Good try, but a FTP is still alive

1235Next

Replies

  • TVF
    17202 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If someone keeps guessing right though, at some point it's not actually a guess.

    While that's a wonderfully glib answer, that's paper-thin logic - even for you. ;)

    Unless someone has "inside information" (let's not debate this here), everyone is guessing to an extent until requirements for a particular event are actually announced. Sure, there can be some well thought out and educated "guesses" - but, since CG has virtually changed the rules for every event (Malak being one of the first to require characters of a specific power level, GAS being the first character to ever require ships, etc.) it's still guessing.

    How's that paper-thin logic though?
    If you're prepared for anything and everthing, there's little to no guessing involved, even if they virtually change the rules for every event.
    I would also like to point out that for this particular event it wasn't necessary to "guess" the requirements, if you're on top of your game you would have all the required characters. No one is saying that they knew this event would require these toons (aside from shaak).

    You can't be prepared for every possibly ftp. It just isn't possible. Yes, if you whale on everything, you can for sure be ready. But as ftp, you have limited resources and it's not possible to have every possibility covered.

    What possibilities do you think a ftp cannot have covered? The hardest part of being ready for these events is the shard farming, and with the way things have been going it's entirely possible for a ftp to be completely caught up on the farming that's already out there and to be doing multiple refreshes a day on anything new as soon as it goes to a node. When that's not quite enough, saved crystals cover the rest. The other part of the equation is gear, but you don't have to have the right people geared in advance because you can hoard gear and apply it after the requirements are known. Unless you're talking about suddenly needing a 7* Wat or Negotiator with no crystal purchases available, or unless you mean "not possible for most ftp" as opposed to actually "not possible"?

    Ok let's say they drop another event next week that requires another team (let's say kit fisto jedi plus cup) now mind you, this is right after gas. Are you ready to relic 7 them f it were required?

    If not you're not ready for anything. And yes I know this is a highly unlikely situation.

    If everything required to gear them was available for crystals in the timeframe of the event, I could certainly g13 another team. Relic 7 on the whole team would be rough because relics haven't been out that long yet and they have yet to make any relic mats available for in-game currency, so they all have to be farmed. I haven't done 3 refreshes every single day on relic mats so I don't have as many as I could. I'm sure there are people with more relic mats hoarded than I have at this moment.

    You can always reach an extreme level of absurdity that any given person wouldn't be prepared for (what if they required every single character in the game to be r7 with 2 hours notice!??!), but when we talk about being ready for anything that's remotely plausible given a moderate increase from the last level of requirements, yeah, it's possible. And in the context of a discussion about whether f2p had to get lucky/guess right to be prepared for the events that have already occurred, the implication is that if the requirements had been something different (say, Sith ships instead of GR), then those people wouldn't have been ready. And that's just simply inaccurate.

    Another two teams being required at r7 isn't that big of a stretch at this point. And having another event shortly after isn't unprecedented either.

    Just making the point that anything is a brood word. I never said gas was impossible ftp. But there is some level of guessing involved unless you hoard everything and gear nothing. That also has opportunity cost. If you've played since launch and already had geos pretty well maxed and only had to gear brood, that would certainly help. But that also involved a guess that they would be decent at some point.

    IMO it's a huge stretch. We've never yet had an event that required all of the characters to be at the absolute max gear level available, or even particularly close to it. Nor have we had one within a week of the last one. The event we just had, despite being a jump from what had been required before, was *nowhere near* what you're suggesting.

    I don't gear nothing. I didn't have my geos geared at all until DSTB came out. Then I geared them. Not on a guess that they would be decent, but because they were required for content at that moment. (And the people who did have them geared mostly didn't do that on a guess either - they did it because their ships were good.) I never gear anything on a guess, and I still manage. That's my point -- there's no guessing required.

    You said ready for anything. And they may release r10 before that and wait a few weeks.

    I don't gear things on a guess either. But between earing geos, relicing my arena team, and putting a little gear on some key raid characters or teams I use in gac, I had not nearly enough hoarded.

    Maybe I should have allocated things differently or geared padme and droids for a gac team sooner. Nut that woukd have been guessing they would be good. I've played about 3 yrs now and have been competitive in arena for over a year. I am nowhere close to having enough g12 toons for gac so that I can just hoard all the gear I need. But maybe launch players have that much more gear.

