team but lessor used characters like rose and holdo are barely unlocked. If they are required at r3 (or higher simce they always escalate) it'll easily take 4 vaults of hoarded crystals.

And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.

Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two. If you guessed right you may make it but if you guessed wrong, you probably won't.

So quit pretending it is always clear what is out there and you can always be prepared. You may be a better guesser but that doesn't mean you can always get everything without some luck. And I haven't eveb brought up rng.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    my f2p guild.

I'd love to know how you know it's f2p.

Blasters have been setup years ago. In 2016 I think. I got here 4 months ago. They asked me pretty clearly if I ever spent anything on my account. My answer was the same as what I would have given you. Considering my experience with them, not a single folk has done anything out of the means of f2p during the time I've been here. F2p is considered the main theme of the guild from it's beginning.

It's simply a choice and special interest. I wouldn't be able to know if some in here are actually spenders. Don't see the point though. It's not like there's any benefit to being in this guild besides self enjoyment. They might all be lying as well as me lying about being f2p, for what though? Take it as it is.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I guarantee with 100% certainty that there are not 100 f2p players in @No_Try 's guild.

Would you like to solidify that claim? My account is one of the top 3. You should be as well be able to claim the same for me.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Would you like to solidify that claim? My account is one of the top 3. You should be as well be able to claim the same for me.

There is no way to prove that you or anyone else is f2p other than if CG were to divulge that information, which they won't. So yeah, I'm pretty darn sure that there's at minimum a few, if not many, in your guild that are exaggerating their f2p status.

If you like I can lower my 100% guarantee to 99%.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

There is no way to prove that you or anyone else is f2p other than if CG were to divulge that information, which they won't. So yeah, I'm pretty darn sure that there's at minimum a few, if not many, in your guild that are exaggerating their f2p status.

Lol, ok. Yeah there's no way to prove anyone's f2p...much like where they live or their gender. Have you gotten your cheque this month? Mine are coming along fine.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Lol, ok. Yeah there's no way to prove anyone's f2p...much like where they live or their gender.

Correct. And there's reasons for people to lie about all of these things. And they do.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

Lol, ok. Yeah there's no way to prove anyone's f2p...much like where they live or their gender.

Correct. And there's reasons for people to lie about all of these things. And they do.

Ok, so you can safely ignore how things look from my end of the community. Whether anyone can be proven to be f2p has little to do with what I said about the state of f2p though.

I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.

That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

But once you whale, you're not ftp.
  • You should have just continued to hoard until the 2nd time the event came around... since you couldn’t take him to 7 stars he’s not as useful.. it’s going to take you a while to get the GET that’s needed to 7 star him by that time the event will probably be back..
  • Alright I'll make sure to tell CG to finish it off once and for all.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Just to put down some data (which I bet many will call a lie) 12/100 got GAS in my f2p guild. Their tactic was as mentioned. They were both semi-prepared and burnt their piles.

Before we saw the event I was thinking I would make it, but the droid team broke my back. Without a decent pile I missed g13ing b1. Way above the entry barrier, I still missed it.

And total amount of GASes on swgoh.gg numbers at close to 7k compared to 15k first time malaks. CG certainly dialled up the ante quite a bit (for not good enough returns).

The game has became less f2p friendly these days. But that's also an indication it's less spender friendly too. They are milking the playerbase hard. We'll see whether they are now in the slippery slope or if there'll be a balancing act to a degree.

Yeah, it's pretty good. Seems I'm riding with the craziest bunch xD. The most dedicated high end f2p folk are falling one by one though.

The real breaking point for seasoned f2p is if this release immediately took over and was uncounterable. Both doesn't look like the case. I missed metas in the past, I'll survive fine. The real meta is the shard chat.

No offense, but it's not like your guild is all that impressive when i'm looking at the average arena ranks. For reference, how many malaks did your guild unlock?

I think it's quite hard, harder than it ever was. The number is impressive imo given the extreme conditions. I was in a typical mixed bag guild at all spending rates at malak time. I don't know the malak numbers on first event here. During the 4 months I've been here, there was constant quitting. You're right that our arena rank averages are falling. The best are burning out. On tws there's a visible difference of g13/r's with the guilds we get matched up with. The game was in an era accounts were on more even terms before the recent months events.

I'm proud of my guild since playing along with other people that has the same resources/troubles as me invigorated my interest in the game. But my mention of them is merely to lay out a certain player state I have experience of. I'm ok with people being impressed or not caring. Please do let me know if there are other guilds that are by principle trying to get an f2p bunch together.

I'm also at the end of my rope, mainly because I'm burning out on daily arena dash almost every day for years. Can't see any game events changing the inclination in the long term.

i'm not interresting in saying anything negative about anyone's guild, i don't care about that. I was just confused when you came here putting some data what said data was supposed to mean.
    I thought you meant it as a low number, but after looking at your guild i think it's actually a high number considering your claim that everyone's f2p, so i'm not sure what that says about the event.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

i'm not interresting in saying anything negative about anyone's guild, i don't care about that. I was just confused when you came here putting some data what said data was supposed to mean.
    I thought you meant it as a low number, but after looking at your guild i think it's actually a high number considering your claim that everyone's f2p, so i'm not sure what that says about the event.

The expected investment of the event is huge. And everyone that got it burnt significant portion of their stash. I consider the numbers low. If this sets a new bar, even arena farming f2p will have to pick and choose in between events.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

The expected investment of the event is huge. And everyone that got it burnt significant portion of their stash. I consider the numbers low. If this sets a new bar, even arena farming f2p will have to pick and choose in between events.

What made you reach that conclusion now instead of after any previous event?
    I mean, only 882 f2p players unlocked Malak, so i'd say it's a given that even "arena farming f2p" will have to pick and choose. You're basically kicking in open doors but you say it like it something new with this event.
    PS. i've given up on the 12/100, apparantly it just means nothing and wasn't mentioned for any reason other than to mention it.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member

I mean, only 882 f2p players unlocked Malak, so i'd say it's a given that even "arena farming f2p" will have to pick and choose. You're basically kicking in open doors but you say it like it something new with this event.
    PS. i've given up on the 12/100, apparantly it just means nothing and wasn't mentioned for any reason other than to mention it.

I don't know what grand narrative you expect me to drive at. Told you my take on it is this event introduced elevated difficulty. None of us will know any total statistics unless cg outright comes out and tells us. The one we do know is 15k malaks to 7k gases out of the 300k sample on swgoh.gg.

• leef
    13458 posts Member

I don't know what grand narrative you expect me to drive at. Told you my take on it is this event introduced elevated difficulty. None of us will know any total statistics unless cg outright comes out and tells us. The one we do know is 15k malaks to 7k gases out of the 300k sample on swgoh.gg.

Like i said, i've given up.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.
  • TVF wrote: »

I can 99% garauntee that TVF doesn't even play SWGOH. Prove me wrong.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

99% garauntee it's a friend's account that you paid to change their name. No way to prove me wrong.
    See how meaningless a 99% garauntee is when there is no way to prove otherwise?
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

99% garauntee it's a friend's account that you paid to change their name. No way to prove me wrong.

Is this meant to invalidate my point? If anything you're supporting it.

Is this meant to invalidate my point? If anything you're supporting it.

Nah. You made a garauntee that his guild isn't ftp without supporting evidence.