Cant find a spot for GAS

Ikky2win
870 posts Member
edited October 2019
He tried to lead the 501st but Shaak Ti said no way. “When you reach your full ability level (7 stars) I’ll let you take over, but until then, I am a better leader.” So Anakin tried to join them anyways as the fifth member instead of their leader but Barriss was like “nuh-uh. I make the 501st harder to kill than you do.” So what did Anakin do? Well he went and cried to Padme of course and feeling sorry for him, she allowed him on her team.

Seriously though, I know there have been a zillion posts about 5* Anakin but I’m really having trouble finding a spot for him. I won’t have him 7* until after the next TB. My clones are my anti-DR squad for GAC (Shaak-TI, Rex, Fives, Echo, and relic 7 JKA). Adding him to that team makes it worse. Making him the leader makes it far worse. I guess he fills JKAs spot on Padme’s team? I mainly use Padme for things like Geos if I need Traya elsewhere. I guess the aoe daze will be good.

Still really pathetic that the character that was billed as being like a raid boss can barely find a spot in my roster. But once I get him 7 star I can totally own arena like Traya, JKR, and DR owned arena when they came out, right?

Nope. Can’t leave him on defense because a Padme team can nearly auto him. But wait, once ARC trooper comes out that will change everything right? He’ll totally own arena then. Nope. ARC trooper will make the team even WORSE on defense vs. Padme because the attacks out of turn will feed them more protection up.

<insert facepalm emoji>

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• In a one on one situation GAS would clap all three of them.

Soo
  • In a one on one situation GAS would clap all three of them.

Soo

....we just have to wait for those 1v1 GAC modes to come into the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    In a one on one situation GAS would clap all three of them.

Soo

....we just have to wait for those 1v1 GAC modes to come into the game.

Aww you didnt get the joke ;p
  • What is the specific make up of the padme team that counters him at 7 star. I may need to make sure to build that team up since I missed him.
  • What is the specific make up of the padme team that counters him at 7 star. I may need to make sure to build that team up since I missed him.

Well since they always attack out of turn, Padmé, GK, 3PO, snips & Anakin (he HASSS to be g13 and high relic'd)
  • I dont feel sad that a 5* G11 dont perform right against 7* G13 relics teams.
    You will see a 7* GAS will rule them allow.
    Perfectly logic and a better move from CG compared tot the malak crap
  • He's much like General Grievous in this. Not worth much while he's under 7* and G13, but once he gets maxed out he is a T-Rex among wolves.
  • Honestly they could just give ARC Trooper a unique ability that completely negates Padme's leadership. It's the most likely scenario.
  • Honestly they could just give ARC Trooper a unique ability that completely negates Padme's leadership. It's the most likely scenario.

They’ve already released his kit. Not saying they won’t modify it but at the moment he just makes the team worse vs Padme.
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    I dont feel sad that a 5* G11 dont perform right against 7* G13 relics teams.
    You will see a 7* GAS will rule them allow.
    Perfectly logic and a better move from CG compared tot the malak crap

The difference being Malak was viable at 5* and shifted the meta. GAS will not shift the meta at 5* and the bulk of people who unlocked him won’t have him to 7* for 4-6 months, at which time we’ll be close to another meta shift anyways.

I don’t think this whole story has played out though. I just can’t fathom that CG didn’t realize all this already and they have something else up their sleeve. Maybe not though? It’s possible they are as clueless as this whole fiasco seems to indicate, but it just seems like something else is coming.
  • Ikky2win wrote: »
    He tried to lead the 501st but Shaak Ti said no way. “When you reach your full ability level (7 stars) I’ll let you take over, but until then, I am a better leader.” So Anakin tried to join them anyways as the fifth member instead of their leader but Barriss was like “nuh-uh. I make the 501st harder to kill than you do.” So what did Anakin do? Well he went and cried to Padme of course and feeling sorry for him, she allowed him on her team.

Seriously though, I know there have been a zillion posts about 5* Anakin but I’m really having trouble finding a spot for him. I won’t have him 7* until after the next TB. My clones are my anti-DR squad for GAC (Shaak-TI, Rex, Fives, Echo, and relic 7 JKA). Adding him to that team makes it worse. Making him the leader makes it far worse. I guess he fills JKAs spot on Padme’s team? I mainly use Padme for things like Geos if I need Traya elsewhere. I guess the aoe daze will be good.

Still really pathetic that the character that was billed as being like a raid boss can barely find a spot in my roster. But once I get him 7 star I can totally own arena like Traya, JKR, and DR owned arena when they came out, right?

Nope. Can’t leave him on defense because a Padme team can nearly auto him. But wait, once ARC trooper comes out that will change everything right? He’ll totally own arena then. Nope. ARC trooper will make the team even WORSE on defense vs. Padme because the attacks out of turn will feed them more protection up.

<insert facepalm emoji>

A beautiful summation.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Honestly they could just give ARC Trooper a unique ability that completely negates Padme's leadership. It's the most likely scenario.

They’ve already released his kit. Not saying they won’t modify it but at the moment he just makes the team worse vs Padme.

The problem with this line of thinking (i.e. that they are going to do something to "fix" the way he performs vs. Padme meta teams) is that it makes the huge assumption that they never tested GAS against a Padme team pre-release. Now, I don't think CG/EA are the sharpest tools in the shed - but to imply that they never tested him against one of the most prevalent meta (or anti-meta) teams (and one that is basically needed to get him) is a major stretch.

At this point, any alteration/nerf/buff to make him perform better against Padme teams would simply be a major indication/admission of ineptitude on CG's part related to pre-release testing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

Well since they always attack out of turn, Padmé, GK, 3PO, snips & Anakin (he HASSS to be g13 and high relic'd)

Does that still work against the reliced gas or just the 5 star? I've heard the 5 star is easy to beat with sith empire but haven't seen any in my shard. I already have a r3 jka so that won't be a problem. Just curious to see how it has played out for those that have tested it.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    Honestly they could just give ARC Trooper a unique ability that completely negates Padme's leadership. It's the most likely scenario.

The problem with this line of thinking (i.e. that they are going to do something to "fix" the way he performs vs. Padme meta teams) is that it makes the huge assumption that they never tested GAS against a Padme team pre-release. Now, I don't think CG/EA are the sharpest tools in the shed - but to imply that they never tested him against one of the most prevalent meta (or anti-meta) teams (and one that is basically needed to get him) is a major stretch.

At this point, any alteration/nerf/buff to make him perform better against Padme teams would simply be a major indication/admission of ineptitude on CG's part related to pre-release testing.

Well there was that whole EP issue against DR, lol. Malak quickly put a stop to that though.

That's different - EP wasn't meta at that point. He was an older, forgotten character from an older meta. It was an understandably unforeseen interaction. There's no way they didn't test GAS against the 3 current meta teams (GG, Padme and DR/Malak).