    Or maybe some that claim to get things ftp are whales that already had a sea of gold and then brag they got something ftp.

    I guarantee with 100% certainty that there are not 100 f2p players in @No_Try 's guild.

    Would you like to solidify that claim? My account is one of the top 3. You should be as well be able to claim the same for me.

    There is no way to prove that you or anyone else is f2p other than if CG were to divulge that information, which they won't. So yeah, I'm pretty darn sure that there's at minimum a few, if not many, in your guild that are exaggerating their f2p status.

    If you like I can lower my 100% guarantee to 99%.

    I can 99% garauntee that TVF doesn't even play SWGOH. Prove me wrong.

    https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

    99% garauntee it's a friend's account that you paid to change their name. No way to prove me wrong.
    See how meaningless a 99% garauntee is when there is no way to prove otherwise?

    Is this meant to invalidate my point? If anything you're supporting it.

    Nah. You made a garauntee that his guild isn't ftp without supporting evidence.

    You've missed my point and your argument supported that point.

    And beyond that, the odds of me spending my time here when I don't play the game and in fact go through the trouble of having a friend pretend to be me are so much longer than anyone in a 100 member guild lying about their f2p status that it's not even worth addressing your point any further, because it makes your point irrelevant.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If someone keeps guessing right though, at some point it's not actually a guess.

    While that's a wonderfully glib answer, that's paper-thin logic - even for you. ;)

    Unless someone has "inside information" (let's not debate this here), everyone is guessing to an extent until requirements for a particular event are actually announced. Sure, there can be some well thought out and educated "guesses" - but, since CG has virtually changed the rules for every event (Malak being one of the first to require characters of a specific power level, GAS being the first character to ever require ships, etc.) it's still guessing.

    How's that paper-thin logic though?
    If you're prepared for anything and everthing, there's little to no guessing involved, even if they virtually change the rules for every event.
    I would also like to point out that for this particular event it wasn't necessary to "guess" the requirements, if you're on top of your game you would have all the required characters. No one is saying that they knew this event would require these toons (aside from shaak).

    You can't be prepared for every possibly ftp. It just isn't possible. Yes, if you whale on everything, you can for sure be ready. But as ftp, you have limited resources and it's not possible to have every possibility covered.

    What possibilities do you think a ftp cannot have covered? The hardest part of being ready for these events is the shard farming, and with the way things have been going it's entirely possible for a ftp to be completely caught up on the farming that's already out there and to be doing multiple refreshes a day on anything new as soon as it goes to a node. When that's not quite enough, saved crystals cover the rest. The other part of the equation is gear, but you don't have to have the right people geared in advance because you can hoard gear and apply it after the requirements are known. Unless you're talking about suddenly needing a 7* Wat or Negotiator with no crystal purchases available, or unless you mean "not possible for most ftp" as opposed to actually "not possible"?

    Ok let's say they drop another event next week that requires another team (let's say kit fisto jedi plus cup) now mind you, this is right after gas. Are you ready to relic 7 them f it were required?

    If not you're not ready for anything. And yes I know this is a highly unlikely situation.

    If everything required to gear them was available for crystals in the timeframe of the event, I could certainly g13 another team. Relic 7 on the whole team would be rough because relics haven't been out that long yet and they have yet to make any relic mats available for in-game currency, so they all have to be farmed. I haven't done 3 refreshes every single day on relic mats so I don't have as many as I could. I'm sure there are people with more relic mats hoarded than I have at this moment.

    You can always reach an extreme level of absurdity that any given person wouldn't be prepared for (what if they required every single character in the game to be r7 with 2 hours notice!??!), but when we talk about being ready for anything that's remotely plausible given a moderate increase from the last level of requirements, yeah, it's possible. And in the context of a discussion about whether f2p had to get lucky/guess right to be prepared for the events that have already occurred, the implication is that if the requirements had been something different (say, Sith ships instead of GR), then those people wouldn't have been ready. And that's just simply inaccurate.

    Another two teams being required at r7 isn't that big of a stretch at this point. And having another event shortly after isn't unprecedented either.

    Just making the point that anything is a brood word. I never said gas was impossible ftp. But there is some level of guessing involved unless you hoard everything and gear nothing. That also has opportunity cost. If you've played since launch and already had geos pretty well maxed and only had to gear brood, that would certainly help. But that also involved a guess that they would be decent at some point.

