I predict they will...

Replies

• My prediction was right on the money.

2 days of the worst feedback and highest rate of quitting we’ve witnessed for years, and CG are in full Turtle Mode. Radio silence.

See you on the holotables!
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I am of two minds on the subject:

I actually really enjoy the character. Mechanics are fun, animations are great to look at, and relevant - you know he will be used in LSGEOTB plus I like Clone Wars era. It cost me little as I hoarded-up for this.

Roll-out-wise: Bad, it’s like they are saying “I can’t believe how much junk they put up with. We can’t phase out the game fast enough* with ludicrous implementation of consumables to achieve the optimal level of disgust by our satisfaction = (character power x game utility)/(financial x time investment) diminishing returns equation.”

Makes me wonder if they intentionally schedule for game-death after a known inflationary trend.

* not convinced the game is being phased out
    Post edited by Pariah_Anchorite on
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »
    My prediction was right on the money.

2 days of the worst feedback and highest rate of quitting we’ve witnessed for years, and CG are in full Turtle Mode. Radio silence.

Not exactly a stunning prediction on the communication front, since they never come out and say all the complainers are right.

Well, I guess they did once, with the TW toon ban thing. Maybe tournaments too, I wasn't here for that. But 99% of the time it's some very loud people complaining very loudly and assuming that because they are so loud, they must be right and CG must fix whatever they're complaining about.

Also, "the highest rate of quitting we've witnessed for years" is claimed every single time there's new content, a new event, or no new content (basically, always). So, welcome to the club I guess.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • IMO the issue is not with relics. The issue is that we need the same gear (kyros, stun guns, stun cuffs, carbantis) to progress our toons right from G8 to R7. Relics as a concept has its flaws (tilted towards attackers) but is still a reasonable attempt.

It is ABSOLUTELY ATROCIOUS that they create gear gates at multiple levels without materially increasing inflow.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Out of curiousity, what would you like them to do?

Well I wrote a big long reply covering multiple scenarios, nothing controversial in it whatsoever, and they've pulled it for moderation. Hopefully it comes back.

happens a lot. Kyno might be able to help recover that comment.

@Palanthian done.

Thanks.

So to reiterate, here are some solutions that could fix this...

The Sensible Solution:

They could allow GAS to be purchased with GET1 OR GET2. This would remove the ridiculous scenario where you can farm GAS almost 2x faster by playing only Hoth TB. The latest, greatest end-game character should not be best farmed by playing early/mid-game content.

The Charitable Solution:

CG realises that a 5* unlock is not viable in today's age of G13 and relics, and that requiring GET1 has broken their recent pledge to ease the gear crunch, so they credit the shards to 7* the character to everyone who unlocked him, and refund the GET1. Never going to happen, but we can dream.

The Whale Solution:

They provide a monetary route to finishing off the character, i.e. shard packs. I can't see this happening, either, but they'd make a load of money from it. Let's face it, they're not going to make much money from Arc Trooper if there's only 100 7* GAS in the wild. Nobody with a 5* will care about Arc Trooper.

I would take any of the above solutions to this issue. The Malak release worked, I accept that, but there were key differences:
    • Malak WAS viable at 5* and slotted into an already near-meta team
    • Malak could be farmed in just 3 months, even if the player had no GET saved, and Hoth was the only TB in town
    • The power ceiling was G12+5, now it's G13+R7, which is a universe of difference

A 5* unlock is no longer viable. CG have dropped the ball on this, I hope they realise it quickly and restore some faith with the players who, like it or not, keep the lights on.

Fantastic write up! I hope they do something here.

• I believe there were hints of a new raid soon. HSTR has a non-trivial amount of GET1. If the new raid has the same or more, that would be a big boost.
  • TVF wrote: »

Not exactly a stunning prediction on the communication front, since they never come out and say all the complainers are right.

Well, I guess they did once, with the TW toon ban thing. Maybe tournaments too, I wasn't here for that. But 99% of the time it's some very loud people complaining very loudly and assuming that because they are so loud, they must be right and CG must fix whatever they're complaining about.

Also, "the highest rate of quitting we've witnessed for years" is claimed every single time there's new content, a new event, or no new content (basically, always). So, welcome to the club I guess.

Nobody louder than you, bud. Every thread, there you are.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »
    I believe there were hints of a new raid soon. HSTR has a non-trivial amount of GET1. If the new raid has the same or more, that would be a big boost.

The latest Q&A referenced a new raid early(ish?) next year, with ships being included as a component.
  • I don't bother complaining here anymore. Everyone here knows what's up. I complain where the reviews are so people know not to sink time and money into this unless they want to sink more and more money for less and less content. I'm just here because I've spent so much time and effort it'd be a shame to waste it all. At least that's been the calculation so far.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Doesn't make me wrong.

