Exchange Get2 for Get1 please

taquillasun
1158 posts Member
edited October 2019
How hard would this be? Just put it in the store for us to but as an item. Spend 500 GET1 for 500 GET2. No exchange rate needed. A straight up trade.
Post edited by taquillasun on

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Hard? Not at all. But it would completely defeat the purpose of having a second currency.
  • How so?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Why have different currencies if they are interchangeable without even a discount rate on it? The point of having a second currency is that you have to be doing the latest end game content to get the new stuff, and you can’t hoard one and then use it for stuff that requires the other. It controls the economy of different levels of items differently.
  • Lmao then all the noobs are gonna have the Negotiator by only ever playing hoth.

0/10 awful idea
  • Lmao then all the noobs are gonna have the Negotiator by only ever playing hoth.

0/10 awful idea

I meant to say that the other way around. Exchanger get2 for GET1 and not the other way around.

My mistake.

Now that I revised it. I don't see an issue.

Do you?

0/10 awful idea

I meant to say that the other way around. Exchanger get2 for GET1 and not the other way around.

My mistake.

Do you?

The fact that you have to ask for this feature demonstrates that CG have epically mishandled this character release.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Lmao then all the noobs are gonna have the Negotiator by only ever playing hoth.

0/10 awful idea

My mistake.

Do you?

The fact that you have to ask for this feature demonstrates that CG have epically mishandled this character release.

Amen
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Lmao then all the noobs are gonna have the Negotiator by only ever playing hoth.

0/10 awful idea

My mistake.

Do you?

the fact that they didnt do it, considered it and spat at it. yeah. you have a point.

cant hirt to ask though right?

maybe, just maybe they didnt think of it?

i know, let the laughs ensue...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    I’d rather exchange gear for higher gear personally
  • Why can't I edit the title?
  • I mean why the Hell is it Guild events...... Did my guild partake on the adventure with me?

No.

I understand Hoda and WOmpa and Ip droid. As a guild we did TB, we can get those characters.

But Malak and GAS? Those are individual events. Why are we needing a guild to fish them off?

This just makes no sense...
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    This is unnecessary.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I mean why the Hell is it Guild events...... Did my guild partake on the adventure with me?

No.

I understand Hoda and WOmpa and Ip droid. As a guild we did TB, we can get those characters.

But Malak and GAS? Those are individual events. Why are we needing a guild to fish them off?

This just makes no sense...

This is actually a valid point. I'll give you that.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This is a terrible idea.
    GAS shouldn't even be in the store, that's the problem.
    Look, here's a new store to help with the gear crunch!!... oh look here's Malak, GAS, Negotiator... no gear for you!
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    The joke's on us, they said that GET would help with the gear crunch, then out of nowhere you need 70k to finish an otherwise worthless toon that should be OP

I have read this around the forum recently, but where did they actually say that GET was going to be only for gear going forward? The only thing i remember/could find was a Q&A response saying that they didnt want to put characters in the GAC store because there was much debate with putting hyoda/wampa/malak in the GET store.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • The real easy way out for them is to add him to the GET2 store. they can save face, and not ruin anyones time by having people go back to Hoth.
  • raybron99 wrote: »
    The real easy way out for them is to add him to the GET2 store. they can save face, and not ruin anyones time by having people go back to Hoth.

Honestly, the "easy way out" is to simply have the LS Geo TB (which is dropping next month) just reward more GET1 than Hoth relative to guild abilities to star. Then high level guilds pursuing GAS will simply move on to the newest content rather than going backwards to the old. Especially if they announce it soon. Whales won't be happy - but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

If CG's goal was to "gate" GAS development by slowing down his progression to 7 stars (which clearly seems to be their intent), making people wait a few weeks for Geo LS TB for faster GET1 acquisition fits that plan as well.

Again, I think the entire situation is a marketing disaster (used for the typical forum-esque emphasis). On the one hand, CG seems to want people to do the following:
    1) Spend
    2) Gear up/level up...everything...as soon as possible.
    3) Diversify their rosters
    The problem with releasing a character that requires lots of gear, 4 zetas and uses GET currency to get to to 7* - and whose effectiveness in the arena meta (and thus GAC and TW) is questionable - is that that encourages people to:
    1) Save (just in case the "flavor of the week" is not that great)
    2) Hoard (gear, zetas and various currencies) - in either case
    3) Dump all of their resources into a single character....if they spend them at all.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • GET 2 straight exchange makes sense. Just not GET1 for GET2.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Baddbrad wrote: »
    GET 2 straight exchange makes sense. Just not GET1 for GET2.

So.....?

GET 2 for gear or Neg shards then?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    raybron99 wrote: »
    The real easy way out for them is to add him to the GET2 store. they can save face, and not ruin anyones time by having people go back to Hoth.

Honestly, the "easy way out" is to simply have the LS Geo TB (which is dropping next month) just reward more GET1 than Hoth relative to guild abilities to star. Then high level guilds pursuing GAS will simply move on to the newest content rather than going backwards to the old. Especially if they announce it soon. Whales won't be happy - but there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

If CG's goal was to "gate" GAS development by slowing down his progression to 7 stars (which clearly seems to be their intent), making people wait a few weeks for Geo LS TB for faster GET1 acquisition fits that plan as well.

Again, I think the entire situation is a marketing disaster (used for the typical forum-esque emphasis). On the one hand, CG seems to want people to do the following:
    1) Spend
    2) Gear up/level up...everything...as soon as possible.
    3) Diversify their rosters
    The problem with releasing a character that requires lots of gear, 4 zetas and uses GET currency to get to to 7* - and whose effectiveness in the arena meta (and thus GAC and TW) is questionable - is that that encourages people to:
    1) Save (just in case the "flavor of the week" is not that great)
    2) Hoard (gear, zetas and various currencies) - in either case
    3) Dump all of their resources into a single character....if they spend them at all.

That would work well too. There is honestly a ton of ways they could placate people without breaking their own long term goals, and many have been listed here or Reddit. I am confident they will do something to show they care about how awful this release was, and that they listen to us. I know they want a great game.
  • I actually don't think this is a terrible idea. As far as I'm concerned, GET2 is simply more valuable than GET1, even with Malak and GAS being under GET1. If someone wants to trade down, fine.

We are already allowing folks to effectively trade by doing Hoth instead of Geo, provided the whole guild goes along. And in my guild, considering our stars and special mission output, that would be trading at a 1 get2 = 1.5 get1 exchange rate, although you do lose a bit of good gear.