    IMO it's a huge stretch. We've never yet had an event that required all of the characters to be at the absolute max gear level available, or even particularly close to it. Nor have we had one within a week of the last one. The event we just had, despite being a jump from what had been required before, was *nowhere near* what you're suggesting.

    I don't gear nothing. I didn't have my geos geared at all until DSTB came out. Then I geared them. Not on a guess that they would be decent, but because they were required for content at that moment. (And the people who did have them geared mostly didn't do that on a guess either - they did it because their ships were good.) I never gear anything on a guess, and I still manage. That's my point -- there's no guessing required.

    You said ready for anything. And they may release r10 before that and wait a few weeks.

    I don't gear things on a guess either. But between earing geos, relicing my arena team, and putting a little gear on some key raid characters or teams I use in gac, I had not nearly enough hoarded.

    Maybe I should have allocated things differently or geared padme and droids for a gac team sooner. Nut that woukd have been guessing they would be good. I've played about 3 yrs now and have been competitive in arena for over a year. I am nowhere close to having enough g12 toons for gac so that I can just hoard all the gear I need. But maybe launch players have that much more gear.

    Or maybe some that claim to get things ftp are whales that already had a sea of gold and then brag they got something ftp.

    I guarantee with 100% certainty that there are not 100 f2p players in @No_Try 's guild.

    Would you like to solidify that claim? My account is one of the top 3. You should be as well be able to claim the same for me.

    There is no way to prove that you or anyone else is f2p other than if CG were to divulge that information, which they won't. So yeah, I'm pretty darn sure that there's at minimum a few, if not many, in your guild that are exaggerating their f2p status.

    If you like I can lower my 100% guarantee to 99%.

    I can 99% garauntee that TVF doesn't even play SWGOH. Prove me wrong.

    https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

    Legit and non sarcastic question... why G13R1 on Daka? HSTR? GAC? For funsies?
  • Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.

    I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

    I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.

    Maybe the reason people don't believe that you're ftp is that you claim all of the following.

    1. Have every character starred or pretty close. This is obviously possible and most launch ftp probably have this done just from running out of farms.

    2. You claim you haven't played since launch. So that makes number 1 less likely but still possible.

    3. You claim to always unlock every legendary/journey/confrontation character easily on the first try. Again possible but hard to do.

    4. You claim to still have significant crystals/gear stashed after the event. This one I don't buy. These events are typically tuned to drain resources even if you get them the first time. You'd have to pretty much not spend crystals on anything else and not gear toons hardly at all to do this. And you've also claimed to have every toon almost ready which eats crystals.


    Put together, they sound more like the characteristics of a whale (maybe one that spends smartly but still a whale). As you said there is no proof but I have only the evidence that I have. You could share your .gg account. If your roster is lean, I'd be more likely to believe you since to hoard so much, you'd have to be lean ftp.
  • Legit and non sarcastic question... why G13R1 on Daka? HSTR? GAC? For funsies?
    Makes sense to me. Daka has one of the best finishers in the game, making her very difficult to take down, and R1 is almost free. And Nightsisters are one of the most valuable teams in the game in most modes.
    Still not a he.
  • Liath
    4858 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.

    I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

    I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.

    Maybe the reason people don't believe that you're ftp is that you claim all of the following.

    1. Have every character starred or pretty close. This is obviously possible and most launch ftp probably have this done just from running out of farms.

    2. You claim you haven't played since launch. So that makes number 1 less likely but still possible.

    3. You claim to always unlock every legendary/journey/confrontation character easily on the first try. Again possible but hard to do.

    4. You claim to still have significant crystals/gear stashed after the event. This one I don't buy. These events are typically tuned to drain resources even if you get them the first time. You'd have to pretty much not spend crystals on anything else and not gear toons hardly at all to do this. And you've also claimed to have every toon almost ready which eats crystals.


    Put together, they sound more like the characteristics of a whale (maybe one that spends smartly but still a whale). As you said there is no proof but I have only the evidence that I have. You could share your .gg account. If your roster is lean, I'd be more likely to believe you since to hoard so much, you'd have to be lean ftp.

    I don’t have a .gg account. If you’d like I will PM you my ally code. But again, it’s your problem if you choose not to believe me.

