Wat mission change?

So I’m hearing from a lot of people in multiple guilds that this time the Wat mission in Tb was much harder and none of them got past it like they usually do. Anyone else seeing this? I myself always beat that mission on auto and got destroyed in round 4 quickly. Is this just a fluke week or did they change it?

Replies

• Playing on auto is not wise. That’s likely why you failed.

The enemy composition is randomised, so it will require different strategy depending on who you’re up against.

For a contrast, last TB our guild got 26 Wat shards, this time we got 33.
  • Playing on auto is not wise. That’s likely why you failed.

The enemy composition is randomised, so it will require different strategy depending on who you’re up against.

I mean maybe I’ve gotten lucky so far but I’ve always won, by auto I mean the commands are on auto, I’m still picking who I take out first and whatnot. I normally go for medic, maybe I’ll start taking out aoe guys first before medic
  • Trake wrote: »
    Playing on auto is not wise. That’s likely why you failed.

I mean maybe I’ve gotten lucky so far but I’ve always won, by auto I mean the commands are on auto, I’m still picking who I take out first and whatnot. I normally go for medic, maybe I’ll start taking out aoe guys first before medic
    You indeed got lucky. You need to ability block AoE attackers first before you start taking out enemy units. If you don't do so, it can always go south soon.
  • Found it to be of similar difficulty as it always has been. Our guild saw its highest shard count yet.
  • It was harder than before but still manageable though with the same team i made it before. So it's just about playing smarter than before.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    If you get an arc trooper and don't ability block him, he'll aoe daze your geos and then you're basically toast. Maybe you didn't get him before, or got lucky and they targeted him before his turn?
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Trake wrote: »
    So I’m hearing from a lot of people in multiple guilds that this time the Wat mission in Tb was much harder and none of them got past it like they usually do. Anyone else seeing this? I myself always beat that mission on auto and got destroyed in round 4 quickly. Is this just a fluke week or did they change it?

This is the third time I've tried and the first time I've succeeded.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Wat was OK, but last phase seems harder to me and all the guild
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    Why would you ever play something as critical as the Wat shard mission on auto?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• kalidor wrote: »
    If you get an arc trooper and don't ability block him, he'll aoe daze your geos and then you're basically toast. Maybe you didn't get him before, or got lucky and they targeted him before his turn?

This. Occasionally I get multiple ARC troopers. Besides needing to drop everything to keep them ability blocked, it is wise to keep a cleanse ready just in case you get repeated resists. If it’s on auto, you might get bad RNG, get everyone dazed, and then you’re dead before a cleanse is off cool down.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Why would you ever play something as critical as the Wat shard mission on auto?

Because people have been clamoring for less content.

Wait.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    The 4th mission is entirely RNG who you get. I find the composition with a bunch of AoE clones and the fish Jedi to be much harder than some of the others. With my mods I can't possibly keep them all ability blocked. Mostly I get hit with an AoE that kills 1-3 bugs from nearly full. This last time I got hit with an AoE Daze which pretty much shuts down the only strength of the team.

When I got a different comp for round 4, I beat it easily with bugs that were lower geared and worse modded than what I have now.
  • Lanbo
    128 posts Member
    Hate to throw a wrench in your system, but I actually had a significantly easier time this go around. I've beaten it every single time, but this one was easier. And no, I have not upgraded my geos since the last time.
  • This was the first time I was able to play it after 7* my GBA. So with G10 zeta’d GBA and a full G12 Geo team behind him....I never even got a turn. G13 it must be, I guess. Whatever.
  • Jarvind
    3926 posts Member
    I strongly believe people fail this mission purely because they hear it's "much easier than Acklay" and they interpret that to mean "easy."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Trake
    148 posts Member
    Ok, so what I’m gathering by the responses is that I’ve just had a decent amount of rng up until now. I’ll pay closer attention to the aoe guys and target them first instead of the medic.
  • This was the first time I was able to play it after 7* my GBA. So with G10 zeta’d GBA and a full G12 Geo team behind him....I never even got a turn. G13 it must be, I guess. Whatever.

I completed it once with g11 GBA and several times with g12 GBA, so it is not a mandatory g13
  • Cs99
    146 posts Member
    This was the first time I was able to play it after 7* my GBA. So with G10 zeta’d GBA and a full G12 Geo team behind him....I never even got a turn. G13 it must be, I guess. Whatever.

I had to g13 r3 my alpha with a full g12 squad to beat it for the first time.
  • I’ve done it three times so far. I beat it twice with g11 alpha and g12 for the rest of the bugs. You have to have a good strategy and take your time with it. The time I didn’t win it did seem more difficult but that could have been something I did.
  • Don’t rest on your laurels!

Some guildies said the same that it got harder- but as Dar said - it’s randomized enemies. Got to always play smart and AB em all.

I completed it once with g11 GBA and several times with g12 GBA, so it is not a mandatory g13

I just completed it with g12 GBA with only 1 zeta and g11 and g12 Geos. I completed it and I'm an ****. So definetly possible without g13 anything.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    What are the possible combos? I’ve only done it twice and got the same team each time: Mace, Ki Adi Mundi, medic, sergeant, Ponds, and a couple others I can’t remember.
  • I hate Ponds.

I only wish Jango was mission-eligible so that i could kill him with fire.
  • Also check how many separatist motive you’re getting. It’s harder for the geos but it does make a difference especially on the 4th round. I’ve never gotten separatist loyalty but I’ve had 5-6 stacks of motive which is a lot more damage
  • I didn’t notice any difference this time. RNG can cause a fail at any time, but I was able to clear without much stress, and my guild seemed to perform well also.