Go back and look through the threads about all the changes to the game and try to prove me wrong.
  • Old_Man_Kunz
    13 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    I agree with you @Palanthian. The only reason I'm still playing SWGOH is because my LOVE for Star Wars outweighs all the shenanigans going on with this game and wanting to play a mobile Star Wars game. If there was a better mobile option I would have switched after this last update.

On a different note, I am an optimist and will continue to have hope that things will get better.
    “You must unlearn what you have learned.” - Yoda
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Have you been around for the initial rollout of mods? Or HAAT? Those got changed too, and those are just the most notable things. It's not like complaining never achieves anything.
  • Nauros wrote: »

Have you been around for the initial rollout of mods? Or HAAT? Those got changed too, and those are just the most notable things. It's not like complaining never achieves anything.

This. I was there and do indeed remember the contrition of CG over the initial release of mods.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

I responded but I dared to try to fix my "every" typo to "ever" and the spam filter got mad at me. Whatever.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Wasn't it only NAAT that got changed?

Anyway, a sufficient amount of complaining may change something, but it's like the boy who cried wolf at this point. When people are up in arms over every single thing they ever do, the actually important things get lost in all the noise. And even if they were considering changing something, it's highly unlikely that there would ever be the type of communication OP seems to expect.
  • If they change the fact that GAS is locked at 5* for now and almost impossible to 7* don’t you folks think it will upset another kind of people?

Here is my example, I could have spent around 150$ to finish ETA and be ready for the event, I did not when I saw the videos about his viability at 5* and knowing ai do not have enough GET1 to 7* him. I made a decision based on the facts we knew. Now if they change the rules? Then I get penalize for following their rules/announcments?

They have only one way to make everything right. Rerun the event in two weeks, making him a 7* unlock and reumburse any GET used on shards for him.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited October 2019
    They have only one way to make everything right. Rerun the event in two weeks, making him a 7* unlock and reumburse any GET used on shards for him.

Respectfully disagree.
  • Making mistakes as leaders is correct as long as we admit them and learn from them. Turtling and refusing to admit mistakes is the worst way to handle a PR disaster.
  • @TVF mind to elaborate why? I am curious. It would indeed probably **** off people who panicked farmed him.

I cannot see a choice they could make to not alienate either side of the fence.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

Wasn't it only NAAT that got changed?

Anyway, a sufficient amount of complaining may change something, but it's like the boy who cried wolf at this point. When people are up in arms over every single thing they ever do, the actually important things get lost in all the noise. And even if they were considering changing something, it's highly unlikely that there would ever be the type of communication OP seems to expect.

I don't think they get lost, more likely the devs base their decisions on a bunch of other metrics we don't get to see besides direct community feedback. Bottom line is that if something is truly screwed up, they fix it and voicing our opinions doesn't hurt. Although a lot of the complains are pretty dumb, and that's coming from a known complainer...
    And it probably was just NAAT now that I think about it. Not that it changes anything about my point.
  • They’re too busy working on great new content to respond to your petty concerns...
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    @TVF mind to elaborate why? I am curious. It would indeed probably **** off people who panicked farmed him.

I cannot see a choice they could make to not alienate either side of the fence.

I pushed hard to get everything in order by the deadline. You don't want to "change the rules" except then you suggest everyone gets two more weeks to get ready? No thanks.
  • They're only listening to cha-ching noises. Why would player satisfaction be a developer concern in a game that is frustrating by design? Of course if we all stopped spending (as if), the only thing we'd achieve is that the servers are shut down sooner. The increasing monetization that we're seeing is already a response to the game being well past its peak.

The only form of feedback that might succeed is selective spending. But you all know as well as I do that most of the people who pulled out their credit card for Malak and Gensky are going to do the same for the next epic whale milking device. The difference will be made up with even higher requirements and even more expensive packs in the store.

In a way, that's a good thing for those of us who have their spending under control or never spent in the first place. It means we'll get to enjoy the game for another year or three. Always assuming it stays somewhat enjoyable. The enjoyment is starting to wear a little thin as of late.
  • Rather them make both malak and GS a 7* unlock.

And we get all our GET from malak back too. I would love that B)

Shillin for da man.

This. I was there and do indeed remember the contrition of CG over the initial release of mods.

The worst rollback in game history.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    And it probably was just NAAT now that I think about it. Not that it changes anything about my point.

The driving force behind the change in difficulty of NAAT was the data CG had showing how long it took guilds to complete and that the completion time was actually increasing due to decreased engagement.
  • TommySitt wrote: »
    I just spent $200 on GAS, who will collect dust at 5 star. In hindsight I'd rather have used those funds elsewhere, maybe on upcoming GR toons for LS Geo TB, or new ep9 toons

Same. I don't spend much money but I ignored the Revans because I don't care about that era or any of those characters because I never played those games. Instead I was working on Seperatists and Galactic Republic, so General Skywalker just kind of fell into my lap. I tossed a bit of money into the character to unlock him and was excited to be out in front of the meta for once.

Instead I have a cool toon I can't even use sitting on my bench and zero reason to bother ever spending money again.