    “Easily” is not a word I’ve used. I would not consider my t7 of Chewie to have been easy, for example, since I was doing it without Bossk.
  • Snake2
    1376 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.

    I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

    I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.

    Maybe the reason people don't believe that you're ftp is that you claim all of the following.

    1. Have every character starred or pretty close. This is obviously possible and most launch ftp probably have this done just from running out of farms.

    2. You claim you haven't played since launch. So that makes number 1 less likely but still possible.

    3. You claim to always unlock every legendary/journey/confrontation character easily on the first try. Again possible but hard to do.

    4. You claim to still have significant crystals/gear stashed after the event. This one I don't buy. These events are typically tuned to drain resources even if you get them the first time. You'd have to pretty much not spend crystals on anything else and not gear toons hardly at all to do this. And you've also claimed to have every toon almost ready which eats crystals.


    Put together, they sound more like the characteristics of a whale (maybe one that spends smartly but still a whale). As you said there is no proof but I have only the evidence that I have. You could share your .gg account. If your roster is lean, I'd be more likely to believe you since to hoard so much, you'd have to be lean ftp.

    I don't know liath, but I had a 100% f2p friend that got everything in the first go, and had 100k crystals banked with GAS requirements met.

    He quit the game due to boredom before GAS came out, but he would've easily unlocked
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Legit and non sarcastic question... why G13R1 on Daka? HSTR? GAC? For funsies?
    Makes sense to me. Daka has one of the best finishers in the game, making her very difficult to take down, and R1 is almost free. And Nightsisters are one of the most valuable teams in the game in most modes.

    I ask cuz I’m currently gearing them.... my order of priority is currently MT, AV, Then Dana. Sounds like Daka is better though?
  • TVF
    17202 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Legit and non sarcastic question... why G13R1 on Daka? HSTR? GAC? For funsies?
    Makes sense to me. Daka has one of the best finishers in the game, making her very difficult to take down, and R1 is almost free. And Nightsisters are one of the most valuable teams in the game in most modes.

    I ask cuz I’m currently gearing them.... my order of priority is currently MT, AV, Then Dana. Sounds like Daka is better though?

    There is no Dana only Zuul.
    TVF's guild is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • No_Try
    3796 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Legit and non sarcastic question... why G13R1 on Daka? HSTR? GAC? For funsies?
    Makes sense to me. Daka has one of the best finishers in the game, making her very difficult to take down, and R1 is almost free. And Nightsisters are one of the most valuable teams in the game in most modes.

    I ask cuz I’m currently gearing them.... my order of priority is currently MT, AV, Then Dana. Sounds like Daka is better though?

    Daka is the first one to do because of the huge health bump she gets from completing the gear tier.
  • I ask cuz I’m currently gearing them.... my order of priority is currently MT, AV, Then Dana. Sounds like Daka is better though?
    That's... an oversimplified conclusion.

    Talzin, Ventress, Daka, Spirit, and Zombie all provide different but large benefits to the team. Basically Daka, Zombie, and Talzin help avert your lose condition while Asajj, Spirit, and Talzin help with your win condition, and all of them are great.

    Right now? I'd start with Asajj because of the GAS event. She's the most important relic for the event and investing significantly in her relic is basically half the G13-level prep for the hardest tier of the event. She's also the driving force behind Nightsisters in hSith. Personally, I'm working on Asajj right now and she'll be my first G13 sister.

    But for something like Territory Battle, a relic'd Daka is probably the most useful, especially if zeta'd, as long as you can avoid permadeath effects since as long as Daka is alive she can put the coven back on its feet. Upgrading Daka's relic isn't as important since she doesn't gain as much bulk as just slotting her finisher and making all her G12 pieces subject to mods.
    Still not a he.
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If someone keeps guessing right though, at some point it's not actually a guess.

    While that's a wonderfully glib answer, that's paper-thin logic - even for you. ;)

    Unless someone has "inside information" (let's not debate this here), everyone is guessing to an extent until requirements for a particular event are actually announced. Sure, there can be some well thought out and educated "guesses" - but, since CG has virtually changed the rules for every event (Malak being one of the first to require characters of a specific power level, GAS being the first character to ever require ships, etc.) it's still guessing.

    How's that paper-thin logic though?
    If you're prepared for anything and everthing, there's little to no guessing involved, even if they virtually change the rules for every event.
    I would also like to point out that for this particular event it wasn't necessary to "guess" the requirements, if you're on top of your game you would have all the required characters. No one is saying that they knew this event would require these toons (aside from shaak).

    You can't be prepared for every possibly ftp. It just isn't possible. Yes, if you whale on everything, you can for sure be ready. But as ftp, you have limited resources and it's not possible to have every possibility covered.

    What possibilities do you think a ftp cannot have covered? The hardest part of being ready for these events is the shard farming, and with the way things have been going it's entirely possible for a ftp to be completely caught up on the farming that's already out there and to be doing multiple refreshes a day on anything new as soon as it goes to a node. When that's not quite enough, saved crystals cover the rest. The other part of the equation is gear, but you don't have to have the right people geared in advance because you can hoard gear and apply it after the requirements are known. Unless you're talking about suddenly needing a 7* Wat or Negotiator with no crystal purchases available, or unless you mean "not possible for most ftp" as opposed to actually "not possible"?

    Ok let's say they drop another event next week that requires another team (let's say kit fisto jedi plus cup) now mind you, this is right after gas. Are you ready to relic 7 them f it were required?

    If not you're not ready for anything. And yes I know this is a highly unlikely situation.

    If everything required to gear them was available for crystals in the timeframe of the event, I could certainly g13 another team. Relic 7 on the whole team would be rough because relics haven't been out that long yet and they have yet to make any relic mats available for in-game currency, so they all have to be farmed. I haven't done 3 refreshes every single day on relic mats so I don't have as many as I could. I'm sure there are people with more relic mats hoarded than I have at this moment.

    You can always reach an extreme level of absurdity that any given person wouldn't be prepared for (what if they required every single character in the game to be r7 with 2 hours notice!??!), but when we talk about being ready for anything that's remotely plausible given a moderate increase from the last level of requirements, yeah, it's possible. And in the context of a discussion about whether f2p had to get lucky/guess right to be prepared for the events that have already occurred, the implication is that if the requirements had been something different (say, Sith ships instead of GR), then those people wouldn't have been ready. And that's just simply inaccurate.

    Another two teams being required at r7 isn't that big of a stretch at this point. And having another event shortly after isn't unprecedented either.

    Just making the point that anything is a brood word. I never said gas was impossible ftp. But there is some level of guessing involved unless you hoard everything and gear nothing. That also has opportunity cost. If you've played since launch and already had geos pretty well maxed and only had to gear brood, that would certainly help. But that also involved a guess that they would be decent at some point.

    IMO it's a huge stretch. We've never yet had an event that required all of the characters to be at the absolute max gear level available, or even particularly close to it. Nor have we had one within a week of the last one. The event we just had, despite being a jump from what had been required before, was *nowhere near* what you're suggesting.

    I don't gear nothing. I didn't have my geos geared at all until DSTB came out. Then I geared them. Not on a guess that they would be decent, but because they were required for content at that moment. (And the people who did have them geared mostly didn't do that on a guess either - they did it because their ships were good.) I never gear anything on a guess, and I still manage. That's my point -- there's no guessing required.

    You said ready for anything. And they may release r10 before that and wait a few weeks.

    I don't gear things on a guess either. But between earing geos, relicing my arena team, and putting a little gear on some key raid characters or teams I use in gac, I had not nearly enough hoarded.

    Maybe I should have allocated things differently or geared padme and droids for a gac team sooner. Nut that woukd have been guessing they would be good. I've played about 3 yrs now and have been competitive in arena for over a year. I am nowhere close to having enough g12 toons for gac so that I can just hoard all the gear I need. But maybe launch players have that much more gear.

    Or maybe some that claim to get things ftp are whales that already had a sea of gold and then brag they got something ftp.

    I guarantee with 100% certainty that there are not 100 f2p players in @No_Try 's guild.

    Would you like to solidify that claim? My account is one of the top 3. You should be as well be able to claim the same for me.

    There is no way to prove that you or anyone else is f2p other than if CG were to divulge that information, which they won't. So yeah, I'm pretty darn sure that there's at minimum a few, if not many, in your guild that are exaggerating their f2p status.

    If you like I can lower my 100% guarantee to 99%.

    I can 99% garauntee that TVF doesn't even play SWGOH. Prove me wrong.

    https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/

    99% garauntee it's a friend's account that you paid to change their name. No way to prove me wrong.
    See how meaningless a 99% garauntee is when there is no way to prove otherwise?

    Is this meant to invalidate my point? If anything you're supporting it.

    Nah. You made a garauntee that his guild isn't ftp without supporting evidence.

    You've missed my point and your argument supported that point.

    And beyond that, the odds of me spending my time here when I don't play the game and in fact go through the trouble of having a friend pretend to be me are so much longer than anyone in a 100 member guild lying about their f2p status that it's not even worth addressing your point any further, because it makes your point irrelevant.
    Again, you missed the point. You're trying to make a garauntee with no supporting evidence. Any evidence offered to the contrary can also be easily dismissed- same as you not playing the game. Besides, it's quite easy to imagine you getting onto the forums to be contrary and not actually play the game.
    For real, now I don't actually think you've played...
  • Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.

    I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

    I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.

    Maybe the reason people don't believe that you're ftp is that you claim all of the following.

    1. Have every character starred or pretty close. This is obviously possible and most launch ftp probably have this done just from running out of farms.

    2. You claim you haven't played since launch. So that makes number 1 less likely but still possible.

    3. You claim to always unlock every legendary/journey/confrontation character easily on the first try. Again possible but hard to do.

    4. You claim to still have significant crystals/gear stashed after the event. This one I don't buy. These events are typically tuned to drain resources even if you get them the first time. You'd have to pretty much not spend crystals on anything else and not gear toons hardly at all to do this. And you've also claimed to have every toon almost ready which eats crystals.


    Put together, they sound more like the characteristics of a whale (maybe one that spends smartly but still a whale). As you said there is no proof but I have only the evidence that I have. You could share your .gg account. If your roster is lean, I'd be more likely to believe you since to hoard so much, you'd have to be lean ftp.

    I don’t have a .gg account. If you’d like I will PM you my ally code. But again, it’s your problem if you choose not to believe me.

    “Easily” is not a word I’ve used. I would not consider my t7 of Chewie to have been easy, for example, since I was doing it without Bossk.

    Convenient that you are super focused but don't have a .gg account. I don't believe you. I don't care enough to discuss it anymore though.
  • Liath
    4858 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.

    I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

    I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.

    Maybe the reason people don't believe that you're ftp is that you claim all of the following.

    1. Have every character starred or pretty close. This is obviously possible and most launch ftp probably have this done just from running out of farms.

    2. You claim you haven't played since launch. So that makes number 1 less likely but still possible.

    3. You claim to always unlock every legendary/journey/confrontation character easily on the first try. Again possible but hard to do.

    4. You claim to still have significant crystals/gear stashed after the event. This one I don't buy. These events are typically tuned to drain resources even if you get them the first time. You'd have to pretty much not spend crystals on anything else and not gear toons hardly at all to do this. And you've also claimed to have every toon almost ready which eats crystals.


    Put together, they sound more like the characteristics of a whale (maybe one that spends smartly but still a whale). As you said there is no proof but I have only the evidence that I have. You could share your .gg account. If your roster is lean, I'd be more likely to believe you since to hoard so much, you'd have to be lean ftp.

    I don’t have a .gg account. If you’d like I will PM you my ally code. But again, it’s your problem if you choose not to believe me.

    “Easily” is not a word I’ve used. I would not consider my t7 of Chewie to have been easy, for example, since I was doing it without Bossk.

    Convenient that you are super focused but don't have a .gg account. I don't believe you. I don't care enough to discuss it anymore though.

    Lol wow. I fail to see how my decision not to have an account on a third party website is in any way “convenient,” especially when I offered you a perfectly viable alternative by which you could inspect my roster. But now suddenly when I make that offer you don’t care enough anymore? Hilarious.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.

    I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

    I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.

    Maybe the reason people don't believe that you're ftp is that you claim all of the following.

    1. Have every character starred or pretty close. This is obviously possible and most launch ftp probably have this done just from running out of farms.

    2. You claim you haven't played since launch. So that makes number 1 less likely but still possible.

    3. You claim to always unlock every legendary/journey/confrontation character easily on the first try. Again possible but hard to do.

    4. You claim to still have significant crystals/gear stashed after the event. This one I don't buy. These events are typically tuned to drain resources even if you get them the first time. You'd have to pretty much not spend crystals on anything else and not gear toons hardly at all to do this. And you've also claimed to have every toon almost ready which eats crystals.


    Put together, they sound more like the characteristics of a whale (maybe one that spends smartly but still a whale). As you said there is no proof but I have only the evidence that I have. You could share your .gg account. If your roster is lean, I'd be more likely to believe you since to hoard so much, you'd have to be lean ftp.

    I don’t have a .gg account. If you’d like I will PM you my ally code. But again, it’s your problem if you choose not to believe me.

    “Easily” is not a word I’ve used. I would not consider my t7 of Chewie to have been easy, for example, since I was doing it without Bossk.

    Convenient that you are super focused but don't have a .gg account. I don't believe you. I don't care enough to discuss it anymore though.

    Lol wow. I fail to see how my decision not to have an account on a third party website is in any way “convenient,” especially when I offered you a perfectly viable alternative by which you could inspect my roster. But now suddenly when I make that offer you don’t care enough anymore? Hilarious.

    Fine post your ally code then.
  • leef
    13043 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.

    I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

    I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.

    Maybe the reason people don't believe that you're ftp is that you claim all of the following.

    1. Have every character starred or pretty close. This is obviously possible and most launch ftp probably have this done just from running out of farms.

    2. You claim you haven't played since launch. So that makes number 1 less likely but still possible.

    3. You claim to always unlock every legendary/journey/confrontation character easily on the first try. Again possible but hard to do.

    4. You claim to still have significant crystals/gear stashed after the event. This one I don't buy. These events are typically tuned to drain resources even if you get them the first time. You'd have to pretty much not spend crystals on anything else and not gear toons hardly at all to do this. And you've also claimed to have every toon almost ready which eats crystals.


    Put together, they sound more like the characteristics of a whale (maybe one that spends smartly but still a whale). As you said there is no proof but I have only the evidence that I have. You could share your .gg account. If your roster is lean, I'd be more likely to believe you since to hoard so much, you'd have to be lean ftp.

    I don’t have a .gg account. If you’d like I will PM you my ally code. But again, it’s your problem if you choose not to believe me.

    “Easily” is not a word I’ve used. I would not consider my t7 of Chewie to have been easy, for example, since I was doing it without Bossk.

    Convenient that you are super focused but don't have a .gg account. I don't believe you. I don't care enough to discuss it anymore though.

    Lol wow. I fail to see how my decision not to have an account on a third party website is in any way “convenient,” especially when I offered you a perfectly viable alternative by which you could inspect my roster. But now suddenly when I make that offer you don’t care enough anymore? Hilarious.

    Fine post your ally code then.

    291-956-265
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Liath
    4858 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.
    Liath wrote: »
    I'm not denying I have made some poor choices. Everyone has. But when you act like it's always obvious what will be required next that's just crap.

    I have never once argued that it's always obvious what will be required next. I have consistently argued exactly the opposite. It doesn't matter to me what will be required next. That's my argument.

    And I never said you made poor choices. I said you made choices that affected your ability to be ready for this event. That doesn't mean they were poor. Only you can decide whether you regret them. I don't regret my choices; that's all I have to say about that.
    And that's assuming they release no new characters. If they do it could cost more. It takes 4 months to farm a character with no crystals. The cost is far less if you do refreshes but they'll likely release several at once where you may have to guess which ones are needed.

    That's possible, but it hasn't been the MO lately. When they've released multiple characters it's been because you needed all of them (OR), and in 2019, after promising fewer marquees and more reworks, they delivered on that promise, which is why we were in a position with this event where Shaak Ti was the only thing that required hard farming to be ready for. If they release multiple characters at once, I highly recommend hard farming all of them, rather than trying to guess which ones will be needed.
    If you wait until you know, it's expensive to catch up on the farm.
    That's definitely not the way to be ready for anything (reasonable).
    Let's say they release enough new toons to require a few refreshes. If you spend 200 crystals a day on farming refreshes and 300 a day on cantina to hoard relic materials. That cuts the possible 4 vaults down to two.

    You're assuming that the person in question is starting today with zero crystals saved. Which might be the case for some, but isn't part of my strategy. I have always overestimated the amount by which they would raise the bar, which has resulted in me finishing events without using up everything I have. Which makes it a lot easier to be ready for the next one as well.

    You argued that you didn't need to guess about anything to get the character. Yet you say that when new characters come out you should just hard farm them all, yet hoard enough resources to be ready for absolutely anything.

    As a 100% ftp player, there just aren't enough resources to do all of that. There are still many characters I haven't farmed yet because there's always other things to spend energy on.

    And now you're telling me you have done all this and have a significant amount of crystals left all without making any "lucky guesses." Either that is a bunch of crap and you made some lucky guesses along the way or you're not really ftp and you whaled out at one point to get a jump start.

    And the second part makes more sense. Many people like to brag about being ftp and just fail to mention that they whaled out to get the last meta. Even U tubers do it. So I can see where you may be confused.

    But once you whale, you're not ftp.

    I said very early on that we have reached a stage in the game where a f2p who focused on farming shards could be done or very close to done with everything farmable. I’m sorry you’re not in that position but it doesn’t make it impossible. I learned very early on that the MO of the game was becoming that any unit might suddenly be needed at any time. So getting the shards to be ready or within striking distance of 7* any character or ship possibly was a top priority of mine for years.

    I have long wished that there was a title in the game for 100% f2p players just so that I could shut down all the people that assume I’m lying because I’ve done something they personally couldn’t do and therefore assume is impossible. But there isn’t, so there’s no way for me to prove it, and people like you will go on assuming that I’m lying because it makes them feel better about their own choices.

    Maybe the reason people don't believe that you're ftp is that you claim all of the following.

    1. Have every character starred or pretty close. This is obviously possible and most launch ftp probably have this done just from running out of farms.

    2. You claim you haven't played since launch. So that makes number 1 less likely but still possible.

    3. You claim to always unlock every legendary/journey/confrontation character easily on the first try. Again possible but hard to do.

    4. You claim to still have significant crystals/gear stashed after the event. This one I don't buy. These events are typically tuned to drain resources even if you get them the first time. You'd have to pretty much not spend crystals on anything else and not gear toons hardly at all to do this. And you've also claimed to have every toon almost ready which eats crystals.


    Put together, they sound more like the characteristics of a whale (maybe one that spends smartly but still a whale). As you said there is no proof but I have only the evidence that I have. You could share your .gg account. If your roster is lean, I'd be more likely to believe you since to hoard so much, you'd have to be lean ftp.

    I don’t have a .gg account. If you’d like I will PM you my ally code. But again, it’s your problem if you choose not to believe me.

    “Easily” is not a word I’ve used. I would not consider my t7 of Chewie to have been easy, for example, since I was doing it without Bossk.

    Convenient that you are super focused but don't have a .gg account. I don't believe you. I don't care enough to discuss it anymore though.

    Lol wow. I fail to see how my decision not to have an account on a third party website is in any way “convenient,” especially when I offered you a perfectly viable alternative by which you could inspect my roster. But now suddenly when I make that offer you don’t care enough anymore? Hilarious.

    Fine post your ally code then.

    I PM’d it to you in accordance with my offer. I hope that if you decide you wish to discuss it further after all you will do so by PM as well.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I ask cuz I’m currently gearing them.... my order of priority is currently MT, AV, Then Dana. Sounds like Daka is better though?
    That's... an oversimplified conclusion.

    Talzin, Ventress, Daka, Spirit, and Zombie all provide different but large benefits to the team. Basically Daka, Zombie, and Talzin help avert your lose condition while Asajj, Spirit, and Talzin help with your win condition, and all of them are great.

    Right now? I'd start with Asajj because of the GAS event. She's the most important relic for the event and investing significantly in her relic is basically half the G13-level prep for the hardest tier of the event. She's also the driving force behind Nightsisters in hSith. Personally, I'm working on Asajj right now and she'll be my first G13 sister.

    But for something like Territory Battle, a relic'd Daka is probably the most useful, especially if zeta'd, as long as you can avoid permadeath effects since as long as Daka is alive she can put the coven back on its feet. Upgrading Daka's relic isn't as important since she doesn't gain as much bulk as just slotting her finisher and making all her G12 pieces subject to mods.

    This is 1000% great info. I run an R5 Daka and Talzin lead NS can do 4 phases on day 4 of geo TB. Even a massive aoe trashes out everyone else, but Daka's in green health ready to rez everyone else. I do like to run a g12 Talia in that group due extra healing and tm bump if needed, but spirit hits crazy hard at relic level (I've heard)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
Sign In or Register to comment.